Feint spam must stop.

• Simple Thread.

Remove the ability to spam feint. Give feint a 1 second cooldown.

There is literally no reason not to do this.

• I hate it when people do this, they can feint up to five times in a row. It’s really annoying

• This is why i stick to the shield now. You see rank 35+ and 40+ people using feint and claiming they are so good, then you give them a situation where feint is useless and they suddenly suck.

• @KingOfPolarBears:

I hate it when people do this, they can feint up to five times in a row. It’s really annoying

Well after the 3rd or 4th feint you might think about hitting them.

• @gregcau:

@KingOfPolarBears:

I hate it when people do this, they can feint up to five times in a row. It’s really annoying

Easier said than done. Especially if you’re weapon has low range, and their using a weapon like the zweihander or sword of war. You can’t exactly just rush at them and stab them. Add to the fact that you can feint twice much faster than someone can parry once. At close range it’s deadly since their hits connect almost instantly if its not a feint and at long range you often can’t reach them. And the feint isn’t always 3rd or 4th, it could be no feint or 2nd feint, all less than 1/2 a second apart.

• @gregcau:

@KingOfPolarBears:

True words. If you are the aggressor, you make your opponent the blocker instead of the feinter. Don’t let your opponents get the upper hand, seize the day and take their head!

And to the guy saying about large reach. Back up until they are done feinting. After all those feints with a zwei, they will be sapped for stamina.

• sometimes i better receive a hit if i give one too, sometimes my char flinches.

• @ChuckingIt:

@gregcau:

@KingOfPolarBears:

True words. If you are the aggressor, you make your opponent the blocker instead of the feinter. Don’t let your opponents get the upper hand, seize the day and take their head!

And to the guy saying about large reach. Back up until they are done feinting. After all those feints with a zwei, they will be sapped for stamina.

I’m sorry, no.

1. You say that to combat feinting you should attack - but THIS is what turns feinting into a guessing game. If you are fighting someone that you know likes to use feints, you might attack him when you see him coming towards you and raise his weapon, in order to counter his possible feint. Now, either you have guessed right and you win, or you guessed wrong and you get hit.

What you don’t acknowledge is that the only way NOT to turn feinting into a guessing game is to try to read them - a feat which is possible EXCEPT when feint spamming is involved. That is why it needs removing.

1. It’s all well and good saying ‘They will be sapped for stamina’ but the new stamina system actually makes it rather difficult to capitalise when someone runs out of stamina, since you don’t know when it’ll happen.

In addition, I don’t know if you play knight or whatever, but I often play vanguard and if I take a hit from a zweihander my concern is going to be how low my health is, not how low his stamina is.

• Players first complained about slash spam. Now they complain about feint spam.

Do you kids just complain every time you die? Is there no pleasing you? No skill is good enough to match your superior ability?

Lmao

• @JHoersten2:

Players first complained about slash spam. Now they complain about feint spam.

Do you kids just complain every time you die? Is there no pleasing you? No skill is good enough to match your superior ability?

Lmao

There are better players than you that complain about feint spam.

• @Bloodhead:

I’m sorry, no.

1. You say that to combat feinting you should attack - but THIS is what turns feinting into a guessing game. If you are fighting someone that you know likes to use feints, you might attack him when you see him coming towards you and raise his weapon, in order to counter his possible feint. Now, either you have guessed right and you win, or you guessed wrong and you get hit.

What you don’t acknowledge is that the only way NOT to turn feinting into a guessing game is to try to read them - a feat which is possible EXCEPT when feint spamming is involved. That is why it needs removing.

1. It’s all well and good saying ‘They will be sapped for stamina’ but the new stamina system actually makes it rather difficult to capitalise when someone runs out of stamina, since you don’t know when it’ll happen.

In addition, I don’t know if you play knight or whatever, but I often play vanguard and if I take a hit from a zweihander my concern is going to be how low my health is, not how low his stamina is.

I play Knight. And a zweih can two shot me as well. I am not even going to argue, because its going to be my experience vs yours. Feints can make a bad player appear better than he is, just like how shields use to(though when they face a real shield user, they get schooled :P). But when you have dedicated hundreds of hours to footwork, feints just become another tool in the shed. Only great footwork coupled with feints, is a true threat to me. And that footwork takes a long time to get down. When I start losing duels to a bad player due to feints, maybe I will start complaining too. Until then, I am fine with how it works.

• @MUSASHI:

There are better players than you that complain about feint spam. Grow up child…it’s time to stop being a contrarian idiot.

How can you make claims against my skill when you haven’t the slightest idea of where it lies?

Please refrain from speaking to me until your duel ratio rises above a 10:1 ratio with 600+ duels played. Thanks, and keep practicing!

• @ChuckingIt:

@Bloodhead:

I’m sorry, no.

I play Knight. And a zweih can two shot me as well. I am not even going to argue, because its going to be my experience vs yours. Feints can make a bad player appear better than he is, just like how shields use to(though when they face a real shield user, they get schooled :P). But when you have dedicated hundreds of hours to footwork, feints just become another tool in the shed. Only great footwork coupled with feints, is a true threat to me. And that footwork takes a long time to get down. When I start losing duels to a bad player due to feints, maybe I will start complaining too. Until then, I am fine with how it works.

Very effective dodge of EVERYTHING I said. You seem to be suggesting that I have a problem with all feints, which I don’t. I only have a problem with the fact that you can use them up to 5 times in a row.

• @Bloodhead:

Very effective dodge of EVERYTHING I said. You seem to be suggesting that I have a problem with all feints, which I don’t. I only have a problem with the fact that you can use them up to 5 times in a row.

Let me be direct. I am fine with that fact.

• @JHoersten2:

@MUSASHI:

There are better players than you that complain about feint spam. Grow up child…it’s time to stop being a contrarian idiot.

How can you make claims against my skill when you haven’t the slightest idea of where it lies?

Please refrain from speaking to me until your duel ratio rises above a 10:1 ratio with 600+ duels played. Thanks, and keep practicing!

fight, fight, fight !

• Baddie ragecry thread. I’ve been to a duel server with a lot of good players today, and guess what? I maybe got tricked by a fent twice, out of 20 times they tired to faint me. L2P.

• @Avallac:

Baddie ragecry thread. I’ve been to a duel server with a lot of good players today, and guess what? I maybe got tricked by a fent twice, out of 20 times they tired to faint me. L2P.

Did you read the post? Feints are fine. Feint SPAM is not. I hope you understand the difference.

• @ChuckingIt:

@gregcau:

@KingOfPolarBears:

Well, i’d like to be more aggressive but ever since the patch it seems like 75% of the weapons in this game can one-hit kill the MaA :s (this is an estimation of course, don’t take this percentage too serious)

• Also guys, you’re not the best player because you’re good in duels, jsut like you’re not the best player when you own in team based game modes. It really depends.

I almost exclusively play the Team based game modes, so 80% of the time i can’t afford paying close attention to his feints nor his stamina drian and so on because there are 2-3 other guys swinging away at me and 2 archers shooting my sexy ass. I do agree with you, ChuckingIt, if we are talking about duels or a 1v1 situation…but not when we talk about big group battles.

aLso, Jhoersten2, try not to get in another heated discussion and ruin the thread, please? (it’s a genuine beg-thingy you’re getting here)

• You know how to counter a feint?

Attack. Simple, isn’t it?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.