Ranked servers or watch this game die

• Its not fun for noobies.

You watch those low levels join duel servers, join TO games and they get slaughtered and rage quit.

Sure there are a few that will preserve and see it as being a challenge to get better.

But I know the forum readers are already high level, and like slaughtering low levels.

I know the devs don’t really understand the importance of building up their new players.

Don’t they realize its more fun to play with equally unskilled people???

So either you create a couple of low rank servers or this is the end.

StJLvbPIvTw

• Global Moderator

The public already has.

I saw a server titled rank 20 or below. I joined as rank 32 and was kicked in about 3 minutes.

• Thank god the mods didn’t ban you for spamming the same message in 5+ threads, necro’ing months old ones through threadsearching. If that had happened I wouldn’t have been able to see this impeccable thread.

• IMO it’s not even worth your time to try. Allegedly devs are constantly working on updates and patches. But everything is just a waaaay too slow. Overall it feels like nothing is done.

They can’t even make normal server browser. It would probably take them another half year to implement a working ranked server option.

• @lemonater47:

The public already has.

I saw a server titled rank 20 or below. I joined as rank 32 and was kicked in about 3 minutes.

You would probably got kicked even if you were rank 3. ;)

• Global Moderator

@Peacerer:

@lemonater47:

The public already has.

You would probably got kicked even if you were rank 3. ;)

Yeah. Once a noob finds the votekick button he has to use it just once. Though they usually don’t know how to use it and end up starting a votekick against themselves which is hilarious. And they usually don’t realise as they are still looking at the scoreboard trying to figure it out.

• The best way to learn is by playing against people better than you.

• @Jonystrom:

The best way to learn is by playing against people better than you.

True - however if players are just leaving their spawn only to get instantly ganked by 4 enemies with archer support further back, they are not learning anything but just getting slaughtered.

This issue is not only about the rank system on the servers, but the willingness of higher level players to join the weaker team, when they can see it’s turning into a slaughter. I can’t imagine anyone finds a one-sided TO match fun which only lasts 5-10 minutes total because it’s a steamroll.

I have way too often been in games where one team had 50% players below rank 10 and the other team only had 25+. Whenever I see this, I always join the weaker team to be a good sport and hope a few more will follow, but I have yet to see it. I don’t know why, but I have a feeling people are too happy with their (unfairly good) k/d ratio and find this more important than giving new players a good experience.

• Global Moderator

That’s how I learn.

I see someone doing something that kills me all the time.

I try and figure out what he’s doing.

I usually find out before the end of the round.

• @Peacerer:

IMO it’s not even worth your time to try. Allegedly devs are constantly working on updates and patches. But everything is just a waaaay too slow. Overall it feels like nothing is done.

They can’t even make normal server browser. It would probably take them another half year to implement a working ranked server option.

No, we are working on it. Really. We are. really. I promise you, we’re working on it.

thanks for the cash, sucker.

• Hopefully the new “Commune” steam group will help the noobs learn more about the game.

• @lemonater47:

That’s how I learn.

I see someone doing something that kills me all the time.

I try and figure out what he’s doing.

I usually find out before the end of the round.

True 4 months ago but its hard to learn when someone stabs through your shield, or does a devastatingly fast lookdown overhead, or a glitched alt attack which appears to hit you through your parry. The rank 40+ do that all the time - nothing can be learnt there and its not fun.

• What? You didn’t find the mostly spell-checked manual PDF and not-glitched-at-all tutorial helpful?

Yes there should be official ranked servers.
    Oh noes, they be gating the communitiesssss! :o

• There’s already the option to add a minimum or maximum rank to a server.

• @SlyGoat:

There’s already the option to add a minimum or maximum rank to a server.

Yeah but thats no use to noobies that want to unlock their weapons - it would need to be on an Official Server

• @gregcau:

@SlyGoat:

Yeah but thats no use to noobies that want to unlock their weapons - it would need to be on an Official Server

@BillDoor:

Yes there should be official ranked servers.

@The:

It sounds so silly, yet here we are.

• @elitenoob:

I know the devs don’t really understand the importance of building up their new players.

I also think this way.

• @SlyGoat:

I just tried filtering a server that only allows ranks between 0-10. I checked the box and everything. Yeah it doesn’t work, it brought me a bunch of servers with 30+ ranks.

Even if it did work, it’s still a poor way of addressing the problem. TB needs to work on this if it wants to introduce new players to the game. I can’t stress how close I was to uninstalling the game during my first few hours. Why? Because it simply was no fun.