Invasion of rank 36

• Hello, I want to talk about a very common problem since the last update.

I have a team and I play almost 100% on our servers, so I do not know if this happens elsewhere.

Every day, I see people spend rank 11 to 36, 9 to 36, 20 to 36 etc. ….

In my team, it happened to 4 people! New arrival on the game, they barely 50h and they rank 36 … while it takes between 200-300 hours …

Here’s a random screen, just where there are 12!

I could take a screen at any point in the game when the server is full, there will always be many rank 36. Every day people ask in the chat why this happens?

I hope this are not because of a bad configuration of .ini file (attachment)

thank you in advance to those who could explain this phenomenon.

• I think it’s your server, every time i play on it i get a weird rank like every other people (last time it was 14 and before it was 2)

Salut gode froid !

• I can confirm. My friend also got rank 36 suddenly while being like 10-20. I believe it is a serious bug.

• @Karam:

I think it’s your server, every time i play on it i get a weird rank like every other people (last time it was 14 and before it was 2)

Salut gode froid !

Salut :D

When the server was 42 slots, there was often a bug everyone came to rank 0,1,2 etc … But it was not definitive, some kills enough to return to normal.

But for the bug rank 36 people definitely keep this rank! In my team some even passed rank 37 so it is as if they had this rank normally.

So, the rank limit on some servers are useless!

• I can confirm this is a serious rank bug. I was rank 26 and I instantly rank up to 35 (and level-up to rank 36 in the next minute), 4 days ago. I’v been playing on officials servers since and the new rank 36 stick. So it’s not a server problem because from that time all servers show me with rank 36. I know how hard it is to rank up so high in Chivalry and I really want a total rank reset if the problem persist and there is no way to get back to my initial earned rank. I am also sure there are many people in my situation because I see a lot of players with rank 36 now.

Found another report on steam forums :
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … 4047996375

• This bug has already been reported many weeks ago but unfortunately none of the responsibles were interested or they didn’t know a solution for this and still don’t seem to know one.
    I also got ranked up to 34 up from 24 and the option to reset this would make me very happy :D

• In UDKStat.ini file, which is located in C: \ Users \ <user>\ Documents \ My Games \ Chivalry Medieval Warfare \ UDKGame \ Config

We can find the line : bResetStats=False

If we change false to true, maybe we can reset his rank?

I have not wanted to try because I had my rank 40 normally without bug :D</user>

• @coconuts51:

In UDKStat.ini file, which is located in C: \ Users \ <user>\ Documents \ My Games \ Chivalry Medieval Warfare \ UDKGame \ Config

We can find the line : bResetStats=False

If we change false to true, maybe we can reset his rank?

I have not wanted to try because I had my rank 40 normally without bug :D</user>

Unfortunately it doesn’t work :( , I think they are hard-coded or another command is responsible for reset. Sadly to see that nobody from the team is interested in this major bug, not even an acknowledgement of this problem.

• It’s a shame, it removes all the principle of ranking system. Before, when we came across a level 36, you could say we played against a person who plays well, now it’s over, the rank do not serve anything.

• I am sure we’re all suffering from a form of mass delusion. :)

2 screenshots taken today :
    [image:1jmrxcis]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3247296/2013-04-25_EDIT.jpg[/image:1jmrxcis]
    [image:1jmrxcis]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3247296/2013-04-25_EDIT2.jpg[/image:1jmrxcis]

• It continues, now it is the invasion of level 38

Half of the players! One might think that we are on a very skill server, but no.

Is it me or it goes unnoticed? It’s still quite a bug, many players want to reboot the stats because of that, and can not be filtered according to the player’s rank on our duel server, is a hassle.

• I had thought something was off about the ranks…

I remember thinking “Wow, there sure are a lot of rank 35+ players these days, not going to be able to get many easy kills any more”, then after a few games “Why are all of these rank 35+ players so bad? They’re TKing and failing parries and whiffing shots all over the place.”

Come to think of it, I’m only rank 39. I’d better hurry up and get to 40 before my rank becomes indistinguishable from those who don’t spend way too much time playing this game.

Edit: Come to think of it again, I vaguely remember thinking “wait, didn’t I already reach rank 37?” some time ago… is it possible that my rank got reset to 36 as well and I just didn’t care enough to notice?

• And here I am 220 hours and still sitting on Rank 33 :(

At-least skill isn’t defined as a number :D

• I’m 260ish hours and rank 38, all hard earned. A few people I know have had the rank bug, one guy I know bought the game on a second account to start fresh with his stats. Worked all the way up to level 24, saw him last night and he’s level 38. Asked him wtf? He said that he joined some LTS server and his rank shot up to 38 from a few kills.

No idea what causes this :?

• I’m past 330 steam hours and only hit Rank 39 a few days ago…

Yeah, I think it’s safe to say I got reset at some point. No wonder it felt like it was taking forever to reach 40, and why I had a vague feeling of deja vu every time I ranked up in the last few weeks.

• @Dibbz:

I’m past 330 steam hours and only hit Rank 39 a few days ago…

No, it is normal for you! This is the other rising too fast!

To give you an idea of ??the true progression: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12240

I know one who is level 39 and is below 100 hours is anything :D

• I’m still sure I’ve reached rank 37 & 38 twice. Wasn’t set back by much, but if my rank wasn’t glitched then I’m officially bonkers.

Although I wouldn’t be too surprised if I actually was just bonkers.

• This post is deleted!

• Are you became definitely rank 40? Are you still rank 40 even after several parties and other servers?

• This happened to me. I was just playing a game. On the map where you are supposed to pillage the village. (Can’t remember the name of the map atm) And I killed an archer and whent from rank 5 to rank 28! I have absolutely no clue to what happened.
    As you can see in the picture below.
    [image:2lp3lxy3]http://gyazo.com/4366efb49511099afb0c4120d3222d76.png[/image:2lp3lxy3]