DESIGN YOUR OWN BLADE

• Awww, yeaaahhh. Ultimate swag for the diehard chivalry player. Every time you unlock all weapons for one type of warrior you get to design a special weapon for it. Make a sword that’s even more huge than the zweihander or one that’s even smaller than JB’s penis. I’d really like to see a weapon design option in the game. In which you can desing weapons in the same way you would design for instance characters in the sims 2 or 3.
    And if that’s not possible I wanna change the look of the armor for my warriors, just the helmet is not enough let us change the chest plates and what not as well, that would be epicly awesome.

• more cosmetic features are coming, but designing your own sword can be hard to implement because of the balance. If one could make a huge sword, it should still somehow be balanced enough.

• Nah, not designing your own weapons, that would be weird. Either it will break immersion if someone make some taller-than-a-man fantasy-esque sword, because they didn’t exist in medieval warfare, or it will be really unbalanced because the stats need to be altered accordingly. So a sword much bigger than a zweihänder would also be much slower, no one would miss a block for one of those in that case.

When it comes to visual customization for your character, I’m all for it. Everyone wants it and I am pretty sure Torn Banner are adding that in one way or another in the future. For my take on it, check the thread linked in my signature.

• would be alright if you couldnt change the sword lenght etc, only the design and looks of it

im totally up for a flaming sword of war…

• Only changing the look of your blade, cross guard design and pummel is fine too.

I want to make templar swords

• I don’t really like changing models of weapons, either. I mean, right now we can see someone is coming at you with a zweihänder or a norse sword and we all know the range, speed, damage and recovery time for those weapons. Then someone redesigns the norse sword so it looks nothing like it, and you won’t know if it will be fast or slow, weak or powerful, etc.

I think changing skins for existing weapons could be a thing. Like getting some ornaments on the hilt, maybe get some inscriptions on the blade. At least for weapons like swords. When it comes to a helberd, you could maybe have a few model variations of the head, as long as it don’t turn out too different. And the zweihänder could get a straight blade rather than a flame blade, which was more common.

• @SavageBeatings:

I don’t really like changing models of weapons, either. I mean, right now we can see someone is coming at you with a zweihänder or a norse sword and we all know the range, speed, damage and recovery time for those weapons. Then someone redesigns the norse sword so it looks nothing like it, and you won’t know if it will be fast or slow, weak or powerful, etc.

I think changing skins for existing weapons could be a thing. Like getting some ornaments on the hilt, maybe get some inscriptions on the blade. At least for weapons like swords. When it comes to a helberd, you could maybe have a few model variations of the head, as long as it don’t turn out too different. And the zweihänder could get a straight blade rather than a flame blade, which was more common.

And Vanguard’s standard longsword gets a wheel pummel with templar’s mark on it

• This would be pretty cool. But you would have to limit it very much. I think textures and modifications to the hilt is okay. You could connect it to Steam workshop.

• @CRUSHED:

would be alright if you couldnt change the sword lenght etc, only the design and looks of it

Agreed. Would be cool if you could change the type of blade, guard and handle without affecting the stats of the weapon.

• @Matti:

@CRUSHED:

would be alright if you couldnt change the sword lenght etc, only the design and looks of it

Agreed. Would be cool if you could change the type of blade, guard and handle without affecting the stats of the weapon.

So would this just show locally?

Or would you join a game and everyone would start downloading your texture on the fly.

• @gregcau:

@Matti:

@CRUSHED:

So would this just show locally?

Or would you join a game and everyone would start downloading your texture on the fly.

It would be in database of the game like character customization.

Purely cosmetic, no stats change

And each weapon have their own limitation of cosmetic customization like you can’t make your Greatsword look like sword of war nor can you change the appearance of the broad sword and make it look like norse sword.

It require alot of manpower to make these but, if Tornbanner does. Chivalry would feels more refreshing and varied

• the type of blade, guard and handle without affecting the stats of the

wow gold||Guild wars 2 gold|Diablo 3 Gold

• Well I would like my mini-version of the bustier sword!

• i want my sword of war with ice fire on it

MAKE IT HAPPEN TB

• I’m not too sure a about this, but I like the idea of different patterns and colours being customisable for shields.

• @SavageBeatings:

I don’t really like changing models of weapons, either. I mean, right now we can see someone is coming at you with a zweihänder or a norse sword and we all know the range, speed, damage and recovery time for those weapons. Then someone redesigns the norse sword so it looks nothing like it, and you won’t know if it will be fast or slow, weak or powerful, etc.

This.