Flail/buckler rant

• Has something happened to the server/weapons/anything recently because i used to be pretty good with flail/buckler but for the past 2 weeks i can’t do shit with them…. I know that right now they suck but i was at least having fun with them and now and cant seem to block ANY-F*UCKING-THING!!! And the combo just wont chain up (nu pun here). I’m getting really frustrated any time i play cause i get owned by almost anyone on any server… :x :x :x

Anyone else is having the worst Chivalry period right now?

• Combos were tweaked in last patch. Stab now breaks combos, maybe you’re using those?

• Wait, what? Stabs break combos? I’m doing overhead-stab-overhead combos all the time.

• really? wow, now they went from shitty to pile of ?$%?%$?#%#$?$&?%&%?&$%" shitty!

Thx for info, i was actually using the stab in my combo…

Still, they make a cool weapon, but as ive said before it so subpar to anything else that it’s just not fun anymore…and right now everytime i loggon to chivalry im like OK this time i’ll do good and then my soul gets crushed along with my head :(

• @phyltybo:

really? wow, now they went from shitty to pile of ?$%?%$?#%#$?$&?%&%?&$%" shitty!

Still, they make a cool weapon, but as ive said before it so subpar to anything else that it’s just not fun anymore…and right now everytime i loggon to chivalry im like OK this time i’ll do good and then my soul gets crushed along with my head :(

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=11496

You can still combo off the stab. There’s a huge glitch with it that will often break your combo. It’s related to Team Objective and certain maps (Hillside being the worst).

Blocking is still the same, TB just needs to speed up the fixes a bit. It’s been a couple months now with some very very broken mechanics (looking at you, alt swing feint bug). Also, I want buckler strike to get a tracer like the fists do. It would make a world of improvement.

• @Gauntlet:

@phyltybo:

really? wow, now they went from shitty to pile of ?$%?%$?#%#$?$&?%&%?&$%" shitty!

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=11496

You can still combo off the stab. There’s a huge glitch with it that will often break your combo. It’s related to Team Objective and certain maps (Hillside being the worst).

Blocking is still the same, TB just needs to speed up the fixes a bit. It’s been a couple months now with some very very broken mechanics (looking at you, alt swing feint bug). Also, I want buckler strike to get a tracer like the fists do. It would make a world of improvement.

Thank you Gauntlet for the link, i thought that i was becoming crazy thinking that i was seeing bugs when there were none. After a few disastrous games this morning i was raging like a 10 years old boy… I managed to pissoff the wife too lol :D 'IT’S ONLY A F*CKING GAME, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BANG YOUR FIST ON THE GODDAMN DESK!!! :x (canadian french translation, add a few tabarnak and esti in there)

Is the buckler the problem? I mean is that happening only with light flail or both, do you know?

Funny, we were both flailing at each other this morning in a Capture the flag in Ruins.

Let’s hope they fix that when TB releases some sort of CU to add more damage and/or speed and/or range to our ball and chain.

• @phyltybo:

'IT’S ONLY A F*CKING GAME, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BANG YOUR FIST ON THE GODDAMN DESK!!!

You do that too?! I thought I was alone about the extreme rage and physical violence this game induces to me! My desk is a very sad desk thanks to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

• @phyltybo:

Thank you Gauntlet for the link, i thought that i was becoming crazy thinking that i was seeing bugs when there were none. After a few disastrous games this morning i was raging like a 10 years old boy… I managed to pissoff the wife too lol :D 'IT’S ONLY A F*CKING GAME, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BANG YOUR FIST ON THE GODDAMN DESK!!! :x (canadian french translation, add a few tabarnak and esti in there)

Is the buckler the problem? I mean is that happening only with light flail or both, do you know?

Funny, we were both flailing at each other this morning in a Capture the flag in Ruins.

Let’s hope they fix that when TB releases some sort of CU to add more damage and/or speed and/or range to our ball and chain.

It’s a problem with weapons that don’t draw tracers when striking (buckler and fists do not draw tracers, they use some other system of hit detection). So buckler on light/heavy flail, and buckler on javelin, all that have the buckler stab attack are effected by this. It’s extremely annoying, will get you killed many times if you like to use it a lot.

In my opinion, and this is something that is overlooked a lot about the flail, the flail is the greatest offensive weapon in the game. The reason why? That buckler stab attack comes in fast enough to flinch your target in wind up with most weapons, and allows you to combo a strike off of it all while dealing a significant amount of damage that cannot be ignored. It’s also fairly hard to parry when you circle around your target. It is an attack that can force yourself out of a defensive position into that of the attacker, and if your target is preparing to parry your next strike you feint and keep going. You control the battle with the flail.

So when you try to stab with this attack, and the stab doesn’t reach out all the way and you can’t combo, that is the huge problem with the flail. It isn’t the damage, speed or range, it’s the fact that one of three attack buttons can outright FAIL with 100% constancy if you are within the objective area (or the entirety of the first part of hillside).

The above applies only to duels, the flail can be extremely weak against two offensive enemies due to high wind up times and short reach.

• Global Moderator

Blocking with the buckler is easy when you get used to it. You really have to turn into it though.

Getting in the wrong side of a flail is bad though.

And stabs only break flail combos not all combos.

• Something happened allright. hackers are on every damn server.

• @lemonater47:

Blocking with the buckler is easy when you get used to it. You really have to turn into it though.

Getting in the wrong side of a flail is bad though.

And stabs only break flail combos not all combos.

You can still combo with the stab on the flail. Try it :)

• lol, nothing has changed since the last patch. So anything you are experiencing now is just the bugs/glitches/exploits that HAVE existed since the last patch, which was like over a month ago now… not sure the exact date anymore.

The hackers are apparently due to the ban-server or wherever they hosted that list going down (someone spilled beer on it, lol jk but who knows how it went down).

If you are experiencing anything different, i mean we all have our good and bad days and whatnot so… who knows. Sometimes with certain players ur gonna get away with more stuff, sometimes you aren’t. Some have more skill, some have less… the bugs and glitches happen… hang tight bro! The love is coming!

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.