Something for people to work for

• So I’ve put alot of thought into this subject. People need something to work for…

As of now we have 4 classes, and a pretty big weapon arsenal that you can unlock ( not yet in use ). So the game already has that, but in my opinion it needs even more to keep people driven to play the game, and gawk at players that put there time in with envy, so they too want to be that envied player, they will have to work for it, and weapons alone won’t do that…

Now I understand it is a competitive based game and even though i wish the knight class was an unlockable, I doubt that will happen so I came up with something else… I think unlockable skin’s and armor sets for each class would keep people playing for a long time ( that and the weapons is a great driving point )… I think the starting character skins should be dulled and boring while the unlocked knight for example is the current knight ( gleaming full set of plate armor ) while the first knight is just a rusted chainmail covered with a few dull plates a standard coat of arms and leather straps ( a not as rich knight )… Same for the other classes but in different ways, perhaps the archer starts off as the current archer ( just a boring foot soldier archer look ) updated to a hood wearing archer with a good gambeson. Now of course these would all be asthetic and wouldn’t effect the armor rating at all, but it would still drive the people to play with each class and work hard to unlock these higher tier skins… Now obviously the more skins you can unlock the better, but i’d imagine it is hard enough with this high detail character modeling to even have 2 skins for each character let alone what alot of people are asking for which is full customization. So this is just a wish list, a way to keep a good variety on the battlefield, a drive in us to fight for a cause ( sick armor ), and an easier way to satisfy peoples customization needs. :D

cya

EDIT
    Oh, and even though it seems like everything I say about the game is negative, I swear its because I want this game to succeed so bad, i’ve never " backed " a game before in my life, and i’m doing the same to all my friends, and even the ones who don’t like slashers that much… I have huge hopes for it and I just want it to be at it’s full potential! :o

• Developer

Very cool idea, but it would break the backs of our team at the moment. We don’t have a large enough team to pursue large scale customization. However a little known fact is that when you unlock all of the weapons with a class, you will get a veteran helmet to display your aweseomeness. We will likely continue to add some things to unlock like this for the future!

• Whoa, good to know about the veteran helmet. I’m glad that helmet customization screen will be for more than the prestige helmets on release.

I can’t wait to see what you guys cook up for customization options after all of the pre-launch and post-launch chaos dies down, and you get sick of all the partying you’ll be doing when your game is among the top most played on steam.

• Yea, I know you and the team have alot on your plate as it is.

• Customization should just be limited to visuals : no unlockable sword of death.

I’m glad that, unlike another shitty medieval game (WotR) , the devs went for a balanced weapon system with no build superior to another and no unlockbale unfair advantage.

This game is skill based, not gold farming based.

I’m all for visual customization (emblem, helmet, armor look), but only visual.

• Yes, visual is great and to be welcomed, but weapon or armour buffs not so much. It’d be great to see a whole team that looked ever-so-slightly different to each other. Very unique, although they’d still have to be clearly and concisely shown to be red or blue. Even at the moment that is hard to tell at times.

• @The:

Even at the moment that is hard to tell at times.

+1

• " Yes, visual is great and to be welcomed, but weapon or armour buffs not so much. "

Haha, I do believe I said something along the lines of " Now of course these would all be asthetic and wouldn’t effect the armor rating at all " :)

• Would also enjoy additional aesthetics :)