Cannot play LTS anymore because of votekick

• OK I’ll try my best to write this in english since this is not my native language.

I live in Quebec so I play on east coast server and since there is no one playing Last team standing anymore only 1 server get populated in the afternoon and always the same people are on it.

I have supported this game on kickstarter, payed 50 bucks for it, played the beta for 100 hours and I have 430 hours into the game and I still have a lot of fun “”"“BUT”""

This one OFFICIAL last team standing, this only one lts server with people on it on east coast with always the same people on it are the wost trollvotekicker ever to be seen and as soon as they see me they kick me. If I change my name they recognize me because I have a very particular playstyle with halberd.

So I tried to make peace with these guys, see I’m 30 old I’ve just bought a house and I leave peacefully with my girlfriend and I work hard every day so when I come back from work at like 6-7 hours pm I Just want to sit down and relax and mutilate some pixel on my screen.

These guys come into the OFFICIAL last team standing server and they just fuck around force people to wait until the round is finished, they tk at spawn like hell, hide in the geometry etc etc etc…

To name a few :
    Jonks
    HR raroo
    Massikaroz
    Sir Vincent

To name these people may sound childish but they really ruin my gaming experience and the experience of a lot of other people too.

If one of your guys get to read this thread, I’m asking you to stop trolling on official server, god there is a lot of other private server where you can do this ! Why choose a official server ?

I thank you for your time, have a good day.

Cygnus

• I live in the east coast and also play on our only populated LTS server, and yea, all of the regulars know each other, and a lot of the regulars hate each other. There is a group of relatively high rank players (massi 45, jonks 39, Derpador 43) and their little henchmen who often troll/lock up that server. They will stand around without fighting (after killing those not in their group) to draw out the round, making others sit in spec. They have a large enough group (coordinated via skype) that they can mostly keep themselves from being votekicked, or make sure a votekick goes through.

I saw cygnus have votes initiated against him for absolutely no reason. I’ve several times seem them locking up or trolling the only LTS server in our region causing a mass exodus.

Oh, i’m sorry there WAS a reason. Cygnus was playing the game and killing them while they were being obstructionists, running around doing absolutely nothing.

And it is hilarious but true that cygnus cant go incognito by changing his name, no one has that playstyle lol.

• Cygnus, you realize there is a reason that everyone always wants to kick you… every game you play you constantly harass and abuse other players, whine about the game, and act like a complete elitist. You can behave however you want, but don’t be surprised when the entire server wants to kick you for it.

• @venom2:

Cygnus, you realize there is a reason that everyone always wants to kick you… every game you play you constantly harass and abuse other players, whine about the game, and act like a complete elitist. You can behave however you want, but don’t be surprised when the entire server wants to kick you for it.

He is probably too modest to frame what happens to him in this way but

Cygnus is a great example of someone who is kicked for being too good. I’ve seen the situation happen to him. Someone will complain about his style, call him a feint spammer or an overhead abuser. Someone else will agree because cyg is crushing them. (and they dont exactly complain in a nice way.)

Cyg responds, suddenly he is the bad guy, kick the annoying exploiter.

Dont be surprised when the server wants to abuse the votekick mechanic because they dont like someone killing them?

Votekick is a terrible mechanic. Afks need to be autokicked if they dont go into spec. You can mute players manually rather than votekick them. If someone is team hitting, they should just be autokicked according to some kind of formula that avoids all the obvious issues (logging in and missing your first hit or two, giving you 100% TD, then being kicked or something.)

Dont need to give people the authority to remove whoever they want from the server.

I’ve also noticed a lot in this community the words ‘elitist’ and ‘tryhard’. I had never heard those used in a video game before. Isn’t being better at playing the game a good thing venom?

• Is there an exact offical server you’re referring to number-wise? If so, I’d like to have it.

JCash, while votekicking has its flaws like groups of people abusing it, it’s a very small price to pay for a game that would otherwise be virtually unplayable without it. Go to some of the few servers that have votekicking disable and you’ll immediately understand. Teamkillers and speedhackers will run rampant because all it takes is one to effect the game substantially.

• @JCash:

@venom2:

Cygnus, you realize there is a reason that everyone always wants to kick you… every game you play you constantly harass and abuse other players, whine about the game, and act like a complete elitist. You can behave however you want, but don’t be surprised when the entire server wants to kick you for it.

He is probably too modest to frame what happens to him in this way but

Cygnus is a great example of someone who is kicked for being too good. I’ve seen the situation happen to him. Someone will complain about his style, call him a feint spammer or an overhead abuser. Someone else will agree because cyg is crushing them. (and they dont exactly complain in a nice way.)

Cyg responds, suddenly he is the bad guy, kick the annoying exploiter.

Dont be surprised when the server wants to abuse the votekick mechanic because they dont like someone killing them?

Votekick is a terrible mechanic. Afks need to be autokicked if they dont go into spec. You can mute players manually rather than votekick them. If someone is team hitting, they should just be autokicked according to some kind of formula that avoids all the obvious issues (logging in and missing your first hit or two, giving you 100% TD, then being kicked or something.)

Dont need to give people the authority to remove whoever they want from the server.

I’ve also noticed a lot in this community the words ‘elitist’ and ‘tryhard’. I had never heard those used in a video game before. Isn’t being better at playing the game a good thing venom?

I actually can’t tell if you are trolling or not. Have you ever actually played with cygnus? Every time I see him in a server(and I see him quite often, I play mostly lts), he rages every time he dies, harasses other players without provocation, and in general acts like a giant douche. I don’t care how good at the game he is (and he isn’t that good really, it just seems like it because he spends all his time pub stomping), there is a reason he has been kicked out of every clan he has joined, just as there is a reason everyone wants to kick him in every server he has joined.

• @venom2:

It’s funny because I always thought that I was in some way an elitist. I only play halberd because I think it’s the best weapon, I only read books from famous authors, I only listen to a very restricted range of music. I don’t see it as an insult and I’m certainly the biggest try-hard of chivalry lol

Jcash I feel that you understand me and I thank you for it.
    I will try my best to ignore all the shit-talking on the server and if things get ugly I will just leave and play some other game.

Hell I used to had a full friend list of people asking me to play with them. I wish that would still be true.

Anyway, if anyone feel like playing or want to learn the secrets of the halberd, I’ll be there

Cygnus

• @cygnus:

@venom2:

It’s funny because I always thought that I was in some way an elitist. I only play halberd because I think it’s the best weapon, I only read books from famous authors, I only listen to a very restricted range of music. I don’t see it as an insult and I’m certainly the biggest try-hard of chivalry lol

Jcash I feel that you understand me and I thank you for it.
    I will try my best to ignore all the shit-talking on the server and if things get ugly I will just leave and play some other game.

Hell I used to had a full friend list of people asking me to play with them. I wish that would still be true.

Anyway, if anyone feel like playing or want to learn the secrets of the halberd, I’ll be there

Cygnus

It’s fine if you want to try as hard as you want, or to be as elite as you want, you could do all that in peace if you just respected the other people. I can guarantee the amount of votekicks against you would go down by like 90% if you just never used chat, you just spend too much time insulting everyone else in whatever server you are in.

• Let’s calm down with the personal stuff please guys, here at least. :P

If anyone’s abusing votekick etc and causing major problems for others, give one of us Mods a shout (Steam group in my sig). If we’re online we can come in and help, Official Servers only. We can cancel ongoing votekicks and sort out anyone who’s abusing it. Can’t be doing with people who use their time for the detriment of others, Official servers are for everyone to play, if they play nice.

• Cygnus, you should ditch the LTS were you have to wait for ages between kills due to people wasting your time and come join the eternal battle that is FFA.

FFA lets you just do what you want most, kill pixels. It is condensed into a continuous onslaught of weapons and free flowing blood. There is no waiting, there is only fighting. Also the Halberd can really shine in that sort of environment when the wielder has good skill.

FFA, no rules, just pure gameplay. You can even have ad-hoc team mates which is quite fun. It makes it really fun, when you don’t type to gain their trust. Only use voice commands to try and ‘team’ up…

• Just gonna leave this here, don’t mind me… DELETED

• rofl… I was almost on Cyg’s side when he first posted… I read the post about feint spamming and lost whatever support I had for him… This just confirms what the feint spam already told me.

• @Daiyuki:

Just gonna leave this here, don’t mind me… DELETED

That’s pretty damning stuff :(

Consistently running your mouth off just gives trolls more ammunition, stay out of chat and see if things start to calm down after a while. Even after you go quiet, expect to be kicked on sight by trolls for at least a week or two before they forget about you. If you can manage to stay quiet and just play the game, maybe they’ll even start to like you and pick on somebody else.

• @Daiyuki:

Fun read.
    It’s just my experience, but I think this is becoming increasingly common; clan member gets demolished by a particularly good lowly pubbie while on a relaxing pubstomp - explodes with rage in the chatbar. Obviously the majority don’t do that, but I find that it’s becoming a fairly typical experience in the EU official servers.

I’ve only seen a few successful votes to kick someone simply for being good - it’s almost always because they’re mouthing off in the chat as well. While votekicking is abused occasionally, and I would prefer a formula for kicks due to things like team damage or being AFK, I’m in favour of retaining the option to kick the guy raging in chat at someone for feinting, using overheads or playing as a [[i]insert class/setup here], which is clearly overpowered and only for scrubs.

• @BrothelBlade:

@Daiyuki:

That’s pretty damning stuff :(

Consistently running your mouth off just gives trolls more ammunition, stay out of chat and see if things start to calm down after a while. Even after you go quiet, expect to be kicked on sight by trolls for at least a week or two before they forget about you. If you can manage to stay quiet and just play the game, maybe they’ll even start to like you and pick on somebody else.

It was a bit worse than that, he started a votekick on a guy because the guy killed him as an archer… and he is here making a thread about people ruining HIS gaming experience by kicking him.

So not only are the votekicks against cygnus seemingly justified, he is the one behaving in the manner that he is complaining about.

• @Daiyuki:

Just gonna leave this here, don’t mind me…DELETED

Since you have so much time on your hands to keep logs of my sayings you must have time to meet me on the battlefield.

We will see if your 490 hours of playtime have taught you something.

Raid boss cygnus is awaiting. I am the best player of chivalry medieval warfare in the world.

Yes I rage, Yes, I taunt but in the end I am always at the top of the list. Alone, Victorious.
    DAIYUKI ! I CHALLENGE YOU !

• @cygnus:

@Daiyuki:

Since you have so much time on your hands to keep logs of my sayings you must have time to meet me on the battlefield.

We will see if your 490 hours of playtime have taught you something.

Raid boss cygnus is awaiting. I am the best player of chivalry medieval warfare in the world.

Yes I rage, Yes, I taunt but in the end I am always at the top of the list. Alone, Victorious.
    DAIYUKI ! I CHALLENGE YOU !

Is there a votekick option on the forums somewhere….

• Just inserting here in case anyone read that imgur. He is an ex member of Lg. Just clarifying. And also lets stop the posting pics to shame people.

• I agree with Cygnus on how intolerable the LTS server tends to become lately. Too many people not actually trying to kill each other, jumping up on unreachable areas, voting for the same map over and over (ruins_large_p, due to some MAA quarterstaff dodge/jump exploit), in general wasting people’s time. I’m in the same boat, I work 9-7pm and get home at 8 and jump on Chiv to chop off some heads and unwind. Usually theres 3-4 LTS matches going on the Official servers with 2/4 having good pings for east coasters. It’s a shame there isn’t an established no-nonsense LTS private server. Maybe when some custom content finally starts popping up people will start populating private servers rather than official ones. I’d say us LTS fans get together and put a group together to get a good private server going, get it nicely administrated and keep the tards out.

• @ATF_E1:

I agree with Cygnus on how intolerable the LTS server tends to become lately. Too many people not actually trying to kill each other, jumping up on unreachable areas, voting for the same map over and over (ruins_large_p, due to some MAA quarterstaff dodge/jump exploit), in general wasting people’s time. I’m in the same boat, I work 9-7pm and get home at 8 and jump on Chiv to chop off some heads and unwind. Usually theres 3-4 LTS matches going on the Official servers with 2/4 having good pings for east coasters. It’s a shame there isn’t an established no-nonsense LTS private server. Maybe when some custom content finally starts popping up people will start populating private servers rather than official ones. I’d say us LTS fans get together and put a group together to get a good private server going, get it nicely administrated and keep the tards out.

It is a common problem.

I think the root issue lies in the downtime for players while waiting for the others to die and the ego trip with being the person others wait for.

Ideas for those in downtime?