TBS needs to start communicating

• There are a group of people that rage against the devs every day on the forum, trolling posts but you can tell they still love the game, likely play every day and they just rage against the bugs.

I sympathize to a certain degree, of course we all want the bugs fixed, new maps, mod tools etc. And we want them as soon as possible.

TBS went quiet the last 10 days or so, no updates on how the Beta fixes are going. I assume it is because they added new bugs whilst fixing the existing ones. It is the price you pay when you get new developers into the team that are not familiar with the existing code base. Been there done that.

I am sure they are working hard, but they need to start pulling in long hours because the video game community is fickle and need a constant stream of fixes and content to keep them happy before they will move on to new games.

The community also needs communication, throw them a bone - maybe a QandA video on the answers they really want to hear instead of cherry picked questions (community wants more gore - oh please…). Any communication is better than none, even if Beta is going to be another week or two.

And do not release Beta directly into live without letting the clans test, if you add a new bug that affects the game significantly I can only imagine the rage. The game is still pretty good in live but taking a step back would be devastating.

What happened to the newsletter? Throw some info on the mod tools as I suggested, distract these kids with something shiny. Create a TBS sponsored competition, it doesnt take much to get their attention.

PS did I mention my feint change idea was the best haha.

• Exactly, even if problems arise, it’s better to tell us the issue and just say it’s gonna’ be delayed for a week or two, it’s better for us to see something ugly but truthful, than not see anything at all.

10/10 Gregcau

• 10 days without an update doesn’t seem very long, but in a game this buggy, when the devs patch in new exploits, there really isnt much trust that can be logically extended their way.

In the beta people were saying ‘its just beta’ even though the game was a week from release, to excuse the bugs. For the months after release people said ‘it was just released.’

and now, there are no excuses left, just sadness and a deserted server pool.

• I agree, they should use Twitter to provide daily updates, even better than the forum.

• +1

• As I said in another thread, the team is currently moving to Canada and getting the studio setup. You all know how moving is, but moving to a different country takes a wee bit longer. That is why things have been so quiet. Once everyone is setup and situated, things will be moving more smoothly and more quickly. So be patient on this part, because we WANT the studio up and running and get things out to you a lot faster!

Now that I’m on board, I’ll be handling more of the communication aspect of things, but it’s still a work in progress and I’d still have to get access to stuff, etc. But I have a lot of ideas and suggestions and a lot of fun and new things will be coming your way in time.

I’m trying to see when we can get the patch released.

As far as the newsletter is concerned, I am still waiting on things from people, so that I can get this released. My interview with Sir Loin is completed, just needs to be edited down. While I was hoping to get it released already, things happened in which it got delayed. But again, as long as nothing else happens and people get their things in to me soon, I will have it out by the end of the month.

• And do not release Beta directly into live without letting the clans test

Agreed that adding new bugs is meh, but I don’t think any patches should be based only around clans. Every player should have viable input, not only clan based ones. :P

Betas are now open so anyone can join in and give it a test!

• @BobT36:

And do not release Beta directly into live without letting the clans test

Agreed that adding new bugs is meh, but I don’t think any patches should be based only around clans. Every player should have viable input, not only clan based ones. :P

Except Beta servers are empty and they already said they have a new version which is not in Beta.

• @elitenoob:

@BobT36:

And do not release Beta directly into live without letting the clans test

Except Beta servers are empty and they already said they have a new version which is not in Beta.

Not their fault if people aren’t playing the beta.

Also it’s normal to work on new fixes and changes internally while the previous build is being tested. They may just push the beta build to live, and the internal fixes will come in the patch after. Or they may make a new beta build from the internal one, tis up to them how they do it. If they just released the internal one straight to live without beta’ing it first though then yes of course the grump would be valid.

• TBS become serious, the old days are gone, they have community managers now….despair.
    [image:j7dzc444]http://img8.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/art-пикачу-нуар-безысходность-539498.jpeg[/image:j7dzc444]

• @Kimiko:

So be patient on this part, because we WANT the studio up and running and get things out to you a lot faster!

We have heard this since what Christmas?

Maybe, just maybe they should have stayed put and put out fixes instead of getting a studio.

Oh wait, now I get it. Its not about this game or fixes, its about getting a team together for a new game.

Never mind, it is all so clear now.

• sly put an update onto the RC1 thread 5 days ago… like the 16th or 17th. If they spend all their time responding to posts… how would they get any work done? Do you realize how many things get said on here that are completely moronic, not well thought out, and just overall childish? Why do they want to respond to crap like that? I think they really would have to sort through the crap to find the gold… and not even the gold… the DIAMONDS… and just as in real life… the diamonds are rare and scarce…

do you think you are the only one complaining? Have you seen all the threads for just crap? Who wants to respond to that? I sure as hell wouldn’t

• @clayton-bigsby:

sly put an update onto the RC1 thread 5 days ago… like the 16th or 17th. If they spend all their time responding to posts… how would they get any work done?

It takes 2 minutes to provide an update, that is 0.08% of his work week. I dont think that will affect the work.

But ok lets look at that update

@SlyGoat:

@Menthalion:

Beta RC 1
    [BUG] Throwing weapons still can not be activated by Weapon 3 button on Knights equipped with two-handers

We actually had a fix to this that didn’t get merged into the build - we tested it out internally, though, and it works without breaking anything else, so we’re just going to push that into the live build when we update to 1.5 rather than rebuilding a new beta to test it.

hmm enough said

• Patch (2) coming Q1 2014, just hold on a bit!

• Game development studio or not, changing a few values shouldn’t take about six months. We have been waiting for a proper weapon balance for quite some time now. Don’t need a studio for that xP.

Oh well, hopefully they’ll do some big stuff when they eventually moved and settled at their studio. they’ve still got a lot of work to do!

Communicate more with players that have spend hundreds of hours into the game would be nice.

• Thats indie studio for you. I see this on several other indie games. 0 to a tiny amount of communication and updates

• I think that some issues in this game require a hotfix, none of this waiting for the next major update to provide a fix. Death due to bugs can be frustrating, which is why I think that small updates, maybe like 3-5 or 5-10 bug fixes every so often would do this game a wonder. I don’t think people hear would mind having to redownload cooked maps or other large updates which are over a gig. As long as the bug is fixed, then people will be happy I think, it also serves as a nice reminder to people to play this game and that its getting attention when they see a new update in their steam games library.

• Global Moderator

@wildwulfy:

Game development studio or not, changing a few values shouldn’t take about six months. We have been waiting for a proper weapon balance for quite some time now. Don’t need a studio for that xP.

Oh well, hopefully they’ll do some big stuff when they eventually moved and settled at their studio. they’ve still got a lot of work to do!

Communicate more with players that have spend hundreds of hours into the game would be nice.

The weapons are pretty much balanced.

If you notice almost every weapons gets called overpowered and underpowered at the same time. So that makes it more down with someone’s skill worth the weapon rather than actual balance issues. There isn’t much. Bucklers really.

• @Kimiko:

As I said in another thread, the team is currently moving to Canada and getting the studio setup. You all know how moving is, but moving to a different country takes a wee bit longer. That is why things have been so quiet. Once everyone is setup and situated, things will be moving more smoothly and more quickly. So be patient on this part, because we WANT the studio up and running and get things out to you a lot faster!

Now that I’m on board, I’ll be handling more of the communication aspect of things, but it’s still a work in progress and I’d still have to get access to stuff, etc. But I have a lot of ideas and suggestions and a lot of fun and new things will be coming your way in time.

I’m trying to see when we can get the patch released.

As far as the newsletter is concerned, I am still waiting on things from people, so that I can get this released. My interview with Sir Loin is completed, just needs to be edited down. While I was hoping to get it released already, things happened in which it got delayed. But again, as long as nothing else happens and people get their things in to me soon, I will have it out by the end of the month.

Yet even communicating that this is still an on-going process (I had no idea if they had completed their move or not) would be very welcome. Just letting us know how things are going, that’s all. I can entirely understand complications and time delays due to moving, but I can’t if nothing is communicated about it.

@lemonater47:

@wildwulfy:

Game development studio or not, changing a few values shouldn’t take about six months. We have been waiting for a proper weapon balance for quite some time now. Don’t need a studio for that xP.

The weapons are pretty much balanced.

If you notice almost every weapons gets called overpowered and underpowered at the same time. So that makes it more down with someone’s skill worth the weapon rather than actual balance issues. There isn’t much. Bucklers really.

Polearms up close. The hilt of them does damage when overheading. In combination with delays, not knowing which will come; it’s impossible to reliably defend against. Just their overheads up close are equivalent to feints. It’s very bad. Bardiche seems to be the worse on this.

Bearded axe, although this isn’t as bad as people make it out to be, is still too fast.

That’s probably the only weapon imbalances I see. Maybe the longsword should be buffed a bit, or sow nerfed; but they’re closer than people seem to think (longsword overhead drags are incredibly good).

• Global Moderator

When does any bloody development studio say exactly what they are doing?

What ever any company says its never enough for some gamers. The ones that feel entitled to such things which they aren’t.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.