TBS needs to start communicating

• Global Moderator

@wildwulfy:

Game development studio or not, changing a few values shouldn’t take about six months. We have been waiting for a proper weapon balance for quite some time now. Don’t need a studio for that xP.

Oh well, hopefully they’ll do some big stuff when they eventually moved and settled at their studio. they’ve still got a lot of work to do!

Communicate more with players that have spend hundreds of hours into the game would be nice.

The weapons are pretty much balanced.

If you notice almost every weapons gets called overpowered and underpowered at the same time. So that makes it more down with someone’s skill worth the weapon rather than actual balance issues. There isn’t much. Bucklers really.

• @Kimiko:

As I said in another thread, the team is currently moving to Canada and getting the studio setup. You all know how moving is, but moving to a different country takes a wee bit longer. That is why things have been so quiet. Once everyone is setup and situated, things will be moving more smoothly and more quickly. So be patient on this part, because we WANT the studio up and running and get things out to you a lot faster!

Now that I’m on board, I’ll be handling more of the communication aspect of things, but it’s still a work in progress and I’d still have to get access to stuff, etc. But I have a lot of ideas and suggestions and a lot of fun and new things will be coming your way in time.

I’m trying to see when we can get the patch released.

As far as the newsletter is concerned, I am still waiting on things from people, so that I can get this released. My interview with Sir Loin is completed, just needs to be edited down. While I was hoping to get it released already, things happened in which it got delayed. But again, as long as nothing else happens and people get their things in to me soon, I will have it out by the end of the month.

Yet even communicating that this is still an on-going process (I had no idea if they had completed their move or not) would be very welcome. Just letting us know how things are going, that’s all. I can entirely understand complications and time delays due to moving, but I can’t if nothing is communicated about it.

@lemonater47:

@wildwulfy:

Game development studio or not, changing a few values shouldn’t take about six months. We have been waiting for a proper weapon balance for quite some time now. Don’t need a studio for that xP.

Oh well, hopefully they’ll do some big stuff when they eventually moved and settled at their studio. they’ve still got a lot of work to do!

Communicate more with players that have spend hundreds of hours into the game would be nice.

The weapons are pretty much balanced.

If you notice almost every weapons gets called overpowered and underpowered at the same time. So that makes it more down with someone’s skill worth the weapon rather than actual balance issues. There isn’t much. Bucklers really.

Polearms up close. The hilt of them does damage when overheading. In combination with delays, not knowing which will come; it’s impossible to reliably defend against. Just their overheads up close are equivalent to feints. It’s very bad. Bardiche seems to be the worse on this.

Bearded axe, although this isn’t as bad as people make it out to be, is still too fast.

That’s probably the only weapon imbalances I see. Maybe the longsword should be buffed a bit, or sow nerfed; but they’re closer than people seem to think (longsword overhead drags are incredibly good).

• Global Moderator

When does any bloody development studio say exactly what they are doing?

What ever any company says its never enough for some gamers. The ones that feel entitled to such things which they aren’t.

• I was under the impression they had finished moving into their new office, seeing as it was mentioned quite a while ago, after the Citadel update if I’m not mistaken.

Guess I was wrong though.

• Meh, you want up to the minute updates from their crappers or something? Beta was updated like… last week, live game less than 30 days ago. Give them a f’ing break man. I’ve seen good progress in the current beta, parrying is much more accurate and responsive. That alone is great change whenever this beta is released. And the game was like $25 for some people, even $15 for others.

• I dislike when people mention “entitlement”. That is not at all what this is. We are not entitled to anything from the developers. This isn’t an MMO.

I would like to have it, and voice my opinion of such. I also do believe it’s in the developers best interests to do so. Communicating in any relationship is key, even in a business related one.

Honestly, I wish they had a sub fee with some cool perks or just cosmetic micro transactions. More money for them means faster updates for us. Symbiosis. I want the game to grow.

• Honestly, it’s not a requirement that we say anything really, but we’re going to be improving on that with more info, new things, etc, because we’d like to keep you guys informed on things. It’s also disheartening when people don’t understand and think this is a huge company with many employees. “Oh just hire someone to do this”, or “take 10 minutes out of your day for this”… I mean come on, let’s be realistic. If the game was just thrown out and you never heard from anyone again, then yes, I can understand. But they (we) are doing the best we can with the current resources we have. It’ll get better and faster in time, but for now, until things are settled down with the studio, it’s not going to be happening for awhile.

• @Kimiko:

Honestly, it’s not a requirement that we say anything really, but we’re going to be improving on that with more info, new things, etc, because we’d like to keep you guys informed on things. It’s also disheartening when people don’t understand and think this is a huge company with many employees. “Oh just hire someone to do this”, or “take 10 minutes out of your day for this”… I mean come on, let’s be realistic. If the game was just thrown out and you never heard from anyone again, then yes, I can understand. But they (we) are doing the best we can with the current resources we have. It’ll get better and faster in time, but for now, until things are settled down with the studio, it’s not going to be happening for awhile.

• @The:

I dislike when people mention “entitlement”. That is not at all what this is. We are not entitled to anything from the developers. This isn’t an MMO.

I would like to have it, and voice my opinion of such. I also do believe it’s in the developers best interests to do so. Communicating in any relationship is key, even in a business related one.

Honestly, I wish they had a sub fee with some cool perks or just cosmetic micro transactions. More money for them means faster updates for us. Symbiosis. I want the game to grow.

there should be a private section on the forums where people need to apply to/small fee to have opinons hahaha, get that shit started kimi

• @clayton-bigsby:

there should be a private section on the forums where people need to apply to/small fee to have opinons hahaha, get that shit started kimi

I would pay just to get rid of speedhackers. They are rampant - its unbelievable. One just ran past me at 100 miles an hour on an official server.

But no of course we don’t need an update on when the speedhacking will be resolved. I guess just check back every few weeks to see if it is worth playing.

• @clayton-bigsby:

Okay! I’m getting on it RIGHT NOW. Everyone send me their money through paypal at kimiTBS@paypal.com

• Feedback is exactly what we need from the developers right now regarding the game.

There have been so many discussions on the forums about balance issues with tons of ideas for improvement and it all means nothing if the devs don’t acknowledge any of it and just stay silent.

There needs to be another Q&A thread or something where the devs put all the things they’re happy about in the game and the things that they think need changing. And we might be able to get an idea about what direction the game is heading in regarding balance and bug fixing.

• @David:

Feedback is exactly what we need from the developers right now regarding the game.

There have been so many discussions on the forums about balance issues with tons of ideas for improvement and it all means nothing if the devs don’t acknowledge any of it and just stay silent.

There needs to be another Q&A thread or something where the devs put all the things they’re happy about in the game and the things that they think need changing. And we might be able to get an idea about what direction the game is heading in regarding balance and bug fixing.

while i agree… i think what happens is the same thing that a lot of us that are active on the forums see and avoid. the developers obviously HAVE been reading the forums at least, and i believe that they read the feedback and GET TO WORK on them rather than talking about them too much. Then once they have some progress on them… then they can update you letting you know that as they usually do with patch notes etc. Looking at what they are fixing in the next patch… they HAVE been listening to the big problems and that goes first. They also have obviously been paying attention to the millions of feint threads because they made some experimental changes that listened to what most players wanted, granted it needs more work, testing and feedback but i think they are reading the stuff and trying to paint a picture of what we want.

But think about it… if you were to go into the balance section RIGHT NOW… how many feint conversations would be going on in there with 100 pages of people arguing back and forth? How many complaints about parrys and bugs are STILL GOING ON after the patch notes are released and they say its coming? Honestly there are a bunch of people just acting like whiney, impatient CHILDREN on here… and how are they supposed to weed through 10000 posts of crap to find the people that are level-headed, understand the game and it’s mechanics… and find the true gold that truly emphasizes what we want and what would work?

We blame them, but I feel that we as a community need to take some of the blame ourselves… we have to be a lot more constructive and less whiney and arrogant with our posts… i think they and us folks that are active on the forums would all appreciate it, and it would create a much more effective community for feedback and such. It is just as much our fault as theirs as to why they probably can’t do this stuff all the time… think about that. People are complaining far too much instead of enjoying a game that is still fun despite all that, and just be patient.

• It’s hard to pick out the suggestions that actually try and account for balance in the game without just being senseless ranting, but they should still try and do it.

It might help cut down on the amount of people expressing concern with what they see as unbalanced in favour of offering new ideas if the devs make a news post saying what they have a problem with and what they intend on changing and leaving it open for suggestions.

• In know way am I speaking for everybody, but a lot of us our in the process of moving up to the new studio.

This entails:
    Selling all my belongings I cannot bring
    Searching for an apartment

The studio is in Toronto, many of us are not native to the area, so there is a bit more that goes into it:
    Immigration
    Bank Accounts
    Cell Phones
    Any thing the was usable in our home country is likely not any more.

\

When the studio is up and running, things will move along much faster. This is a necessary act, as I don’t imagine people enjoy waiting a month per patch. But that is as fast as it can be working remotely.

I understand people’s frustration, but just know that we are still working as we find time while moving, and there are some native to the area still ironing away. I am sure TB will have an official announcement at some point.

• That’s fine, totally understandable. Honestly I thought the studio and everything was already setup, we just didn’t know the process was still ongoing and so difficult. It’s been said often, but it’s sort of hard to imagine TBS was spread around so far before. Really cool you’re all coming together though, moving far from your homes for it.

Good luck, hopefully you can get accustomed to Canada. It’s a nice place, barring the cold.

• @Andrew:

If you give me a map of my choice and a helmet like Slys you can crash at my place.

• @gregcau:

@Andrew:

If you give me a map of my choice and a helmet like Slys you can crash at my place.

That’s not fair I’m in Montreal, I can’t bribe him with a place to stay. :(

• @BobT36:

Not their fault if people aren’t playing the beta.

Maybe EU beta server could be a good idea?
    But obviously i can’t understand how many development time it takes :?

• @Dervan:

@BobT36:

Not their fault if people aren’t playing the beta.

Maybe EU beta server could be a good idea?
    But obviously i can’t understand how many development time it takes :?

Yea, there is no beta server i get good ping on consistently up in my area.