Spotted a new hack today- wide area/proximity damage emitter

• On hillside, we were Masons and every time my team would go to the bridge to defend Treb 3, we would all get 99% damage just by walking in the area. Then when anyone would complain about it, The Agatha would gang vote that person off and insult them with name-calling.

The hack did not appear to stem from the melee damage code, or missile damage code, as our avatars did not execute an impact animation. The damage did not execute the function to react from an oilpot fire either. This is why it seems the hack was broadcasting / emitting only a high damage value (99%).

Not sure how it’s coded but if it’s broadcast-style, would this help?
    Damage object emits (encryption) (at a certain range) (on damage channel) { naming convention (oilpot, etc.) + damage value name (dmg10, etc.) }
    Avatar sensor listens to damage channel + encryptions { if naming convention + damage value name == TRUE, then subtract damage value }

This way, the above hack would not be possible (if it is an object emitting a damage value on a timer repeat)? This might also have effectiveness versus the collision or volume detect method for area damaging.

Also, any rethinking of the vote feature in the works? Still presents a burden an annoyance to the game play - when in the wrong hands.

• Are you on drugs?

• @Slight:

Are you on drugs?

lol I’ve seen it too, from the one and only DickFondler.

pretty sure I know how he is doing his hacks

• @gregcau:

@Slight:

Are you on drugs?

lol I’ve seen it too, from the one and only DickFondler.

pretty sure I know how he is doing his hacks

I’m guessing he found the object/function offset pointers and wrote a dll that he injects to manipulate them.

If by chance you know how to replicate them, please PM me.

• @Slight:

Are you on drugs?

Throwing insults with this? Fishy.

• @ReMixx:

I’m guessing he found the object/function offset pointers and wrote a dll that he injects to manipulate them.

No, that would be too much work, I think its simpler than that, I will work on it when I have time later. He gave out a clue when I encountered him.

• @gregcau:

@ReMixx:

No, that would be too much work, I think its simpler than that, I will work on it when I have time later. He gave out a clue when I encountered him.

Not too much work for the loser who hacks a game because he is desperate for attention. :roll:

But yeah if you can figure something else out, please share with us.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.