Interesting game

• So I have played for perhaps 40 hours in the last couple of weeks and I must say the game is pretty good. Hack and slash, medeival times, all good.

I was playing mount and blade and decided to try this out.

While there is a lot of good things - it is exciting, dangerous, skillfull, etc my biggest complaints are

• teams are unbalanced. seems to be a lot of people with the same prefix (guild?) that dominate the server and they are seeming unbeatable - they blow past my shield like nothing else, run straight at me and disappear off my screen so I cant see them until 2 seconds later I am dead.

• no story. ok so no story mode like M&B but there is not continuity to the games, just seems like random maps without any bigger picture to the game.

• unresponsive. take the javelin for example, I throw it and then I cant do anything else after that for several seconds.

• unlocks. I am constantly going back and forth to see if my weapon is unlocked, perhaps tell me when a tier is unlocked so I know I can switch to the more powerful weapon.

• hackers. seems like there are more than a few.

• chat. sometimes it just stops working until the next game.

• server browser. seems to throw a fit now and then.

• menus. inconsistent navigation.

• weapons. seems like some are extremely fast, haven’t figured out which though.

• duels. no official duelling servers where I can unlock too? see menus.

thats are for now, lots of potential to this game

• @newplayer:

So I have played for perhaps 40 hours in the last couple of weeks and I must say the game is pretty good. Hack and slash, medeival times, all good.

I was playing mount and blade and decided to try this out.

While there is a lot of good things - it is exciting, dangerous, skillfull, etc my biggest complaints are

1. - teams are unbalanced. seems to be a lot of people with the same prefix (guild?) that dominate the server and they are seeming unbeatable - they blow past my shield like nothing else, run straight at me and disappear off my screen so I cant see them until 2 seconds later I am dead.

2. - no story. ok so no story mode like M&B but there is not continuity to the games, just seems like random maps without any bigger picture to the game.

3. - unresponsive. take the javelin for example, I throw it and then I cant do anything else after that for several seconds.

4. - unlocks. I am constantly going back and forth to see if my weapon is unlocked, perhaps tell me when a tier is unlocked so I know I can switch to the more powerful weapon.

5. - hackers. seems like there are more than a few.

6. - chat. sometimes it just stops working until the next game.

7. - server browser. seems to throw a fit now and then.

8. - menus. inconsistent navigation.

9. - weapons. seems like some are extremely fast, haven’t figured out which though.

10. - duels. no official duelling servers where I can unlock too? see menus.

thats are for now, lots of potential to this game

1. I personally think that clans/guilds are ruining the game for the average player. And whether they like it or not, the majority of players are average non-clan dudes, not hardcore clan players.

2. There is great potential for a story since Torn Banner have created a really believable world (imo). But yeah, there is no story.

3. That annoys me. Sad face. I could be wrong, but maybe this was intentional to not make javelins overpowered in melee range. Because a thrown javelin can’t be parried. So having a delay after you throw one makes the player think twice before throwing one in very close range.

4. Steam Achievements actually tell you when you’ve unlocked a weapon. But maybe you have in-game notices turned off.

5. I think this is the most urgent problem the game faces right now.

6. This has only happened 3 times I can remember for me during my 70 hours of gameplay. Kind of strange bug really.

7. It seems to spas out when you try to sort them via ping/name/players. Quite annoying, but if you use the filter then you won’t need to sort the servers out because there won’t be many to see. Just so you know!

8. They’ve said they’re not happy with the interface and I agree with them. So I guess we’ll wait and see until they’ve improved it.

9. It says which are fast when you pick weapons. But there are some techniques (some unintentional) that can greatly speed up a slow weapon.

10. Well as far as I’m aware there is no difference between an official dueling server and a non-official dueling server… So if you want to duel, not really a big difference.

PS: If you want to get better at the game, don’t do duels. It’s harder than “normal” game modes.