I defended the farm.

• I am Tsar, and here is my story.

I installed Age of Chivalry onto my original gaming PC around March 2011, and after about two weeks of infrequent play on Dirtyjob’s fairplay radio Medieval Mayhem server, I was banned for 15 minutes for ignoring admin, due to my lack of headphones. Fast forward 10 months (Jan 2012), I’m bored, and I have a new gaming PC, and I’m bored. As I look through my fairly empty sparse Steam library, Idecide, having nothing better to do, I’d play AoC breaking my 10 month hiatus. Things were fun, and on January 15, I won a ribbon on the MM server, I had gotten the most kills with longsword that day. That was really a turning point for me, I began to win the ribbon for longsword kills more and more frequently (by the time the MM servers run by Steve and Stabby went down, I had tied for most longsword kill ribbons). During this time period, I was noticed not only by MM leadership, but by Dweller, then leader of the original KoC, the Kings of Chivalry. At that point in time, I had submitted an application to join MM, and would have waited and joined, but instead I joined Dweller and his Kings of Chivalry.

It was the second week of February when I first joined KoC, I remember quite clearly as I had gotten in a fight after swim practice that Friday, and I had intended to spend the entirety of my suspension beginning my transition from hardcore to regular AoC. Everything went well, I attended my first clan practice preparing for a scrim on Helms Deep to be fought against Kila. On the night of the scrim I had no idea that I was going to participate, being the supernew recruit I was, but participate I did, and we ended up winning. Things went well, we finished the NA Kill em All league season 1 in second place, with a final score of 7 wins, and 3 losses, beaten by Vq.| who went 10-0. Then, things got messy. With season two brought two new teams to the league, RK, and KoTrT. This is when KoC fell apart, Dweller decided that all the drama brought on by the new season wasn’t worth his time, so he left KoC. Leadership was passed down to Lava and Dragon, both very good players, but not yet ready for leadership. After a few horrid scrims, Koc was completely dead. This is May. After a week or two, a few of the core Koc guys formed Sell Swords, so I decided to join them. In our first match, we played Kila on Siege, completely demolishing them. After this we lost every single scrim we fought, even giving MM their first win. Ever. Needless to say, Sell Swords didn’t last long, shortly merging with MM and becoming M§M. I have repressed the memories of what happened next, but what I do remember is a sense of utter failure.

Here is where CMW comes into play. When I saw on chivalrythegame.com that TBS was accepting applications for alpha testers, I immediately sent mine in. i was accepted into the second round of testers. I was the first member of Dweller’s new clan, The Forgotten Kings, whose name and tag I helped him decide on. Things went well until the game was released, as I didn’t have the required funds to purchase the game until well into my swim season, and played almost nothing until I finished in early Feb of this year. Forgotten Kings had died in December of last year. A some point, I joined Taki’s clan Overthrow. Things went well, fought in a few scrims, did some practice with Jcash working on blocking, and this brings me to where I am now. I had grown increasingly aggravated by shoddy mechanics, namely shield clipping and footstabs, and Sunday night I witnessed yet another exploit. I was dueling a guy, he was using flanged mace as knight, he started attacking the ground, and I took damage twice for every swing, which visibly hit and bounced off the ground everytime. He then proceeded to do it with longsword and bardiche. That was the last straw. I uninstalled the game, and I’m not going back. I captured Hornburg, I captured a crown, I killed a horse, I defended the farm. It was fun.

• Yeah the game desynchs on collisions that don’t register properly. He probably saw it as a free combo, you saw his attacks mismatched with his animations. The amount of bugs that are created with each new patch outpace the ones they fix. If something doesn’t change I imagine this game will not be long for my library.

• Intriguing tale, brother.

• Wait, the same Tsar from monster multiverse forum??

• Nope, only round these parts. What js Minster girl?

• @Slashspam:

Nope, only round these parts. What js Minster girl?

Well, just you and the admin of that forum share the same name

Anyway, sad to see you go and hope you in the future might see other guy playing Chivalry that is completely bug free and so you would come back.

• I remember you! and Dweller. :D

Pity to see you leave just over that. Hope you decide to play again if they patch it.

Try playing a little less competitive and just having some fun maybe? I find I generally have much more actual fun with games when I don’t do the whole competitive clan thing, makes rage too much, spesh at a game with lots of bugs heh.

DEFEND THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM.

• mmm the farm.

• Now I miss the old battlegrounds again :(

• @b3h47pte:

mmm the farm.

That goat will not protect you.

• @BobT36:

I remember you! and Dweller. :D

Pity to see you leave just over that. Hope you decide to play again if they patch it.

Try playing a little less competitive and just having some fun maybe? I find I generally have much more actual fun with games when I don’t do the whole competitive clan thing, makes rage too much, spesh at a game with lots of bugs heh.

DEFEND THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM.

Just over gamebreaking bugs like a ghost hit? Its sad stuff like that is still in the game.
    Do you know something I don’t? Is this SUPPOSED to be a casual slash spammer rather than an in depth skill based competitive game? Like as a design choice? I suppose, looking at how the game is currently, a buggy mess, yes?

You’ve made the same point, encouraging casualness in another thread.

@BobT36:

It is a pity this forum is a sea of negativity nowadays. I feel people take the game far too serious.

I’ve just done grinding unlocks. I can see how it hurts things at the competitive level but I don’t think the devs ever pretended that this was going to be e-sport game of the year #1? Would be a bit high target to aim for their first commercial game. Maybe it will be played serious and competitively once the bugs are ironed but for now, just have fun!

I was under the impression this was going to be Esport game of the year #1, absolutely, actually. the mod was incredibly competitive and skill based. If the devs want to make this game a casual slasher, that is cool, whatever, but ITS SUCH A WASTE OF POTENTIAL and a stupid design choice.

======

And, good story tsar, but for the record, KOC collapsed because i left it, after heroically carrying them to a second place finish in that tournament.

• Well we did stick around for a humiliating loss or two.

• @Slashspam:

Well we did stick around for a humiliating loss or two.

I’m honestly amazed you guys stayed around this long. I uninstalled the client when they did the major overhaul of classes/shields. They might as well of released two games/modes after that.