I'm having fun

• In light of all the threads I see complaining about the game. How it’s broken , unplayable, full of nothing bugs/exploits ect. I just wanted to say that whenever I play I have a blast. I’ve never played a PvP game that is as much fun as chiv. So to all the fair knights and ladies of Torn banner I salute thee.

• STOP HAVING FUN.

• You are simply a rare specimen.

Those who have fun playing the game… usually play the game instead of writing on the forums.

If I have the option to write or play, I choose the latter. I write at times I cannot play :)

• I can hardly visit the forums anymore because of how negative/stupid it is in here most of the time. Some of the things people say make me want to punch puppies in the face. I had to stop discussing mechanics and gameplay a long time ago to maintain my enjoyment of the game itself.

I also still enjoy Chivalry, but there are some serious gamebreaking issues that have caused me to take it less and less seriously as time passes. The issues I’m aware of, and keep finding, make it more of a casual experience as opposed to something I can seriously get behind at a competitive level.

Still, nothing beats the visceral feel of this game. When Chivalry fires on all cylinders, there’s no other FPS that even remotely competes with it. :)

• i think a lot of us are feeling a bit less competitive and more casual as you said because of the bugs/glitches etc… but i still have a lot of fun playing. Yesterday I had a large group of friends playing on both sides of the teams on some TO servers… we had a blast and it was still pretty competitive… and we were talking in chat back and forth and really going at it. Had a great time.

I also agree that whether it’s on reddit or this forum, i just can’t stand debating with people about game mechanics and balance… and like 75% or more of the posts these days are just… people complaining about the game, complaining about torn banner… and just general nonsense and it’s just taking a lot out of the community, you can’t have a civil discussion anymore without SOMEONE coming in, throwing the conversation off with their idiocy… and making the conversation just go south and get buried in 100 pages of crap.

I love the videos that people post about having fun despite all this, and just laughing when funny bugs happening, and capturing those moments. I love the artwork and look how david up there … he probably made that on the spot for this post and that’s just good fucking shit and fun and livens up the community rather than dragging it down with negativity. There was once a time where the community was just loving the game and having fun with the game for what it is… and now… people are just being negative about everything which isn’t going to grow the community and help others enjoy the game as the guys that have put hourrs and hours of time in. There’s a patch coming thats going to fix a lot of stuff and i think we all just need to be patient, have fun in the meantime… and then it’s going to get better again and we’re going to have MORE fun

• @AllShallPerish:

In light of all the threads I see complaining about the game. How it’s broken , unplayable, full of nothing bugs/exploits ect. I just wanted to say that whenever I play I have a blast. I’ve never played a PvP game that is as much fun as chiv. So to all the fair knights and ladies of Torn banner I salute thee.

Me too brobot, I still love this thing, bugs and all. I’ve never had more value for money from a game, over 400 hours and I still look forward to playing it every night after work. My girlfriend HATES torn banner though, I warned her not to make me choose…. ;)

• I used to have fun playing, but then the global ban server took a confiscation to the knee…

• @HEXEN:

I can hardly visit the forums anymore because of how negative/stupid it is in here most of the time. Some of the things people say make me want to punch puppies in the face. I had to stop discussing mechanics and gameplay a long time ago to maintain my enjoyment of the game itself.

I also still enjoy Chivalry, but there are some serious gamebreaking issues that have caused me to take it less and less seriously as time passes. The issues I’m aware of, and keep finding, make it more of a casual experience as opposed to something I can seriously get behind at a competitive level.

Still, nothing beats the visceral feel of this game. When Chivalry fires on all cylinders, there’s no other FPS that even remotely competes with it. :)

I don’t know why I’ve broken my rule of not discussing games online to any serious degree, but I have and I’m regretting it. Looking at the balance and game mechanics subforum made me realize that if TB listened to every complainer on the forums, this game would, as I said in another “waah, this is so OP” thread, quickly end up consisting of two guys in a small room hitting eachother with styrofoam swords.

Every single weapon apart from the double axe is OP. Every class is OP. Everyone is a hacker. Got killed by someone clearly superior to you? Broken mechanic/exploit/hack.

All of that being said, I’m pretty sure it’s almost as bad with every game on the internet.

Just out of curiosity what gamebreaking issues are you referring to, Hexen? Personally, I’ve only got a problem with the parry problems and the goddamn broken server browser.

• As long as there are at least some nice people over here, i will keep on posting.
    I hope things will get better (less complaining, more fun) because this forum used to be way more enjoyable. Criticism is needed, because that is how the game can grow, but the way some people behave on the forum these days…

I also keep playing the game, and i really like to play it.
    It is the only game in it’s genre and it is just awesome.

So really: Just relax, play the game, have a blast, have a beer, have a cup of tea, stop complaining and just move on if this game is not your cup of tea.
    It’s a game remember, and games are made to have fun 8-)

Bacon out…
    Peace 8-)

• I have fun on the public TO and TDM servers when the clans show up in force to bully noobs into quitting.
    I especially like when they votekick level 3’s for LMB spamming.
    If only more clan players stacked on the pub servers, this game would be great!
    Fun!

• I must be extremely lucky because the only major issues i encounter are related to the often disfunctional server browser and every here and there i get stuck in the environment. Otherwise, in the 340+ hours i have clocked i have always found the combat to be extremely responsive, as well as the siege machines and the objectives always working smoothly.

In one hilarious incident i encountered last week the masons had just won battlegrounds TO but in the closing 20 seconds where nobody can move one agathian was infront of the cart and therefore it was moving, it quite literally pushed HIM to the gate and exploded and the victory trumpet/horn for the argathians sounded even after the masons had won the match.

• @Ready:

In one hilarious incident i encountered last week the masons had just won battlegrounds TO but in the closing 20 seconds where nobody can move one agathian was infront of the cart and therefore it was moving, it quite literally pushed HIM to the gate and exploded and the victory trumpet/horn for the argathians sounded even after the masons had won the match.

:lolz: must have been hilarious indeed :D

• @AllShallPerish:

In light of all the threads I see complaining about the game. How it’s broken , unplayable, full of nothing bugs/exploits ect. I just wanted to say that whenever I play I have a blast. I’ve never played a PvP game that is as much fun as chiv. So to all the fair knights and ladies of Torn banner I salute thee.

Friend, you have made my day with this post.
    I think its true that most players that truly enjoy the game are busy playing rather then posting.
    Its great to see some positivity from the awesome community this game never hears from :D

• @King:

@AllShallPerish:

Friend, you have made my day with this post.
    I think its true that most players that truly enjoy the game are busy playing rather then posting.
    Its great to see some positivity from the awesome community this game never hears from :D

This is indeed a great point and one that I hadn’t really thought about. I always wondered how it was possible that seemingly almost everyone had some huge problem with this. Chiv, bugs and all, is still astoundingly good fun. I also have to commend the developers for not caving to every complaint made by the player base.

Just please, fix the server browser…

• It is a pity this forum is a sea of negativity nowadays. I feel people take the game far too serious.

The “Game breaking” bugs certainly haven’t prevented me from playing! I’ve just done grinding unlocks. I can see how it hurts things at the competitive level but I don’t think the devs ever pretended that this was going to be e-sport game of the year #1? Would be a bit high target to aim for their first commercial game. Maybe it will be played serious and competitively once the bugs are ironed but for now, just have fun!

I can understand complaints and welcome criticism, but a lot of people are just downright NASTY, and I don’t get that at all. Tis unfortunate can’t moderate for negativity, can just imagine the outcry with that heh… and it would be wrong. I’m open to views on what we can do to try and help the forum become a bit more positive and encourage constructive criticism though, rather than just the bottomless pit of rage posts. Anyways thanks for the positive post, I’m sure it helps the devs to give them some encouragement, got to be tough when certain people are obsessed with shitting on something you’ve put years of heart into and hoped people would enjoy.

Maybe we should let Kimi loose with kitteh pics…

• @BobT36:

I can understand complaints and welcome criticism, but a lot of people are just downright NASTY, and I don’t get that at all.

I could swear that some people actively want things to go wrong so they have something to moan about, or maybe it’s just some kind of smug cynicism. Go figure.

• @Goatamon:

@BobT36:

I can understand complaints and welcome criticism, but a lot of people are just downright NASTY, and I don’t get that at all.

I could swear that some people actively want things to go wrong so they have something to moan about, or maybe it’s just some kind of smug cynicism. Go figure.

You are under arrest for impersonating Slygoat.

• @gregcau:

@Goatamon:

@BobT36:

You are under arrest for impersonating Slygoat.

We Goats are as one…

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.