Awesome factor

• Here are some things I think would add a great deal of awesomeness to chivalry.

-The parry system that has been spoke about in other threads, being able to hold your parry and such and such other mechanics. It would make weapons feel a little more realistic rather than being forced into an animation that can get you easily killed.

-More gore (tastefully done) and a larger variety of death animations and death screams/gurgles/moans, perhaps along with curses or calling for vengeance. Unless of course your wound is that your head has been severed.

-The ability to block hatchets would be a fun mechanic to toy with, I think it would look epic as hell to see a well timed block send a hatchet ricocheting around. If not that buff hatchet damage slightly and make it have a 50% chance of doing damage. Handle or blade making contact anyone?

• A different shield bash animation would add another great visual to the game. Right now the lunge forward makes it look very awkward. The way the animation plays even makes it unreliable. I find myself sometimes bashing through the enemy, or around them somehow. A more well tuned animation would look great. I would make it half the range, add more shoulder and torso movement, along with bringing the arms/shield across the body more. Perhaps we could increase in hit box area shorten the range to separate it more from the kick. Perhaps this might warrant a slight stamina cost drop as well. ;)

-Change the hit boxes of weapons in a way that disables the ability to do full damage with the shafts/ pommels/ butts of weapons. The blue area of the tracers doesn’t do any damage and are still parryable right? See if we cant apply that too 2handed and 1handed weapons where it is needed.

-Specific weapons changes that will give a more unique feel to a few weapon styles.

-Polearms/ shafted weapons Allow polearms to use the shaft of there weapon to push the enemy away. Sort of like a cross check in hockey. Make it short range and no damage/stun with a small amount of stamina usage. No damage so that it won’t be able to be spammed and purely used to make distance to use the damaging end of their weapon. If it did not cause a flinch it would be hard to abuse.

-Blunt 1handed Lets face it stabs with that tiny ass spike (Flanged mace), a bunch of tiny spikes (Mourning star), and a completely flat top (Warhammer), would result in minimal or no damage at all. I say make the move for these weapons (Or add a new button entirely) that allows the blunt user to deliver a wrapping technique to the opponents back or back of the head. In order to prevent abuse we could give remove the ability to use it in a combo. Using the back spike of the warhammer in this technique would look pretty neat. If the stabs were kept I would say reduce them to 5 damage or so just to be used as a way to close a gap and make an opponent flinch.

-Damage to armor, I know this has been spoken of but I really like the idea. Persistent damage to armor would rock until death. Holes for peircing dents for slashes. Something like that would be neat.

Thanks for reading what say you?

• @Kenuric:

-Polearms/ shafted weapons Allow polearms to use the shaft of there weapon to push the enemy away. Sort of like a cross check in hockey. Make it short range and no damage or stun with a small amount of stamina usage. No damage so that it won’t be able to be spammed and purely used to make distance to use the damaging end of their weapon.

Good idea. Make it an alt-Kick maybe? Or simply have Kick be a Push for any 2-handed weapons?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.