A possible way to solve OH lookdown

• I suggest prevent all Y axis movement during all phases of the overhead attack (windup, release, recovery). These would be the results:

The only difference would be that you can still do it but you have to look down first and then start your attack thus making it much easier to read and parry. Kind of a compromise.

Thoughts?

• No, that would be awkward and make a mess of attacking people on different elevations.

• Maybe you could just limit or have a Y-axis slow down? Those two seem like viable options.

• As I understand it, when swinging there is a slow down in mouse movement. But that can be overridden by having a very high mouse sensitivity. Why not just have a hard cap on how fast a character can move y and x axis whilst swinging?

• Y axis slowdown isn’t applying during windup at the moment - that’s unintended and is a contributing factor to the unpredictability of lookdowns/lookups, as players can fake an accelerated or delayed overhead and then switch at the last second.

As I understand it, when swinging there is a slow down in mouse movement. But that can be overridden by having a very high mouse sensitivity. Why not just have a hard cap on how fast a character can move y and x axis whilst swinging?

It is already capped - try it yourself. Mouse sensitivity won’t effect how fast you can rotate during a swing.

• Are you saing that this is already somehow solving instantly fast overheads? What are your thougts about capping the Y axis movement completely?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.