Patch taking months

• Cool.
    Hope to see more bugs, that needs time of course.

Great job so far torn banners, great job.

• Not helping things.

• @venomblade:

Not helping things.

nor are 100% of the threads

• Good things come to those who wait.
    I know it can be hard but try and have some faith in our devs, we would not want anything rushed now would we?

• Don’t worry. Game is buggy right now but… next patch will fix everything.

• @Peacerer:

Don’t worry. Game is buggy right now but… next patch will fix everything.

Precisely :jlaff:

• Listen to the goat. Listen to him!

• Can’t wait for the patch… Especially for the server browser fix.

• First build of 1.5 was put on beta on April 4th - one week after the release of patch 1 - and it is now April 22nd, which is in fact 18 days from April 4th, much closer to half a month than a month, let alone “months”.

Also I refer you to the forum rules:

• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. If a person is found with more than one account, all accounts with the exception of the first registered account will be banned.

I’ve gone ahead and banned your extraneous accounts, though I do congratulate you on carrying out a one-man smear campaign for so long.

• Let’s all not forget that the UE3 doesn’t make small patches / hot fixes very easy to do, and usually involves large downloads due to how it works.

Red Orchestra 2 is also using the same Engine and their patches take a long time and are pretty large, and TW has noted that the Engine is the root cause, which they are trying to figure out how to work around.

I’m pretty sure the same thing is happening to TB. The UE3 is a very popular engine for most developers, but it has its faults.

Since it relates, I’ll quote their explanation:

**_"We would like to do updates more often, but the engine does not support it well. It is something we have spent countless hours trying to work around and now something we are trying to fix at the engine level.

The problem lies in the cooking process the engine does. Cooking a build compresses it and makes it run faster. But at the same time, the build process does not build the game packages the same way every time. So every time we cook the game, almost every single file changes, which requires large updates."_** ~ Yoshiro

[image:3k3dco0x]http://www.theproducersperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/my_weblog/6a00e54ef2e21b88330168e8fcb6e3970c.jpg[/image:3k3dco0x]

• Global Moderator

Most of the devs are apperantly in the process of moving from where they were to where their new studio is. You know finding an arpartment or hous, selling your old one and the studio needs to be set up and everyone needs to settle in. Some people are moving from Europe.

So that that mean Torn banner studios should be renamed to just torn banner studio?

• @Cpt-Praxius:

**_"We would like to do updates more often, but the engine does not support it well. It is something we have spent countless hours trying to work around and now something we are trying to fix at the engine level.

The problem lies in the cooking process the engine does. Cooking a build compresses it and makes it run faster. But at the same time, the build process does not build the game packages the same way every time. So every time we cook the game, almost every single file changes, which requires large updates."_** ~ Yoshiro

This is definitely an issue, but we’re working on improving the process. The biggest problem with it is that to do a ‘hotfix’ to address a single gamebreaking issue requires a whole recook and a huge patch.

• @SlyGoat:

@Cpt-Praxius:

This is definitely an issue, but we’re working on improving the process. The biggest problem with it is that to do a ‘hotfix’ to address a single gamebreaking issue requires a whole recook and a huge patch.

This is hilarious. So what you are effectively saying is you need to TEST content before it is released to the public in-house, so you don’t update everybody’s game build constantly requiring tons of updates.

Isn’t QA testing included in the retail sales of a game? I’m so lost on what you guys are doing, but whatever it is, it’s hilariously fail. 20-man studio and no QA testing….pockets decent sales figures, releases broken patches if any…is this a test of how far you can ruin a company? EA beat you to that.

• @lemonater47:

Most of the devs are apperantly in the process of moving from where they were to where their new studio is. You know finding an arpartment or hous, selling your old one and the studio needs to be set up and everyone needs to settle in. Some people are moving from Europe.

So that that mean Torn banner studios should be renamed to just torn banner studio?

oh no, that is going to be costly changing the company name.

probably cheaper if they get a second studio - Las Vegas would be fun.

• @gregcau:

Yes yes… I agree… Vegas xD

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

Hmm…. So for employees please check the box of where you want to work.
    Las Vegas [ ]
    Canada [ ]

Only Tibs would be left in the Canadian one lol.

• @rinaun:

This is hilarious. So what you are effectively saying is you need to TEST content before it is released to the public in-house, so you don’t update everybody’s game build constantly requiring tons of updates.

Isn’t QA testing included in the retail sales of a game? I’m so lost on what you guys are doing, but whatever it is, it’s hilariously fail. 20-man studio and no QA testing….pockets decent sales figures, releases broken patches if any…is this a test of how far you can ruin a company? EA beat you to that.

Your posts are really just white noise at this point, you know.

• @rinaun:

@SlyGoat:

@Cpt-Praxius:

Not just decent sales figures, the profits they made on this game are phenomenal. An indy game that sells big is a huge boon to an indy company because they don’t have a publisher taking all their profits.

• To all people defending TBS with crap like indie, transition to physical studio, only few developers…etc i say this - even if only one developer worked there could be more frequent updates. One dedicated developer could code at least small batch of patches every few days/weeks. I’ve seen and been apart of small IT teams including gaming where just one capable developer made much more in a day than as it seems and feels TBS do in a month. There’s really no excuse for no updates.

• @SlyGoat:

@rinaun:

Your posts are really just white noise at this point, you know.

Mmmk. That’s why my posts that haven’t changed since October are even more relevant today than they were during the first month of release. This game was hastily released, but we all had faith Torn Banner would step up to the plate and make this a franchise; not an indie game.

Boy were we wrong! That new studio is sure going to be short-lived unless they have another quickly-made, poorly-executed UE3 engine game with no skyboxes (fucking seriously guys, skyboxes are one of the first things you learn in tutorials).

@Peacerer:

To all people defending TBS with crap like indie, transition to physical studio, only few developers…etc i say this - even if only one developer worked there could be more frequent updates. One dedicated developer could code at least small batch of patches every few days/weeks. I’ve seen and been apart of small IT teams including gaming where just one capable developer made much more in a day than as it seems and feels TBS do in a month. There’s really no excuse for no updates.

There will always be people whom enjoy this game or really anything in life at a fanatic level. Saying that not a single person enjoys this game would be inaccurate. It wouldn’t be inaccurate, however, to state that if they plan on making enough money off of the (dwindling) 1k-2k players still remaining, they will fail miserably. It’s going to take them a year or so for them to fix this game considering how bad it’s broken.