Corrosive Community

• I just installed the game and played one round. Not even a full round.

The horrible behaviour of the players in the game convinced me to immediately uninstall Chivalry again.

I paid good money for this game. What the hell is going on?

• easy enough. TBS didn’t fix bugs fast enough, so all the “just for fun” players left while all the “abuse the shit out of everything” player are still abusing.

• Maybe you should just disable chat. That’s helped many a poor soul.
    It won’t stop the high-level players who like to stack TO maps, forcing noobs to have a miserable game experience, but at least you won’t see their abusive banter.

• And every now and then I bet you will come across some of the minority’s in the game that actually have fun and are a good sport about it (killing or dieing its all fun and games through and through)

• If you uninstall a game after playing a first round because of other peoples behaviour, you might aswell just stop playing multiplayer games

• I agree players here are very rude especially compared to more mainstream communities like Counter-strike, CoD, DotA or Warcraft.

• Enjoy never playing any online, competitive game ever again.

Or you could just grow some thicker skin and harden the fuck up.

• @CRUSHED:

If you uninstall a game after playing a first round because of other peoples behaviour, you might aswell just stop playing multiplayer games

^ This.

I’ve been playing Chivalry for a few months and have yet to see the depths that Battlefield, Call of Duty or pretty much any shooter since the days of Quake have had to offer. If anything, I’d say Chivalry is one of the more polite communities. It’s certainly been one of the funniest I’ve played in - but maybe you’re playing in the States (I play UK/Euroland) and maybe things are different over there.

The internet’s always been pretty salty, but it does feel like it’s gotten worse since a modicum of technical ability stopped being a prerequisite to get online. I mean, there have always been vicious racists, sexists, homophobes and theists, but at least they could fucking spell.

Anyway - if game chat offends you, like the other posters have suggested, disable chat or play a game that doesn’t have it as a feature. Maybe one that could help with your perception of time too, this round that you didn’t finish seems to have gone on for over a week:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12597&p=117842#p117842

• Global Moderator

I don’t see why people just can’t ignore the damn chat. Is it so hard? And its no always abuse flying around everywhere.

• Hmm as the previus poster mentioned, I fail to see how you have JUST installed the game and JUST played not even a full round, considering ten days ago… viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12597

Either ways it’s not Torn Banner’s job to babysit the community, only provide tools for the users to manage their own experience, which they have.

Mods can help on Official servers, but even then only when it’s actual targeted abuse, not just one person taking offense to something. As there are options for disabling the chat or muting specific users, there is certainly no need for a language filter in an 18+ game.

Regarding player names, those are linked to Steam, so that’s what they have their Steam name set as. If anyone feels any of those are going too far, it would be Steam support that would deal with that. Torn Banner or Mods can’t moderate people’s Steam accounts…

Either way though I’m doubting the validity of this topic, considering the fibbing going on with only two posts…

• @BobT36:

Either way though I’m doubting the validity of this topic, considering the fibbing going on with only two posts…

Regardless of OP’s possible lies, i have absolutely no doubt the situation he described has occurred, lol. Seems entirely plausible to me. When new players (sheep) join to discover a game full of wolves, it cant be a pleasant experience.

• @JCash:

@BobT36:

Regardless of OP’s possible lies, i have absolutely no doubt the situation he described has occurred, lol. Seems entirely plausible to me. When new players (sheep) join to discover a game full of wolves, it cant be a pleasant experience.

Personally, I am sickened almost every night until I find the rare server that isn’t picking on new players. Then 3 or 4 clan members join that server and stack a team so I’m off to try my luck again. But don’t change feint, because that’s noob-friendly. :?

• @BillDoor:

@JCash:

@BobT36:

Personally, I am sickened almost every night until I find the rare server that isn’t picking on new players. Then 3 or 4 clan members join that server and stack a team so I’m off to try my luck again. But don’t change feint, because that’s noob-friendly. :?

Stop trying to turn everything into a Feinting topic please. We have ENOUGH of those. Otherwise I may as well just merge every single thread in this entire bloody forum into one big feint topic glob with 113070+ posts. :P

Anyways the best was when I (and Torn Banner) got accused of supporting Hitler, because someone had that name in one of the Steam groups. Because we can totally moderate Steam account names, and 6 characters made up of pixels on a screen arranged in that order are totally as bad as the actual (now dead) person…

• @BobT36:

@BillDoor:

But don’t change feint, because that’s noob-friendly. :?

Stop trying to turn everything into a Feinting topic please. We have ENOUGH of those.

That’s probably going to be my new tagline.

@BillDoor:

Personally, I am sickened almost every night until I find the rare server that isn’t picking on new players.

Or maybe this.

• @Praslek:

I just installed the game and played one round. Not even a full round.

The horrible behaviour of the players in the game convinced me to immediately uninstall Chivalry again.

I paid good money for this game. What the hell is going on?

haha that gave me a good laugh.

plz if you are going to fake post - at least be subtle !

• Bill, don’t assume every clan that goes on an official server is there just for “pub stomping”. Everyone has a right to go on any official server if they are welcome, and this applies to clans as well. There is no rule about “team stacking” either. I mean people complain if 3 people in a clan out of 18 are on one side. I mean come on, really? I know there are some clans out there that DO do this, but not all of them do. A lot of times, clan members just go play by themselves and then people join off of them. You can only do so much. shrug

• I won’t say every clan behaves badly or that it’s just clan players. Last couple of sale weeks the higher level players swarmed the side they knew was easier, forcing all the low-levels to play together from a map disadvantage. It’s just not fun and it’s killing the game. Working, OFFICIAL ranked servers should be a priority.

• Well the rank settings do nothing but show prefered player levels for that server. There is by no means anyway to stop a level 40 from entering a server that says max rank =20. If it is supposed to work, well it doesn’t.

• @BillDoor:

Working, OFFICIAL ranked servers should be a priority.

Define “working”. I would venture a guess that the servers are working right now, so please explain what you mean. Is there some issue I’m not aware of?

• @bada:

@BillDoor:

Working, OFFICIAL ranked servers should be a priority.

Define “working”. I would venture a guess that the servers are working right now, so please explain what you mean. Is there some issue I’m not aware of?

@Retsnom:

Well the rank settings do nothing but show prefered player levels for that server. There is by no means anyway to stop a level 40 from entering a server that says max rank =20. If it is supposed to work, well it doesn’t.

Bit of a derp bada. Key word was ‘ranked’ not ‘working.’

work·ing
    /?w?rkiNG/
    Adjective
    Having paid employment.
    Noun
    The action of doing work.
    Synonyms
    adjective. labouring - active - laboring - operating - operative
    noun. operation - work - job - action - running

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.