Clash of Champions

• Hello, I’ve played Chivalry for a good amount of time now, enough to know my favorite parts of the game. Like many people, one of the objectives I like the most out of the maps is when you are supposed to defend/attack the king. I like it so much that I believe it could easily add enough enjoyment to become its own gametype.

So, I propose adding a new gametype that would be King vs. King. I saw one similar thread to this, but it sounded hastily thought out, and used ideas that I do not exactly agree with.

The main objective of this gametype would obviously be either protecting or defending your king. To avoid any sort of exploitation, each king would have an icon above their head which clearly states “King”, similarly to the current Team Objective maps.

One issue I can see is how to pick the king. In the Team Objective maps, the king is chosen by being the one with the highest score, however, it would be impossible to duplicate that. As a matter of fact, in order to give it a more unique aspect, rather than seeming to just copy Team Objective, I believe that instead of a “King”, it should be a “Champion”.

The battle would begin without anyone being declared a Champion, and it would start as a standard Team Deathmatch style game. Once a certain amount of time ends, the person with the highest score is declared champion, and to win the game the players must kill each others champions.

Once the champions are declared, since they only have one life before the game is over, I would also propose there be rounds, similar to Last Team Standing.

Obviously I am only one person and may not have thought of all areas for this idea, but I am glad to hear feedback and suggestions towards this idea.

As for implementing the gamemode itself, I don’t see it being too hard to do, especially since UDK is the engine; it would be as simple as copying and pasting previous information.

• Why not make it like LTS and every round someone is declared a king and everyone but the king respawns until the king is killed, when the king dies new round new king for both sides.

• Not sure if your suggestion is a good idea, but i’d like to see more use made of ‘special characters’ like the two kings. ITs almost like the jedi warrior option in battlefront. Especially would like to see them used offensively, in a situation where you did not have to sit in the back defending them.

• @Sapreaver:

Why not make it like LTS and every round someone is declared a king and everyone but the king respawns until the king is killed, when the king dies new round new king for both sides.

That’s not like LTS at all. To make it more like LTS, when the King of one side dies, that side stops respawning until they are all killed on that side. This means that when, for example, the Agathian king is slain, the Agathian knights still have a chance to avenge him and kill the Mason king and maybe even turn the tides of the battle.