Class system, a new implementation.

• Please remove the class system and instead assign us a class and stats based on the weapons we pick

This would allow for more dynamic classes and freedom for weapon combos. Even hybrids could be made much easier and the current class system would still be maintained

Weapons could be appended with a weight and style and based upon your two picks you get a class and model and a small bonus that would assist you.

Class Examples

Knight Bonus "Fortified: increased defenses"
    1 heavy/medium offensive
    1 medium offensive

Vanguard Bonus "Cleave: last hit in the combo does 30% extra damage and knock back"
    1 heavy offensive reach
    1 medium offensive

Maa Bonus "Rush: Quickly dash forward"
    1medium offensive
    1 medium/light offensive

Archer bonus "Disable: slows movement 10%"
    Range Long/Medium
    light offensive

new “classes”

hurler bonus "Throw weapon: Throws weapon currently equipped a new one can be gained by going to get your weapon or ammo box"
    Range short
    heavy short defensive

Guardsmen bonus "Superb Kick: Stun from kicks increase by 1 second 20% extra knockback with all attacks"
    Reach defensive heavy
    Range medium

Assassin bonus "Dodge: Can dodge side to side and backwards"
    light offensive
    light defensive

Savage bonus:"Bloodlust after killing 25% bonus to movement speed 10% to weapon speed for 10 seconds after expiring -10% to attack and movement speed for 5 seonds"
    Axe/mace Heavy
    medium offensive
    no shield

Plenty of unique and fun combinations can be created that will lead to more diverse and exciting play styles

• Global Moderator

That’s still a class system just implemented differently.

• If you want a game where you can customize your character thoroughly play War of the Roses. I doubt anything like that would happen in Chivalry, it’s fine as it is.

• @wyrda78:

If you want a game where you can customize your character thoroughly play War of the Roses. I doubt anything like that would happen in Chivalry, it’s fine as it is.

War of the roses is so bad balanced. The only time it was really fun was in the beta. Back then the game was great, but the releaseversion just sucked. And from there on they ruined it more and more…

• at number 1, you’re absolutely right, when I typed this I was exhausted I’m going to change the title