Tks keep breaking the game experience

• Sadly team killers keep breaking most of the game experience.

I don’t know why you don’t release just an auto-votekick.
    Still too slow progress for such good game, such a pitty.

For sure Vote Kick is BROKEN, OLD AND USELESS mechanic, once it needs Every player to vote for or against.

If it needed, at least, only votes from a team to decide, It’d be less useless.

"Why should my team kick someone who is helping me to win a match by killing his team mates?"
    That’s what most players I play with think, so that is why It’s a broken system.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1990/u … 011762.jpg

While we wait, Tks still being the most OP “weapon” in the game.

• @bergami:

Sadly team killers keep breaking most of the game experience.

I don’t know why you don’t release just an auto-votekick.
    Still too slow progress for such good game, such a pitty.

For sure Vote Kick is BROKEN, OLD AND USELESS mechanic, once it needs Every player to vote for or against.

If it needed, at least, only votes from a team to decide, It’d be less useless.

"Why should my team kick someone who is helping me to win a match by killing his team mates?"
    That’s what most players I play with think, so that is why It’s a broken system.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1990/u … 011762.jpg

While we wait, Tks still being the most OP “weapon” in the game.

The most dangerous person on the battlefield is the vanguard on your team.

• @Goatamon:

Whoopsi-daisies! :D

To the OP - are you talking about accidental TKs or ‘griefing’? Just to keep terms straight.

• @BillDoor:

@Goatamon:

Whoopsi-daisies! :D

To the OP - are you talking about accidental TKs or ‘griefing’? Just to keep terms straight.

Both,

auto-kick after 5 TKs, 24 hours ban from server.

Simple solution

@Goatamon:

@bergami:

True story bro, but never forget the archers

• @bergami:

True story bro, but never forget the archers

Or the “friendly” firepots.

• @bergami:

to-kick after 5 TKs, 24 hours ban from server.

One bad shot with the trebuchet and 2 noobs with low health run in front of your swing and you are banned for 24 hours?

Yeah that would kill the game quite quickly.

Maybe you should just setup your own server and implement that policy and see how well that works.

• Autokicks are becoming necessary in my opinion…

• I don’t know why, but this seems to have been happening A LOT more in the past few days. People just swing straight through me to steal kills, and leaving me with little health, or “friendly” archer fire into the melee flinching me and getting me killed. I’m sure it didn’t used to happen this often…

• Auto-kick and 15-30 min ban should be enough. I’m all for it.

• @gregcau:

@bergami:

to-kick after 5 TKs, 24 hours ban from server.

One bad shot with the trebuchet and 2 noobs with low health run in front of your swing and you are banned for 24 hours?

Yeah that would kill the game quite quickly.

Maybe you should just setup your own server and implement that policy and see how well that works.

Maybe trebuchets need a better aim system, maybe the tutorial should teach people properly.

Don’t blame “noobs” for being “noobs”, they are “noobs” because can’t train something properly or because the own game can’t tell them what is right/wrong.

24 hours ban from a server, there are loads of servers where you still able play and try to be more careful. And 24 hours still just a day, which is not big deal.

It wouldn’t kill the game, the game is killing itself while no one does nothing about this problem.

Auto-Kick is a common mechanic on many competitive games, it is not the end of the world.

I’d love to make my own server, If even I knew how to, every attempt of following a tutorial ended with an error at the end, it seems so hard to do.

• There’s no need for autokick or auto ban. Friendly fire mirror dmg would be the thing on pub servers. I wonder why this wasn’t already implemented from start.

• Global Moderator

Mirror damage is not the answer that would change the game. Really its bad community’s.

Really anyone who has over 20% team damage, has a bad score an is getting complaints gets kicked.

And anyway I thought people defaulted to yes?

If worst comes to worst now to New Zealand or Australia and play here. As our community is fair when it comes to matters of votekicking. And our community isn’t stupid either. While the. Team killer may be on the other team next round he might be on yours.

• most are new players, some are greifers but there are far more NEW players than people trying to kill you. I have to agree that lately i’ve been getting VERY frustrated with team attacks and teamkilling. People just want their kills, and some people are actually trying to help you out, but just haven’t learned to control their weapon, or learn how to move, or how others move, etc. They also use LMB too much where the other attacks are more controllable to NOT attack teammates… just noobs man.

And honestly, just because someone is like rank 20 or 25 or something, they are still noobs most of them lol. Most players don’t even get ‘good’ until like… 35+ to be honest. SOME people are ahead of the curve because they use that squishy thing in their head that they were born with that sends electrical signals to the rest of their body, but most people don’t.

• Global Moderator

Avoiding clusterfucks is a good way not to get hit by your team.

Only deliberate team killing pisses me off.

• Funny is, while I am playing I see like 80% of players complaining about team damage, when that subject comes to the forums, people just don’t care.

Amateur or not, still deserve a penalty for attacking a team mate.

Negative score is useless as well as this vote kick.

• Global Moderator

@bergami:

Funny is, while I am playing I see like 80% of players complaining about team damage, when that subject comes to the forums, people just don’t care.

Amateur or not, still deserve a penalty for attacking a team mate.

Negative score is useless as well as this vote kick.

Noobs learn in time. A simple sorry is fine. Punishing people because they suck is not good practice.

Telling them nicely to watch their swings and ease up on the LMB actually works if they read it.

• @lemonater47:

Mirror damage is not the answer that would change the game. Really its bad community’s.

Mirror damage is the answer. Why complicate where its not needed? Especially on pub servers. Why looking for all kinds of (more complex) solutions when simple damage reflection solves the situation.

Let players think how they play, let them know that their/our actions have consequences. Let players get punished for stupid, arrogant and reckless gaming. Friendly fire reflection would perfectly solve constant problems with teamkillers. Whether they TK intentionally or accidentally. That’s not even important (when you are dead/wounded because of that). The result is the same for you being teamkilled. The result should be the same for them - teamkillers - not for you.

Sure there would be some smart ass who would just set himself intentionally in range of team fire. Still thise would be minimal compared with current situation of ********* team killing. Someone doesn’t pay attention and hits you? No problem, let him do that… friendly fire mirror would get rid of tons of thoughtless button mashing.

• I pushed for a mirror friendly fire option early on, because in my mind nothing will teach you to avoid friendly fire faster than killing yourself whenever you hit a teammate - but the general opinion from the community and the dev team was negative, so I gave up :P

If you want to start a petition, Peacerer, I’ll sign it.

• I at least like for deliberate TK trolls who quit before their votekick ends to not be allowed immediately back into the server.

• As you know im not really desired around here. So starting a petition/poll by me would most likely result in false conclusion. Half of the naps would deliberately pick any alternative option just to oppose me. :D