Server-side attack speed?

• This game already has an option to set game speed to faster or slower than normal, but what about just affecting attack speed? Maybe it could be a good idea to add a server-side option that could make everyone’s weapons equally quicker or slower. I know I’m not alone in thinking that sometimes, the speed of the attack animations are almost cartoonishly slow. Soldiers in medieval times definitely could attack faster than they do in game. I know that gameplay>realism, but perhaps for some players this option could be a happy combination of good gameplay and slightly better realism.

• You know medieval weaponry wasn’t exactly light. The attack speed seems fine to me. Of course i guess some people would disagree.

• @wyrda78:

You know medieval weaponry wasn’t exactly light. The attack speed seems fine to me. Of course i guess some people would disagree.

Some people on these forums have talked about their experiences with real life medieval weapons and seem to agree that the weapon speed in game is generally slower than in real life. I particularly remember one user who asserted that he could easily stab more than 3 times in 2 seconds with one of the one-handed swords.

• @Jorgun:

I know that gameplay>realism, but perhaps for some players this option could be a happy combination of good gameplay and slightly better realism.

With the framerate of average monitors and narrow field of view, having faster attack animations would make the game near impossible to play properly.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.