No wonder nobody plays this fucking game.

• I’d hazard that around 2% of all purchases made still play the game on any kind of regular basis. You can’t SEARCH for servers in the in-game server browser - a problem that prompted someone to make a java version that works - for all of a week, then you simply click join, it loads the Chivalry game up, but then just sits in the menu - I’ve done nothing to my PC and yet it just decides to break on me.

Then the java thing isn’t showing any servers at all either, so I go to the forums for help, someone says to delete your “chivalry” folder, which removes all settings. Whatever, I do it, and have to reconfigure all my graphics and preferences, finally able to play a game. I decide to leave and it won’t show any more servers again. So what, I have to do this every time I play a game? I don’t think so.

You guys need to squash these bugs, and at a MUCH faster rate than you’re currently going, because people are leaving this game left and right…

• And then the funny thing is when you finally get into a game you then have to content with all the bugs that affect the gameplay and make the game hard to play.

• The debugging process, is a long and hard road. With Torn Banner’s team consisting of a whopping 15 people, you can expect some bugs left over. Torn Banner is currently working on another patch comin’ up, so try out the Beta in the meantime, since they offer that to ungrateful consumers such as yourself.

Furthermore, Chivalry’s server browser has always been notorious for acting like an indecisive child, seemingly working only when it feels like it. For people who don’t like try and fix this with a few button presses in an .ini file, ReMixx even made a temporary fix for the server browser in Java. He took time outta his day to help, once again, ungrateful consumers like yourself.

I admit that in order for this game to be playable for me, I had to do some tweaking, as in, a LOT of tweaking. But after a ‘day-killing’ 15 minutes, my Chivalry was bright-eyed and bushy tailed, ready to play.

TL;DR: Read the forum for tweaks to make the game run better, if you still don’t like it, that’s too bad, wait for the next content update. This game is well worth it. And at least it is still playable months after it’s release. (I’m looking at you SimCity.)

• @RockandGrohl:

Then the java thing isn’t showing any servers at all either, so I go to the forums for help, someone says to delete your “chivalry” folder, which removes all settings. Whatever, I do it, and have to reconfigure all my graphics and preferences, finally able to play a game. I decide to leave and it won’t show any more servers again. So what, I have to do this every time I play a game? I don’t think so.

That doesn’t make any sense. You need to provide more information, windows version? Maybe your files are read-only due to not being an administrator? Java thing is doing very little - just connecting to the IP/Port to get the server info. Perhaps a windows firewall is getting in the way. Hard to tell without full information on what is going on - when you last connected, fails every time etc. Whether you can connection manually to a server etc.

• why is the word //0 (opposite of yes) word filtering to http://www.kittens.co.uk ?

• @JCash:

why is the word //0 (opposite of yes) word filtering to http://www.kittens.co.uk ?

Rofl. Someone is anti-negativity.

• @JCash:

why is the word //0 (opposite of yes) word filtering to blacklisted_site ?

Lmao… my bad… Should be fixed now :P

I added in a mod to stop those stupid spam bots from posting URL’s… And I kinda did the opposite :P

All good now ;)

• I manually added all my favourite servers to the steam server browser. Works a charm.