Feintable Parries

• I believe this was mentioned earlier, but the general idea is that you could allow parries to be canceled by feinting them, which costs 15 stamina, but gives you a second chance at blocking feints. It is flawed, but with a little refinement of mechanics, it could possibly be a solution to the feint hate. I think Torn Banner’s idea of feinting was that if you fell for it, the attacker gets a free hit. This mechanic doesn’t exactly fit that idea, but reacting to feints is somewhat unrealistic when coupled with all the other exploits that emerged. Just something to think about.

• Seems like a nice idea but I don´t think people have the reactions to be able to do: parry -> cancel parry -> parry again against one-handers. I would actually like to see infinite parrying, just like with shield, the only difference being that you can only blok 1 strike with your weapon. Infinite parrying would solve a lot of other issues too…

• @funthomass:

Seems like a nice idea but I don´t think people have the reactions to be able to do: parry -> cancel parry -> parry again against one-handers. I would actually like to see infinite parrying, just like with shield, the only difference being that you can only blok 1 strike with your weapon. Infinite parrying would solve a lot of other issues too…

RMB -> Q -> RMB vs LMB -> Q -> LMB

It’ll be harder on the defensive side because it’s reactionary vs premeditated, but it’s entirely within the realm of possibility, especially since the config change people were bitching about a month ago would just make it RMB -> RMB to cancel into another parry.

However, since it’s faster to do parry-parry than parry-anything else, the function is already kind of in the game. Unless you mean adding the ability to cancel an active parry rather than the parry recovery, the time gained wouldn’t be worth the stamina at all.

• Or just hit RMB twice to feint out of parry. It might actually turn feint into a defensive tactic.
    Interesting.