Bad FPS on 'good' PC

• I have an ATI (AMD) Radeon HD 5670 (I know, awesome) graphics card that should be able to run Chivalry on high or atleast almost high settings.
    Problem is that since the last update, that has been a while ago, the game runs at barely 30 fps when running and 5(!) or less fps when in battle. Ofcourse it is quite annoying to fight when you don’t see other people’s swords coming. It makes you just mash your left mouse button all the time, which, ofcourse, does not work in Chivalry. It’s especially annoying when you change all your graphic settings to lowest (and then can’t change them back again because of another bug) and you figure out nothing changed at all. At low graphic settings I still can’t play at 60 or 30 fps in battle, my fps stays under 5.
    So this is very annoying. Can anybody please help me? Because I haven’t played this game for a month now because of these problems and I’m pretty upset with it. It’s no problem with my PC because the game used to run very smoothly (before last update). I don’t know if it’s necessary to know, but I use windows XP 32 bit.

• I get bad FPS on a an i7 2600k with a Radeon 6950.

So go figure. Definitely worse since the last patch or two.

• @dudeface:

I get bad FPS on a an i7 2600k with a Radeon 6950.

So go figure. Definitely worse since the last patch or two.

Exactly, I hope they fix it soon because right now it’s just unplayable for me.

• Well, I used to have a pretty bad framerate. . .

Until I got off my ass and tweaked it. It’s not even that difficult.

Maxing out the game at the engine’s max framerate of 90 on a Phenom 965, and 7850.

Doesn’t even take 10 minutes of browsing this forum to find an answer that’s already been provided.

• @PeanutReaper486:

Well, I used to have a pretty bad framerate. . .

Until I got off my ass and tweaked it. It’s not even that difficult.

Maxing out the game at the engine’s max framerate of 90 on a Phenom 965, and 7850.

Doesn’t even take 10 minutes of browsing this forum to find an answer that’s already been provided.

So I followed your advise of browsing the forum for 10 minutes and nothing happened with the game. I changed some settings that didn’t fix my problem, and the FPS is still low whenever enemies appear.

I don’t need people telling me I’m lazy. Please, if you have the simple solution, tell me, and I’d be very happy. But if you don’t want to help then don’t say anything.

• Well I use a laptop with a less powerful video card, but better processor and I get a consistent 40fps with the lowest settings. So I assume you updated your video card drivers etc.

• It’s pretty CPU intensive on a crowded server. I get a noticeable FPS boost when OCing from 3.8 to 4.2Ghz (don’t want to go higher because the fan gets noisy).

• Overclocking CPU is what I’d suggest next, if heat’s not an issue. I suggested tweaks because you claim to have had smoother frames before the patch.

I had this problem forever ago as well, but it wasn’t just with Chivalry; It was with all games. Discovered the problem to be bad sectors in my HDD. Poor thing could hardly write/read anything.

• have you tried this David ?

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10837