Fun and entertaining way to fix feints

• A friend who doesn’t play chiv was talking to me about game balance the other day, and I brought up feinting in chiv - strangely enough, he came up with a take on feints that I haven’t even seen before_

“when an attack is feinted, the player loses control over the attack and a really quick ‘fuck you’-esque animation plays right before the swing… sort of like how people try to scare someone who pissed them off in real life (but they can’t afford to fight so they just do a sudden jolt move towards them).”_

it’d make feint into more of a quick taunt to insult a player during a 1 on 1, AND it would remove the “offensive feinting” mechanic from the game

• maybe when a windup is cancelled, an aggressive stomp animation would play

• I don’t think you fully understand the current meta usage of feints.

• fun and entertaining way to remove feints you mean? :D

• @smokingbobs:

fun and entertaining way to remove feints you mean? :D

Yep, because they won’t fix parry we gotta remove feints

@NabsterHax:

I don’t think you fully understand the current meta usage of feints.

I hate when necessary balance changes the meta of my dieing e-sport too

• @Emodestroyer:

@smokingbobs:

fun and entertaining way to remove feints you mean? :D

Yep, because they won’t fix parry we gotta remove feints

@NabsterHax:

I hate when necessary balance changes the meta of my dieing e-sport too

I don’t even really understand your suggestion. A friend who hasn’t even played the game, let alone at a level to compete with top players has come up with a good solution to “fix” feint which is to basically turn it into a second taunt button?

Feel free to suggest new ideas, but all I’m saying is that your post really gives no reason for anyone to support the idea.

• Just a generic ‘hunch’ of the shoulders as if you’re about to start an unspecific attack is a great idea. It’s not a feint fix though.

• @BillDoor:

Just a generic ‘hunch’ of the shoulders as if you’re about to start an unspecific attack is a great idea. It’s not a feint fix though.

it could be if the animation takes long enough IMO. just a quick .4 or .5 second animation like in real life, because right now feinting looks retarded and completely ridiculous

• @NabsterHax:

meta

Why is everyone always using “meta” when talking about videogames now.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.