Would You Pay?

• Updates and bug fixes are far too infrequent, and this game is suffering greatly because of it.

My question to other players - Would you be willing to pay maybe 10 or 15 dollars a month to play this game online if it in turn meant:

Regular Updates and Bug Fixes

Better Dedicated Servers

and possibly

Annual Tournaments for Cash prizes?

I think it’s an idea that the devs really need to consider. Alternatively, a cash shop similar to League of Legends or Smite where people can optionally buy skins and such would also be a good way to make some income.

Chivalry is a fantastic game, but with there being such annoying bugs that haven’t been fixed, and they’ve existed for so long, Chivalry will disappear quickly.

• No need for that.

Wouldn’t really help anyway since the reason for the delay is not resources, its Maple Syrup.

• You might as well ask for EA to buy Torn Banner if you’re looking for such things.

• I don’t want the game to choose this direction. But to be honest… If the game would be as great as it used to be and if there were no cash shop, yes I would probably.

• @Wolfesscythe:

Updates and bug fixes are far too infrequent, and this game is suffering greatly because of it.

Chivalry is a fantastic game, but with there being such annoying bugs that haven’t been fixed, and they’ve existed for so long, Chivalry will disappear quickly.

I fear something similar. Hell, even I’ve stopped playing the game to some extent.

@Wolfesscythe:

My question to other players - Would you be willing to pay maybe 10 or 15 dollars a month to play this game online if it in turn meant

I would never, ever, pay a monthly cost for a game. I just won’t. Never. But I won’t have a problem with the addition of a microtransaction store into the game, as long as it doesn’t destroy the combat balance of the game.

• I wouldn’t pay anything, because as far as i am concerned, it is not as though they lack a money incentive to fix their game, it is just that they are incompetent. This post http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=112252#p112252 proves my point exactly, i think.

In fact, one could argue that what you proposed is border-line blackmail. (At least in regards to patches & Bug fixes)

• @alterbyme:

I wouldn’t pay anything, because as far as i am concerned, it is not as though they lack a money incentive to fix their game, it is just that they are incompetent. This post http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=112252#p112252 proves my point exactly, i think.

In fact, one could argue that what you proposed is border-line blackmail. (At least in regards to patches & Bug fixes)

I would argue that making and updating this game with only a single programmer proves the opposite of incompetence. I’m pretty sure a single incompetent programmer wouldn’t have been able to do nearly this well. But maybe that’s just me. We also now have a fourth programmer and are still looking to expand.

Anyway, to the topic at hand - even I wouldn’t pay a monthly fee for Chivalry. It’s priced at $25 because that’s what we think it’s worth. A lot of people seem to disagree and would like to give us more money; selling cosmetics for those people is something we’re definitely considering.

• Global Moderator

They are moving into a new studio from various parts of the world so just be patent.

And didn’t they say in their last video that they hired two new programmers?

• @lemonater47:

They are moving into a new studio from various parts of the world so just be patent.

And didn’t they say in their last video that they hired two new programmers?

We’ve hired another since then, so we’re up to 4 :)

• I now want maple syrup.

• I would not want to pay a monthly fee for playing Chivalry.

However this topic brought another question to my mind:

If you knew everything you know now about Chivalry at the time you bought the game, would you still buy it?

I’m afraid I have to say no.

• I would, because the odds are pretty decent the game will be polished and fixed eventually. And I’ve had a damn blast with it and still am even now.

I wouldn’t want to pay a monthly fee for the game, that’s excessive, unless they turned it into a competitive full loot hardcore sandbox mmorpg, then I’m on-board with that. As it stands though, cosmetic dlc would be great.

• @funthomass:

I would not want to pay a monthly fee for playing Chivalry.

However this topic brought another question to my mind:

If you knew everything you know now about Chivalry at the time you bought the game, would you still buy it?

I’m afraid I have to say no.

Absolutely. I enjoy raging at broken mechanics.

No, but seriously. I enjoy the hell out of the game. There’s just things that frustrate the absolute shit out of me, and make me want to break my keyboard at times, but I’ll still log back on a few hours later.

• I’ll put it this way:

I’d still buy Chivalry if it were a full price game. I fuckin love it.

I don’t pay subscription fees anymore. I find them to be a waste.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.