Cosmetic Microtransaction Store

• What would you guys think of adding a cosmetic microtransaction store to the game?

Not only will this add a much needed element of customization to the game, it will also give Torn Banner more funds without inbalancing the game.

You can even do what Team Fortress did, and let players create content which they can sell via the store.

Thoughts?

PS: I am not recommending this, I am merely checking to see what the Chivalry community thinks about this idea.

• Please not :( I hate micro transactions in payed games…

• Moved to Ideas & Suggestions forum.

• @HammelGammel:

Please not :( I hate micro transactions in payed games…

Why? If it’s only cosmetic, you won’t be at a disadvantage if other people use it.

• @HammelGammel:

Please not :( I hate micro transactions in payed games…

You can just not buy them, they aren’t required to play the game.

Cosmetic is just optional

• @ReMixx:

Moved to Ideas & Suggestions forum.

Oh and by the way, the reason I posted this in General was because it was more of a “see what people think”, as opposed to a suggestion aimed towards the developers.

• Still, I think it destroys the game experience. Besides I want to have the full content, when I buy a game. Please not, that would be just horrible :3

• slygoat asked this question on another thread

I uninstalled TF2 because I got sick of downloading hat files.

• We will definitely have Steam Workshop support once modding tools are complete, hopefully people will be able to make hats for you to use :D

Selling cosmetics of our own is something we’ve considered - we do definitely have plans for some form of free customization down the line, too, but we’re not ready to give specifics on it yet.

• @SlyGoat:

We will definitely have Steam Workshop support once modding tools are complete, hopefully people will be able to make hats for you to use :D

Selling cosmetics of our own is something we’ve considered - we do definitely have plans for some form of free customization down the line, too, but we’re not ready to give specifics on it yet.

Reading between the lines - take note of the FFA colors.

• @SlyGoat:

We will definitely have Steam Workshop support once modding tools are complete, hopefully people will be able to make hats for you to use :D

The biggest issue with cosmetic customization is that most people (I think) play in first person. So… you won’t actually see the majority of that epic cosmetic you’ve made/bought/downloaded. Any comment about that?

4000 posts!

• ReMixx is still beating me by a thousand :?

I think for most people the big thing with cosmetics isn’t seeing it on themselves so much as others seeing it on them. TF2 is also a first person game - you can’t even play it in third person normally - but they’ve had overwhelming success with cosmetics.

• @SlyGoat:

ReMixx is still beating me by a thousand :?

I think for most people the big thing with cosmetics isn’t seeing it on themselves so much as others seeing it on them. TF2 is also a first person game - you can’t even play it in third person normally - but they’ve had overwhelming success with cosmetics.

Hm, I guess I’m in the minority then! But it would still be nice to have weapon-handle cosmetic options. Or perhaps nice gloves etc. You get the point/already know this! :)

• @SlyGoat:

ReMixx is still beating me by a thousand :?

I’d like to see other peoples cosmetics…

• Global Moderator

Pay for them?

Get out.