Why the hell does it take 2 hits to kill MAA/archer

• The most dominant melee should be the knight class in theory yet in practice i find it different at times.I mean using sword of war is the fastest sword yet when i come up against an MAA or an archer with a dagger i want to quit the game.

How can MAA kill me in 2 hits with his weapons simply by spamming left mouse button?

I cannot kill him in any less than TWO hits and the same goes for archers.I run up behind him with my mace the strongest weapon in the whole game overhead him on his head and he lives through it although with very very little hp left but the fact remains he is still alive.So we both die in two hits yet he has dodge as well which ill talk about in a minute.

A lot of people will say overhead feint then stab and let him walk into it but a lot of the time the guy teleports in and hits me at the same time or even before my stab and thus cancels it.

Even archers with that dagger take the piss.Im pelted with arrows,stones,javelins everything but the sink draining my HP and when i get there i have to deal with him blocking my two hand weapon with a dagger.I mean come on how can he block mace/sword with a dagger over and over yet strike that fast and have ranged advantage? He has no armor yet takes two hits to kill.

I love the game but eventually i will stop due to MAA/Dagger

• In the 1v1 pools tournament it was 90% knights 10% MAA. I was probably the only one who did the javelin for fun.

If you are constantly zig-zagging unpredictably it is pretty hard for an archer to hit you. Very hard if you have a shield. Once close keep moving/sprinting so those daggers miss and you can use your range. Delay or speed up your attacks and the archer is dead.

A good MAA can be devastating to new people, something about how their overheads land that make it rather difficult to parry (could be the alt bug). Again keep moving so they cant aim that dodge+strike on you. Keep pressing them until they run out of stamina.

There is a lot to the game, rank 40+ are deadly and you need to know all the tricks (cough exploits) in the game to stand a chance.

• Torn banner thought giving MAA blunt resist buff was a good idea. Because MAA was too weak against mauls and shouldn’t be one shotted in the torso by the slowest melee weapon in the game. It only makes sense that MAA (a light class) require 2 hits to kill even with heavy weapons. Next thing I see happening is MAA getting ranged weapon resist buff and heavy crossbow no longer one shotting them in torso…

I say make one handers one shot anything and mauls require 5 hits to the head to kill… As we all know, one handed swords do as much damage as two handed hammers.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Torn banner thought giving MAA blunt resist buff was a good idea. Because MAA was too weak against mauls and shouldn’t be one shotted in the torso by the slowest melee weapon in the game. It only makes sense that MAA (a light class) require 2 hits to kill even with heavy weapons. Next thing I see happening is MAA getting ranged weapon resist buff and heavy crossbow no longer one shotting them in torso…

I say make one handers one shot anything and mauls require 5 hits to the head to kill… As we all know, one handed swords do as much damage as two handed hammers.

I sense absolutely no sarcasm in this post.

• Try playing a melee archer and you’ll notice you die in one hit from plenty of stuff: most vanguard weapons, some knight weapons and several projectiles as well.

• @Helgeran:

Try playing a melee archer and you’ll notice you die in one hit from plenty of stuff: most vanguard weapons, some knight weapons and several projectiles as well.

Berserker Archer is BEST archer.

• But that blunt resist buff was definitely needed…I mean it was simply to easy to hit the fastest class in the game with the slowest weapon with a short on the slowest class. I think another blunt resistance buff for MaA would be good. 2 hits is still waaaay too easy. Anytime I play I see Knights with mauls easily owning MaA until they switch to smething else…poor MaA. They should totally have a maneuver with no cooldown and low stamina cost that gets them out of range of pretty much every weapon…

• The maul and the zwei are the only weapons that will 1hk an archer in the body (with normal overhead swings). A handful of weapons will 1hk with headshots.

• @Falc:

But that blunt resist buff was definitely needed…I mean it was simply to easy to hit the fastest class in the game with the slowest weapon with a short on the slowest class. I think another blunt resistance buff for MaA would be good. 2 hits is still waaaay too easy. Anytime I play I see Knights with mauls easily owning MaA until they switch to smething else…poor MaA. They should totally have a maneuver with no cooldown and low stamina cost that gets them out of range of pretty much every weapon…

@NoVaLombardia:

I sense absolutely no sarcasm in this post.

As much as I loved these two posts :D I’d like to underline that if any heavy weapon could OS archers and Maa it would be a bit ridiculous.

• One shotting archers and MAA with the maul with any hit sounds perfectly reasonable to me. (the battle axe should do this also)

I frequently use the javelin for melee purposes and am still very successful even though i get 1-2shot by just about anything.

• @Asmon:

As much as I loved these two posts :D I’d like to underline that if any heavy weapon could OS archers and Maa it would be a bit ridiculous.

Zweihander and bardiche already do it. They’re faster and longer than the maul.

I’m still hoping it’ll come back.

• Archers who doesn’t check their back while firing arrow into the group of enemy deserve a one hit kills from any weapon from behind.

• @gregcau:

In the 1v1 pools tournament it was 90% knights 10% MAA.

This pretty much sums it up. I’m pretty sick of this conversation. I think the majority of players who have played both knight and MAA would acknowledge that MAA is more fun to play. If MAA is more fun to play and so OP, why does everyone play knight?

And archers shouldn’t be able to 1 shot an MAA unless they hit in the head. Play against dofoo and bigs and tell me that archers aren’t OP against MAA. :)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.