Organ damage?

• Hey everybody. How do you think about organ damage? For example:
    -if you hit the heart of your enemy, your enemy will bleed to death

-if you hit the lung of your enemy, your enemy will smother

-you hit your enemy with a bolt your enemy will bleed to death, too. Cuz its a fucking BOLT dont a BOUGH!

Or something other organs.

Some realistic damage zones!
    It would be very nice to play like in the REAL medieval!

Just an idea. :D

• So you wouldn’t mind being a knight and having a archer stab you once, run away and you die?

hmm not sure how fun that would be

• No, the damage-system is ok I think.

• Global Moderator

This game just has a health based damage system. An there are onl 3 areas that do different amounts of damage when hit. Legs, body and head. The neck counts as the head too.

A skeletal/organ damage system woul be awsome. But that would chane the game around a lot and everything would need to be massively rebalanced.

Though just adding more damage areas would be awsome. Like any sharp stab or arrow to the heart. Though blunt weapons would have to not do critical agar on the heart as well they don’t pierce damage.

Through they need to fix the vanguards ragdoll. That always big me how his arms and legs are dangling around.

• Wouldn’t that take away the last bit of armor-simulation there is?

Getting bonus damage on headshots is somewhat reasonable as the head, even when armored, is still relatively vulnerable because the brain and most sensory organs are there.

However, getting stabbed in the heart or lungs despite wearing thick metal armor seems just plain wrong.
    You already die extremely fast in this game. You would feel completely naked if you died even faster.

• Okay, i know what you mean. But it would be nice if they do more damage zones, not only leg, head and body. Some more details.

• If this is implemented, then armour should mean something to. That means archers can’t even hurt a knight in plate armour. Maybe if he has a good aim and hit him in his eye slit or his arm pit, but not even bodkin arrows penetrate plate armour that easily, and when they did, they get stuck in the padding beneath. Same thing with swords, they won’t do anything against plate armour, unless you do a powerful two-handed stab in some exposed part like his arm pit again. Actually, it sounds kind of fun since I love playing as a knight and no one likes archers so… Archers would never ever be a problem for knights again, and even Vanguards would survive since mail is decent against arrows and swords too! Crossbow is another thing though.

But no, I would never like this. It’s enough with the head-torso-leg damage differences we have now. It would only work if they entire combat mechanics were different and if all the armour mattered and protected you realistically.

• Global Moderator

@Don_Kanaille:

Wouldn’t that take away the last bit of armor-simulation there is?

Getting bonus damage on headshots is somewhat reasonable as the head, even when armored, is still relatively vulnerable because the brain and most sensory organs are there.

However, getting stabbed in the heart or lungs despite wearing thick metal armor seems just plain wrong.
    You already die extremely fast in this game. You would feel completely naked if you died even faster.

In suppose your right. I was thinking red orchestra and sniper elite V2. But they don’t wear armour.

And making hits do no damage when hit on armour would make it realistic but take away from gameplay.

And the agathian knight isn’t actually wearing full plate armour. Just his arms and legs. Hes wearing his blue colours then chain mail and under that a thick leather tunic of some kind. Probably a leather coat of plates or studded leather.

And the mason knight and less plates on his arms and legs but it has a stuffs leather coat of plates then chain mail with some plates anround the bottom of his mail shirt. Ful play armour wants around untill the 15th cent heart and their armour looks like its from the 13th century.

• @lemonater47:

And the agathian knight isn’t actually wearing full plate armour. Just his arms and legs. Hes wearing his blue colours then chain mail and under that a thick leather tunic of some kind. Probably a leather coat of plates or studded leather.

And the mason knight and less plates on his arms and legs but it has a stuffs leather coat of plates then chain mail with some plates anround the bottom of his mail shirt. Ful play armour wants around untill the 15th cent heart and their armour looks like its from the 13th century.

How perceptive of you… I feel that the Mason knight should be weaker due to his lack of armour (visually) compared to an Agathian knight. :P I just find it strange how different models somehow share the same stats, similar to how Counter-Strike Terrorist models did not have any headgear but you could still buy kevlar helmets for them. Oh well, it’s probably just an OCD

@SavageBeatings:

Maybe if he has a good aim and hit him in his eye slit

• @Matti:

I feel that the Mason knight should be weaker due to his lack of armour (visually) compared to an Agathian knight. :P I just find it strange how different models somehow share the same stats

The Mason knight is manlier, that’s why. He’s got an extra layer of pure toughness beneath that hauberk, I tell you.

• These types of things always sound very interesting, but really wouldn’t add anything appealing to the gameplay the devs are trying to achieve with this game. If you look at games like ARMA II or whatever, that feature more realistic damage and vitality stats, they’re very simulator-esque. Not the type of fast-paced action that Chivalry embraces.

Keeping it simple is an important aspect in game design!

• This would be cool in a Chivalry Hardcore mode or something like that.