Love the Game, Hate the Community

• For my money, CMW is an excellent game and I am continually pleased by the patching and balancing that TB is and has been implementing. However I am completely floored by the community. After 130 hrs played and reaching level 36, I am repeatedly disappointed by the general population I encounter in game. Now I understand that the Internet is where people come to unleash the most heinous and venomous portions of their souls unto complete strangers but the individuals I meet on a daily basis in CMW push this concept to the next level. When I hop online not a day goes by when I am not vote kicked for no reason or spammed by cries of bug, imba, etc. I usually can push the top spot in my preferred mode of FFA and the hater gene that it seems the majority of people playing this game possess causes them to think that is a perfectly good reason to ban/kick me. Now simply calling a vote for this reason means you’re an @55 h0|e but to get a majority of the vote and actually succeed means that the majority of the players are also a$5 ho1es. I know for the most part this will fall on deaf ears or affect a response along the lies of “welcome to the internet” but if we could all make a conscious effort not to be unduly hateful to one another we will help preserve an intact community and consequently an intact game. You don’t need to stand up to the genuine dregs of this community but do not enable them by going along with irrational and childish behavior.

• I think it’s kind’ve like a chain reaction, a ripple effect. When most people see someone say something completely distasteful with no consequence, they tend to jump in and do the same. I think Lyte from LoL forums made some points on this when discussing player behavior “toxicity” and its Tribunal system.

I think trash talking is a healthy part of any game with “pubs,” but there’s a point where it be pushed too far and it just isn’t tasteful. I think in FFA you’re going to find the worst of the worst because there’s a lot of players with single mindsets (considering there’s no team work) and they’re all trying to get #1, whereas in modes like TO you have a team with a common goal. I never play on FFA servers but I hear votekicks go out like candy to anyone who has a decent KD 'cause everyone thinks they’re hacking.

At the very least, you can mute all now. I tend to ignore most communities when playing games, anyway.

• While doing only duel (5K wins) , I get a lot of complains. My favourite being the accusation of “exploiting the game” with decelerated zwei swings.

Yet, I never got votekicked. Maybe because I tend to ignore the complaining kiddies?

• Hate the game, hate the community, hate the haters.

• I have never really seen someone kicked just because they were doing well. Much more often I see someone team killing and getting a vote called against them and then voted down, then they votekick the person who was getting team killed and started the vote :?

• @Mouchoirsky:

While doing only duel (5K wins) , I get a lot of complains. My favourite being the accusation of “exploiting the game” with decelerated zwei swings.

Yet, I never got votekicked. Maybe because I tend to ignore the complaining kiddies?

Its because in duel mode you cant kick with TAB B, you need to know the console command. You’re a beneficiary of duel mode sucking.

The problem isn’t that the community is particularly hostile, its that 90% of people who play this game are aggressively stupid.

• I don’t know if those who play this game are dumber than any others in any way. What I’m convinced of though is that when you get killed in this game, you really feel it much more than in any other FPS I’ve ever played (and this is especially true in first person).

You actually witness yourself dying whereas you were doing everything (parry, dodge, footwork) to avoid death. But your opponent did crush your skull. Or you’ve been hit by a fucking archer lol what a retarded class.

Hence, in my opinion, the greater reactions from people. This game does emphazise the emotions we usually get when we play a FPS. And that’s why we love it.

• I started playing some CS:GO a while back, and was shocked at how much more awful the players were compared to the CS:Source community. Appalling behaviour in general. They’re like COD players from Xbox Live.

• Are you a person who feintspams? Do you use the overhead lookdown exploit with a maul? If you are doing this or other exploity/dirty tactics then I support the people who want to kick you.

• I’d agree that this game has it’s fair share of trolls and pretentious exploiters, but I guess you just have to soldier on and… win?
    @theuprising:

Hate the game, hate the community, hate the haters.

How ironic :P