Dodge of MAA must be removed.

• Between knights and vangards there is some balance, and archer is archer. But dodge crushes mechanic
    of different weapon. Length of MAA attack = length of weapon+movement+dodge.

• Not sure if you are joking… Dodging is ok in my opinion O_o

• Removing dodge entirely might be a bit overkill, but I agree that the MAA dodge is very overpowered IF used correctly.

• If it were up to me I would get rid of dodge. I’ve never liked the feel of it in this game. It feels like a teleport animation. Its a get out of jail free card with everything to gain and not much to lose. aka easy button

Increase the stamina cost, reduce the range, get rid of back dodge, or just flat out remove the dodge mechanic.

/end opinionated rant

• I say limit what states of attacking you’re allowed to dodge in. Like maybe remove dodging in windup or combo. I also think a decrease in acceleration when dodging would make them look more natural. Well not really. Would still look DBZ.

How dodging works now is very annoying. If you press dodge in a state that you normally can’t dodge in, like attack or parry recovery, it gives you a 2 inch hop and a giant screen shake instead of just not letting you dodge. But aside from the general bugs of dodging, it’s really only ridiculous if you know how to perform the super dodge.

• MAA is the fastest in game. It is enough.
    Knights and vanguards do not have dodge, but they play without it.

• dodging doesnt need to be nerfed any more geez, if anything an increase, god forbid u had to learn how to counter move to defend urself or learn a new strategy to overcome them

• @XaleUdo:

I say limit what states of attacking you’re allowed to dodge in. Like maybe remove dodging in windup or combo. I also think a decrease in acceleration when dodging would make them look more natural. Well not really. Would still look DBZ.

How dodging works now is very annoying. If you press dodge in a state that you normally can’t dodge in, like attack or parry recovery, it gives you a 2 inch hop and a giant screen shake instead of just not letting you dodge. But aside from the general bugs of dodging, it’s really only ridiculous if you know how to perform the super dodge.

Pretty much this.

• The only strategy versus MAA is to use careful of feints with long 2-handed weapon.

• @Artemius:

The only strategy versus MAA is to use careful of feints with long 2-handed weapon.

That’s just wrong O_O I never had problems with MaA… Just good timing, and all the dodging is completely worthless. Don’t attack to agressive, then they dodge right into your face and you can swing at them while dodging. Feints are NEVER, NEVER necessary! :)

• @HammelGammel:

@Artemius:

The only strategy versus MAA is to use careful of feints with long 2-handed weapon.

That’s just wrong O_O I never had problems with MaA… Just good timing, and all the dodging is completely worthless. Don’t attack to agressive, then they dodge right into your face and you can swing at them while dodging. Feints are NEVER, NEVER necessary! :)

You did not fight with pro maa.

• @Artemius:

You did not fight with pro maa.

It ironically works even on them. Except maybe of the feint-facehuggers, but there the dodging is not really the problem :P

• I can kill feint-facehuggers in distance, but with dodge it is sometimes impossible.

• @Artemius:

I can kill feint-facehuggers in distance, but with dodge it is sometimes impossible.

If you look at the 1v1 tournament there were hardly any MAA’s because knights are more powerful.

And there were 0 vanguards - ok I switched to one for fun.

• @gregcau:

If you look at the 1v1 tournament there were hardly any MAA’s because knights are more powerful.

I think that’s more because people usually pick vanguard/knight before man-at-arms, and it discourages new players from using it because of it’s difficult play style, so players often main knight/vanguard. Also there were quite a few vanguards in that 1v1 tournament, unless you’re referring to that really old one. MAA IS the best 1v1 class, a good MAA will almost always decimate a good knight or vangurd.

• @Del:

@gregcau:

I think that’s more because people usually pick vanguard/knight before man-at-arms, and it discourages new players from using it because of it’s difficult play style, so players often main knight/vanguard. Also there were quite a few vanguards in that 1v1 tournament, unless you’re referring to that really old one. MAA IS the best 1v1 class, a good MAA will almost always decimate a good knight or vangurd.

I don’t think so, all the high ranking clan experts picked knights. While a good MAA will decimate an above avg knight I think when it comes to very high level of play their mobility does not compensate enough for their squishyness.

• @gregcau:

@Del:

@gregcau:

I don’t think so, all the high ranking clan experts picked knights. While a good MAA will decimate an above avg knight I think when it comes to very high level of play their mobility does not compensate enough for their squishyness.

Pool 6 had tons of MAAs =p And lots of Norse Swords, I don’t know what the deal was with some of the pools, like the “tons of Mauls” Pool… 3 I think? VGs were pretty well represented though, but Knight is pretty much the most common class across every gametype =p You might still find some servers dominated by all Vanguards all the time if you hang around purely low-levels though.

• I still feel that it isn’t the dodge of the MAA that makes people upset, but the fact that the 1h weapons (Yes even Knight 1h) currently cause the huge face-hugging issues, where you can’t block or parry.
    When face-hugging is sorted out, dodging will be the only mechanic that will make MAA even viable. It doesn’t need to be removed, just tweaked to stop the dodge length inconsistency (Super dodge).

• It is a fact that the maa can use his dodge as a get outta jail free card. It is proven, do whatever attack moves, feints, ducks, combos on the maa and even if he was hit once he could still dodge away. You kick him when he blocks with a shield, he can still dodge away from your swing especially if you are using a two handed. It is really frustrating and the only real tactic to fighting those pro Maas was when you manage to run him outta stamina. But now, with this bonus stamina gain when blocking an attack while at 0 stamina, the maa will still be able to get out with a dodge and it is a real handicap for us other classes to face.

The real problem here is, if dodge was nerfed, the poor and average maa players will not be able to enjoy playing this class. But if dodge remained as it is with its teleporting animation, spammaable cool down, those pro Maa players will Always have that upperhand against even the pros from the other classes.

• @CoolZz:

The real problem here is, if dodge was nerfed, the poor and average maa players will not be able to enjoy playing this class. But if dodge remained as it is with its teleporting animation, spammaable cool down, those pro Maa players will Always have that upperhand against even the pros from the other classes.

In practice, this is not the case at all. MaA players don’t dominate the comp. scene. They’re too squishy.

You have to remember that knights get a “get out of jail free” card too, because they can tank a couple of hits before dying. MaAs can’t.