Is my computer safe from hackers while playing?

• A while back when i used to play on counterstrike hackers were NOTORIOUS and im talking the hackers that went into your IP’s. I had loads of problems of getting people mad then all of a sudden i “lose connection” and none of my servers load…or the exact problem now, they ALL are extremely high pings until i bought new routers.

In chivalry ive always had AMAZING ping. I mean 20s-30s. The other day certain players were getting extremely mad that i was the obvious reason that my team was winning, they tried kicking me, harrassing and all that extra stuff but it never worked. Exactly like Counterstrike…

Although out of nowhere after their failed attempts my ping sky rockets to maybe 200 and im in full matrix mode until i get “lost connection to host” (pretty sure this is a force kick, because it always happens when someones failed attempts to mess with me dont work…) and then my pings were screwd that whole day. Now today, just like yesterday all of my pings are 150-200+ for the LOW ping servers… i try to launch up bf3, all the servers in that game are now 150-200+…and obviously my internet for web browsing is most definitely slower… So my question is…what happend??

• Global Moderator

Well its not hackers.

• no dude, its not safe at all. The hackers can phreak their way into your internet tubes and disrupt your data flow at the root kernel, sending your CPU into overclock and messing with the timings on your ram drive. You need to download more rainbow tables and use it to encrypt your packets or else they’ll get your computer onto their botnet and delete system 32!

• ^ above poster speaks the truth. The interwebz is surius biznis. Gotta watch out for those hackers. But in all seriousness though, is this post a joke? People need to educate themselves a little bit with the computer. It’s not as simple as playing a game and getting hacked. It requires a bit more than that. This game is KNOWN for utilizing too much or not enough cpu usage causing lag spikes, fps drops, performance issues etc… There’s no need to worry, it’s just the shitty coding this game has that causing your computer to go into panic mode.

• It really isnt a joke…This happend in CS literally ALL the time when i would come back to the game. And now it happens here, after yesterdays match where i lost connection and had all those ragers…now my pings are consistant 150-200. The lowest ping server for me is 125…the highest is 700ish. This goes for any game on my cpu…

This modem i got maybe 3 months ago, everything has been perfect, ive got an alienware aurora r4…its a beast. Never had any problem of anything, yet now literally my web browsing is 5-10 seconds slower from just me noticing…I used to go to http://www.pingtest.net/ when BF3 would send me some screwy pings and always ended up with grade A good ping and all. Now it says my ms is 254ish and jitter is 35…with a grade D. This all happend right after the match i played in chivalry. Called comcast, they started up the connection again and even ran any diagnostic and didnt see anything that would be causing all of that. So i dont really know what else to point at besides that something went down in that match.

Like i dont think people understand…ive put well over 400+ hours into this game with my lowest pings being 10-12…highest ever was like maybe 90-100 (blue moon status, only seen it once) And average being about 25-40ish. Now the lowest server i can possibly pick is over any number ive ever seen in any game ive played so either I must have bad luck with modems…or…?

• It’s not hackers. Do you have another device you can test for web browsing while it’s slow on your main computer? Rule out it being your PC. It’s weird because when I update my server list in chivalry, sometimes it’ll lag my PC so everything including web browsing is slowed(if loading at all). If i browse on my laptop or phone it’s perfect.

Try upgrading your modem with latest firmware if possible. Call your ISP and have them run tests on their end. Also, do you have a torrent downloader hiding in your systray? just some ideas.

• this is one of the dumbest thread subjects i’ve ever seen “so far”

• @dirtyjob:

this is one of the dumbest thread subjects i’ve ever seen “so far”

Don’t be too quick. Chivalry Server app has some problems with proper handling commands from unprivelleged users, we saw some random pals crushing server, becoming Administrator, launching in-game events like arrow barrage and more. Maybe even players IP disclosure exploit exist. Knowing OP IP them ‘Ragers’ can buy some DDoS using their credit card and prevent OP from enraging them even more.

• @JCash:

no dude, its not safe at all. The hackers can phreak their way into your internet tubes and disrupt your data flow at the root kernel, sending your CPU into overclock and messing with the timings on your ram drive. You need to download more rainbow tables and use it to encrypt your packets or else they’ll get your computer onto their botnet and delete system 32!

Greatest post ever made on chivalry forums. Signature worthy.

OP you want people to stop DDoSing you? Try acting like a half decent human being and stop trolling people who rage at you for “being too good”, you think you would’ve learned your lesson by now. What a joke.

I can also confirm, having significant knowledge about the interworkings of the UE3 engine and Chivalry, that there is no means for hackers to get your IP clientside. This doesn’t give you a Visa to start trolling people of course, I’m sure they can steal your ip through a steam based exploit or by some other means not related to the game engine itself.

• DDoS would have been picked up by his provider which it was not, this thread is utterly ridiculous

• @Slight:

@JCash:

no dude, its not safe at all. The hackers can phreak their way into your internet tubes and disrupt your data flow at the root kernel, sending your CPU into overclock and messing with the timings on your ram drive. You need to download more rainbow tables and use it to encrypt your packets or else they’ll get your computer onto their botnet and delete system 32!

Greatest post ever made on chivalry forums. Signature worthy.

Definitely one of JCash’s better posts. Pretty funny. I recall people scared to post on forums because they were scared they would get hacked.

Hey but not everyone understands internet protocols and the nature of hacking.

• @dirtyjob:

DDoS would have been picked up by his provider which it was not, this thread is utterly ridiculous

Ridiculous you say? Is that why you dug this thread up from the bottom of page 2?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.