Official Low Rank Servers now available!

• Great news!

I have made 4 low-rank official servers for those who would like to play with those closer to your own rank. Rank 1-20. Two of them are Chicago based and two are UK based (Yes EUROs I remembered you! XD)

Now unfortunately, everyone starts off as Rank 0 and min/max settings don’t quite work if one of them is set to 0… but the good news is we can fix that in the next patch, so in the meantime, at least there are 4 low-rank servers available and anyone above 20 cannot join (I tested it!)

So if you are a low ranked, please join it so I know it’s being used. If they are popular enough, I can always add more. Now you don’t need to worry about getting “pub stomped” by them high ranked individuals!

Oh and all four are classic servers, so you can try out all the maps.

The names are:

Official Classic Rank 1-20 #01 - Chicago (Multiplay)
    Official Classic Rank 1-20 #02 - Chicago (Multiplay)
    Official Classic Rank 1-20 #03 - UK (Multiplay)
    Official Classic Rank 1-20 #04 - UK (Multiplay)

Enjoy!

• Why am i being discriminated against because I have a high rank?

And if all the noms are hiding in their little haven, this game just got a good deal more boring.

• @JCash:

Why am i being discriminated against because I have a high rank?

And if all the noms are hiding in their little haven, this game just got a good deal more boring.

So newbies don’t have to be stomped by you the moment they step in-game?

In all honesty, I have doubts the current influx of players would be big enough to fully utilize the servers. Would have been useful during the last steam sale, but now not so much. :|

• @Wangmaster:

@JCash:

So newbies don’t have to be stomped by you the moment they step in-game?

In all honesty, I have doubts the current influx of players would be big enough to fully utilize the servers. Would have been useful during the last steam sale, but now not so much. :|

Ok then, thats cool. Where are the official r30+ rank restricted servers so high ranks don’t have to be subjected to the ineptitude of new players?

This is separate but equal segregationist philosophy minus the equality. The word for that is oppression.

• @JCash:

@Wangmaster:

Ok then, thats cool. Where are the official r30+ rank restricted servers so high ranks don’t have to be subjected to the ineptitude of new players?

This is separate but equal segregationist philosophy minus the equality. The word for that is oppression.

I don’t think it can be considered oppression if out of 111 official servers, 4 are limited such that up to 24 players below rank 20 can each play with up to 23 other players below rank 20…
    There are unofficial servers and since there was obviously very few people willing to pay for a server with a rank limit as low as 20, I think it’s good that some official servers now fill that role

• @JCash:

Sounds like a clan server would suit you. I hear that the Vq servers welcome any respectable player with open arms and I’m sure that they’d be happy to have you on their servers.

• Can moderators over rank 20 join and sort out disputes, hackers and the like?

• @lemonater47:

Can moderators over rank 20 join and sort out disputes, hackers and the like?

I think this is the part where we say “Oh I forgot about that”.

• Great steps. This should help with retention of new players. :)

• @JCash:

By the way, these low rank servers are voluntary. If people would rather get stomped by high rank players, then there are still plenty of servers out there they can go to.

As for higher ranked servers, I actually am going to make those as well, but these were more important right now.

@Wangmaster:

I understand your concerns, however, I just recently took over control of the servers, so it’s a new development. The next time we have a steam sale or the like, this will hopefully be something that is useful to them. The point is, the option is there :)

@Martin:

@lemonater47:

Actually, this part HAS been discussed, thank you very much :P But obviously, it can’t happen without any kind of coding changes. So no, to answer your questions lemonater, mods over rank 20 can’t at this time, however, it will be implemented in the future for sure. I think we may have a mod or two who are still under 20 though… Lol

@The:

Great steps. This should help with retention of new players. :)

Thanks!

• @Kimiko:

@JCash:

By the way, these low rank servers are voluntary. If people would rather get stomped by high rank players, then there are still plenty of servers out there they can go to.

As for higher ranked servers, I actually am going to make those as well, but these were more important right now.

@Wangmaster:

I understand your concerns, however, I just recently took over control of the servers, so it’s a new development. The next time we have a steam sale or the like, this will hopefully be something that is useful to them. The point is, the option is there :)

@Martin:

@lemonater47:

Actually, this part HAS been discussed, thank you very much :P But obviously, it can’t happen without any kind of coding changes. So no, to answer your questions lemonater, mods over rank 20 can’t at this time, however, it will be implemented in the future for sure. I think we may have a mod or two who are still under 20 though… Lol

@The:

Great steps. This should help with retention of new players. :)

Thanks!

I’m over 20 thank you very much.

• I think this is a great idea. I shall tell my lower level friends to look these servers up until they get used to playing =D

• Great… now all the newbie pancakes are gonna hide in their noob servers. My maul wants to crush them.

Where’s my rank reset button?

Crap.

I agree 100000% with Jcash. We shouldn’t be shut out of games just because of a rank.

No. Just no.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Great… now all the newbie pancakes are gonna hide in their noob servers. My maul wants to crush them.

Where’s my rank reset button?

Crap.

I agree 100000% with Jcash. We shouldn’t be shut out of games just because of a rank.

No. Just no.

Sorry my dear. We can’t please everyone, obviously. I’d rather take the chance of having new players NOT rage quit because they think they can’t ever win due to being pub stomped all the time, than have high ranked players miss out on pub stomping xD

And again, it’s only 4 servers. 2 in each region. I’m sure there will still be plenty newbies for you to crush with your maul.

@b3h47pte:

> I'm over 20 thank you very much.

You didn't have to quote my entire post! Just that lil' snippet :P

• Well done Kimi

• I wonder if you an be on when the game glitches your rank. Yesterday I was rank 11 and today I was rank 0

• @Kimiko:

So great news!

I have made 4 low-rank servers. Rank 1-20. Two of them are Chicago based and two are UK based (Yes EUROs I remembered you! XD)

You should notify the new users who quit of this somehow. Maybe together with a patch newsletter? If it’s at all possible.

• Good news!
    Wait, you took my Chicago servers? NoooOOOOooooo!
    ;)

• @bagetti:

You should notify the new users who quit of this somehow. Maybe together with a patch newsletter? If it’s at all possible.

I’ll make a lil announcement on all our media sites + steam hub regarding the new servers.

@BillDoor:

Good news!
    Wait, you took my Chicago servers? NoooOOOOooooo!
    ;)

Haha yes indeed. But I figured since we had so many that they wouldn’t be missed ;)

• @ReMixx:

@JCash:

Sounds like a clan server would suit you. I hear that the Vq servers welcome any respectable player with open arms and I’m sure that they’d be happy to have you on their servers.

I’d rather cut my own dick off and eat it than play on any clan server– where everyone is an exploiting, cheap, whorish, man child.

clans in this game = some of the lowest forms of “win at all costs” gamer types I’ve ever seen.

Angle exploits, face hugging exploits, weapon exploits, crouch exploits, feint combo exploits – all fair game to clans for a “competitive” edge. They think this makes them good… :x