Weapon Suggestion: Rapier

• Oh, we don’t care about what timeframe the game supposedly takes place in, do we? Then I want a trench knife!

• @KILLBANDS:

@dudeface:

That said, I don’t see it really fitting in well. I’m simply not opposed on principle. While we may have weapons that come from a later time period (saber, you can argue) we don’t have classes that come from those periods. The rapier doesn’t really fit in with any of the classes in this game.

I have to disagree. I think the man at arms would play with a rapier very appropriately.

Maybe even give him some interesting crab man animations to go with it…

Again I really must say I think the Rapier should be a knights fourth primary sword.
    I want 2 be Griffith.
    Man at arms looks gay and doesn’t server it.

• @SavageBeatings:

Oh, we don’t care about what timeframe the game supposedly takes place in, do we? Then I want a trench knife!

Yeah dude!

Chainsaws are bladed lets get them in!

• @KILLBANDS:

The rapier absolutely obliterates plate and around that time was part of its decline.

:o Oh dear lord … No … you … but … that’s an ESTOC … you …
    It burns. Dear lord it burns.

• @BillDoor:

@KILLBANDS:

The rapier absolutely obliterates plate and around that time was part of its decline.

:o Oh dear lord … No … you … but … that’s an ESTOC … you …
    It burns. Dear lord it burns.

sorry dude I meant the platemail they used around that era

i still remain at my point they’re entirely different weapons

• Haha. The knights in this game are a bit… manlier than Griffith. I don’t think a rapier suits them. Doesn’t he have more of a sabre type thing anyway?

• @dudeface:

Haha. The knights in this game are a bit… manlier than Griffith. I don’t think a rapier suits them. Doesn’t he have more of a sabre type thing anyway?

I don’t think they are ;_;
    I’ve told Griffith about what you said…and…he’s on his way to sacrifice your whole family and rape your girlfriend now unless you approve my brilliant sword idea.

• I would rather chop my own hand off than approve that idea.

• @BillDoor:

The Saber acts as a rapier.

+1

• @bagetti:

@BillDoor:

The Saber acts as a rapier.

+1

• @RK:

I’ve told Griffith about what you said…and…he’s on his way to sacrifice your whole family and rape your girlfriend now unless you approve my brilliant sword idea.

What the hell is a griffith?

• @RK:

I don’t think they are ;_;

Lol, that reference. True fan ^^ Guts is cooler tho :<

Anyway if a rapier is added, it would be very similar to the SoW 1h without shield. You might as well use that haha. Besides the looks…… (It looks like the Master Sword, WHO DOESN*T LIKE THAT!!?)

• @KILLBANDS:

@lemonater47:

@KILLBANDS:

implying chivalry follows any actual timeline anywhere weapons are from all over the place

sling is a weapon from 10,000 BC

zweihander is from 14th century

sabers are usually about 3/4 the length of a rapier, are single edged only and shaped. rapiers were long had complex hilt designs and were single, double edged and straight blades.

go away billdurrhurr

It doesn’t matter about how long before the weapon was invented. They still used old weapons back then. And like the halberd which I mentioned the zweihander came about around the same time. Though in history they aren’t always correct and the always go be the earliest known record of it. So weapons could of been made slightly earlier. Though probably only by about 30-40 year maximum. And the halberd and zweihander actually fit in. The rapier would not. Even then the rapier was superceeded by the late 17th century Broadsword.

Though superceeded may be the wrong word. It was originally designed as a dress sword. It was e telly popular by the higher wealth people. The 18th centurary came and war started to break out and the sword became vertually useless and the 17th-18th century broadsword became more popular. And since rapiers were barely used they were passed on down so not many people actually bought them.

The they in the late 18th early 19th century the sabre came along and the rapier had completely gon out of fashion. The sabre was a the new dress sword and it was actually useful In a battle. The sabre had dies out in the 15th century when plate armour was all around and even that couldn’t do much damage again most armoured targets.

And fourth knight primary sword? Its not a bastard sword, its not two handed and any of those swords could chop it in half.

The fact is Chivalry doesn’t follow a timeline or even have any sensical rules to follow in terms of what’s in the game.

The game is about a rebellion when the rebels have a completely different dialect and armour that looks like it came from a different part of the world. None of this actually follows any rules or makes sense the only apparent rule is there’s no guns.

I don’t think the rapier is a gun do you?

Whatever history lesson you’re trying to teach is just proving me right given that the sabre appeared in the 18th century and the rapier was around in the 16th.

It’s like trying to prove a point to a brick wall.

The sabre was around since the 12th century but disappeared in the 15th century. It then came back in the 18th century replacing the rapier as a dress sword but it was actually useful. The rapier was useless in a battle. The sabre was not.

The rapier appeared with the rise of guns. People didn’t wear armour then.

It was a dress sword. Wasn’t used much in a fight. And when it was it was only in a duel.

And again with the timelines you did t listen. There is a difference between less than 100 years ahead and over 300 years ahead.

And it doesn’t matter how long ago the weapon was made. Slings were used for in the medieval period.

• @RK:

Personally, I think the Rapier should be a fourth knight primary sword but that is just my opinion.

I agree sir, This rapier would be just fourth optional knight sword…
    But this is also a nice suggestion,

• Rapiers are not good for knights but for maybe militias or other weaker units who wear lighter armor.

Rapiers are best for their speed and stab… Lots and lots of speedy STAB STAB STAB STAB!.. >.> Cicero thinking happened there…

• I thought rapier’s were more for duelling rather than on the battlefield?

• If they do add the Rapier, it shouldn’t be used in battle, though it should be in a new duel mode for rapiers only. :D

• @gregcau:

@SavageBeatings:

What the hell is a griffith?

Yeah, I am aware of what a griffiN is.