Ty for making archers totally immobile

• You took away feinting out of drawback, but now you don’t let me sprint when I have an arrow draw? I was 1 fuck up away from quitting, and this is probably the last straw :/ This game has changed, and I’m sad.

• wait, you can’t feint while pulling a bow anymore?

gay

• wait a sec, you can still feint, but yeah the sprinting thing while drawing the bow change is lame.

I was under the impression you would still be able to sprint while pulling out the arrow, but not sprinting during aiming it.

• I completely agree with treeoctopus, the inability to sprint while having an arrow drawn is almost game breaking for an archer. When going up against another archer dodging arrows and firing back will be really tough now that you cant sprint

• @NoVaLombardia:

wait a sec, you can still feint, but yeah the sprinting thing while drawing the bow change is lame.

I was under the impression you would still be able to sprint while pulling out the arrow, but not sprinting during aiming it.

you can still feint out of a drawn arrow, but a long time ago you were able to feint MID drawback, and they changed that a few patches ago

• Seems silly that archers should have ever been allowed to sprint with arrow drawn.

• Unfortunately, this is one of those things that was never supposed to exist in the first place, but because it existed for so long, people grew accustomed to it. Can still jump though, which is just as silly because arrows end up in legs instead of heads or you can abuse to quickly jump above rocks and instantly fire.

• It also removes one of the great strengths of the shortbow unfortunately.

It is certainly not realistic, dudeface, but realism doesn’t always equate to fun and balanced gameplay. I personally don’t like this change at all, but we will see how it plays out, I suppose.

• @Tree0ctopus:

you can still feint out of a drawn arrow, but a long time ago you were able to feint MID drawback, and they changed that a few patches ago

You can still ‘feint’ mid draw by switching weapons at least.

• I’m not looking at it from a realism point of view, but rather from one of balance. The bow is a powerful weapon, so there should be some… drawback when using it.

rimshot

• @dudeface:

I’m not looking at it from a realism point of view, but rather from one of balance. The bow is a powerful weapon, so there should be some… drawback when using it.

rimshot

Hahaha, nice pun. I approve.

• I agree 100% with this post. This nerf completely ruins the ability for an archer to dodge arrows, it basically makes the most mobile class the least mobile in my opinion

• @dudeface:

Seems silly that archers should have ever been allowed to sprint with arrow drawn.

Even with Shortbow?
    :|
    I agree with OP.

OFF Topic: Why use the shortbow now?

• @Rodelero:

@dudeface:

Seems silly that archers should have ever been allowed to sprint with arrow drawn.

Even with Shortbow?
    :|
    I agree with OP.

OFF Topic: Why use the shortbow now?

Lol there isnt a reason anymore. I dont really know anyone that would use short bow but in my opinion The big advantage of it would be the ability to get close to your enemy run backwards and load arrows and shoot as many as possible. Now you’re only able to stand there barely able to move…

• @Martin:

Unfortunately, this is one of those things that was never supposed to exist in the first place, but because it existed for so long, people grew accustomed to it. Can still jump though, which is just as silly because arrows end up in legs instead of heads or you can abuse to quickly jump above rocks and instantly fire.

Yeah, jumping needs to go.

• Presumably this was to stop archers from snipping from 3 miles away at melee whilst moving hither and thither making them nearly impossibru to hit by other ranged classes. This was a stupid aspect of the game i’m afraid. I think people will adapt and maybe the short bow will become more relevant if it can get an arrow off faster and then the character can be able to move sooner to continue the moving and shooting aspect mentioned above, but not with as much efficacy as before.

• I never know you can sprint with arrow drawn and never tried it.

So not a problem to me xD

• I approve of this change. Always hated how they harassed melee fights with impunity.

• @Wangmaster:

All archers must die.

+1

• @dudeface:

@Wangmaster:

All archers must die.

+1

MY/SG Player UNITED

ARCHERS MUST DIE!