Problem with running

• Hello!

I started the game as usual this evening, and I had a weird bug.
    The option (don’t know how it is named in english) to activate running with a single left shift press does not seem to work normally.
    At first, I did not understand what was going on but then I understood how it (didn’t) work.
    Instead of two states (walking or running), I have now 4 states activated by left shift. As I can see.

• Normal walk
    • press shift once -> running animation, no running speed
    • a second time -> running animation, running speed
    • a third time -> walking animation, running speed
      here is a video: (sorry for quality, still struggling with conversion)
      KsrxIIwuFsg
      from the start, normal animation, then I press, the sound and animation changes a bit but I do not accelerate, then I press again and I accelerate, then I press it again, the animation changes back but I keep having the running speed.
      After a few games where people killed me while I asked them for help ( 8-) ), a gentle player accepted to observe me: he could effectively see the running animation after the first press, but not the running speed, and after the third press, he would still see me running.

If I may provide any more information about it…

restarted steam and the game, did not correct it.

• Moved to Bug Reports forum.

• I have this same bug since last night, and it has made the game unplayable for me. Awaiting a fix :*(

• Same story here. Appeared immediately after recent update.
    @Cove:

it has made the game unplayable for me.

I have to set toggle sprint check box to 0 and bind sprint to my move forward key. Try it, you gonna like.

• Nice idea :)
    But how do you simply walk, then? :?

• @nightbringer57:

Hello!

I started the game as usual this evening, and I had a weird bug.
    The option (don’t know how it is named in english) to activate running with a single left shift press does not seem to work normally.
    At first, I did not understand what was going on but then I understood how it (didn’t) work.
    Instead of two states (walking or running), I have now 4 states activated by left shift. As I can see.

• Normal walk
    • press shift once -> running animation, no running speed
    • a second time -> running animation, running speed
    • a third time -> walking animation, running speed

I can confirm this and have experienced 100% the same thing both in the beta and in this now “final” patch version and it makes me rage extremely hard. Now I am training my muscle memory to basically press sprint toggle twice, and as soon as it is fixed, I have learned to turn it on/off thanks to this unfixed bug that has been around for weeks.

• As for me, I will use BDrift’trick until this is fixed, but it still wastes my game sometimes :?

• @BDrift:

I have to set toggle sprint check box to 0 and bind sprint to my move forward key. Try it, you gonna like.

Ah, this is genius. Wish I had thought of it!

• I have had this happen as well.

• @BDrift:

Simple and effective, I just wanted to say thanks and feel bad that I didn’t think of this myself, first.

• Yeah toggle running is bugged. I can confirm all written by OP.