So this is as good as it gets?

• @The:

Well, not much that can be done on our end except hope there is a fix they can macguyver together to get smaller updates. If not for download limits that a lot of people have, I’d say just shoot out tons of minor patches even if you have to download most of the game again.

See, the fault is with UE3 and evil ISPs.

Keep in mind that it takes awhile to “cook” each new version of the game and with devs living all over the world, sending various internal versions back and forth over residential internet takes awhile. So cook time + send/receive time = long time. Having them all under one roof with a good business class ISP should eliminate most of this and allow quicker updates.

UE3 has many faults… I hope UE4 fixes them.

• I would be happy if i did not vibrate everytime i touched a step or object.

Really 12 months and that still exists tells me they have no intention of ever investing money to fix chivalry.Instead they are using it as a step to a new project most likely.And then building a new studio is even more retarded.A new studio wont fix chivalry and to be honest i dont give a flying monkey about anything but chivalry.

anyone who bought chivalry hoping for thier money to be re invested should walk away in a few months i know i will.

I mean its such fun being pelted with arrows only for you to swing your zweihander at the archer for him to block it with a small dagger and not be dazed or to lose his arm.

• Also I hope I am not wrong in assuming they have lives outside of their computers.

• @King:

Also I hope I am not wrong in assuming they have lives outside of their computers.

Heritic!!!

They have lives??

People paid them 5 - 10 bucks for a game during a Steam sale, they shouldn’t have lives outside of their work on the game!!!

They should be slaving away for that 5 - 10 bucks!!!

How dare they!!

• @King:

Also I hope I am not wrong in assuming they have lives outside of their computers.

@Cpt-Praxius:

Heritic!!!

They have lives??

People paid them 5 - 10 bucks for a game during a Steam sale, they shouldn’t have lives outside of their work on the game!!!

They should be slaving away for that 5 - 10 bucks!!!

How dare they!!

We are farmers! Dumb duh dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Some people have real jobs where the work 40+ hours a week. Even have to work unpaid overtime! Fucked up right?

• Yeah I work 40 hours a week too…. I sit in front of a computer all day drawing pictures.

It’s a hard knock life. 8-)

[image:2y1skt6r]http://media.giphy.com/media/P7O0xBMhuHStW/200_s.gif[/image:2y1skt6r]

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Yeah I work 40 hours a week too…. I sit in front of a computer all day drawing pictures.

It’s a hard knock life. 8-)

Yep, 45 hours a week, in front of a computer all day, fixing other computers/servers. :D
    Gives me time to browse Chivalry forums ;)

• @NaTe:

Yep, 45 hours a week, in front of a computer all day, fixing other computers/servers. :D
    Gives me time to browse Chivalry forums ;)

Indeed.

But drawing pictures isn’t all I do… I was just being a smart ass

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Indeed.

But drawing pictures isn’t all I do… I was just being a smart ass

Of course, I was not insinuating such things!

Even with working all week, I always find time to spend on Chivalry ;)

• Having them all under one roof with a good business class ISP should eliminate most of this and allow quicker updates.

Off-topic

The studio is in Toronto, Ontario, right?

If my experience, and the experience of most people I know, is valid, they aren’t going to get much out of their ISP. Canada is notoriously bad for overpriced, yet underwhelming, internet speeds and stability (same with cell phones, we are charged some of the highest prices in the world, not just developed economies, but everywhere). Not too mention bandwidth caps that are so low they might as well tell you to just not use the internet.

As an example, I was witnessing that whenever I began to download anything, my speed was being throttled. I pay for the highest speeds (lots of streaming in my house), but was barely getting above 1 mb/s. Called our provider, and they told me they had no idea what was causing the slow down and that it positively couldn’t have been from their end.

I went back to my computer, and suddenly my speed was through the roof. This has happened time and time again.

Maybe their business plans are different, which would sort of piss me off.

At least we have some of the lowest corporate tax rates, though, so they should be able to save money there.

• @rdonnell:

I would be happy if i did not vibrate everytime i touched a step or object.

Really 12 months and that still exists tells me they have no intention of ever investing money to fix chivalry.Instead they are using it as a step to a new project most likely.And then building a new studio is even more retarded.A new studio wont fix chivalry and to be honest i dont give a flying monkey about anything but chivalry.

anyone who bought chivalry hoping for thier money to be re invested should walk away in a few months i know i will.

I mean its such fun being pelted with arrows only for you to swing your zweihander at the archer for him to block it with a small dagger and not be dazed or to lose his arm.

Jeez,
    Grow up and stop moaning the game is fine and very enjoyable besides a few bugs.
    Stop acting like the universe owes you a meaning and that everything revolves around you.

Boy do i find it annoying with arrogant selfish people that cant think outside their own perspective.

• @Wobbler:

Having them all under one roof with a good business class ISP should eliminate most of this and allow quicker updates.

Off-topic

If my experience, and the experience of most people I know, is valid, they aren’t going to get much out of their ISP. Canada is notoriously bad for overpriced, yet underwhelming, internet speeds and stability (same with cell phones, we are charged some of the highest prices in the world, not just developed economies, but everywhere). Not too mention bandwidth caps that are so low they might as well tell you to just not use the internet.

Mine is just fine thank you. http://www.speedtest.net/ gives me 22Mbps download 3Mbps upload.

Anyway because of the relationship between ping and physical location having servers in one spot would make no sense.

• @Triumphant:

I mean, I came from console for the sole reason of Chivalry, and it hasnt let me down an ounce.

Ditto

Now my PS3 thinks I’ve moved and left it behind.

• @gregcau:

@Wobbler:

Having them all under one roof with a good business class ISP should eliminate most of this and allow quicker updates.

Off-topic

Mine is just fine thank you. http://www.speedtest.net/ gives me 22Mbps download 3Mbps upload.

Anyway because of the relationship between ping and physical location having servers in one spot would make no sense.

Honestly, that’s the fluff at least for a consumer and not business. I can deal with slower uploads or downloads, (within reason), I cannot deal with frequent instability and download caps. Do you have either of those? If not, what ISP are you using? And I’m assuming you’re in Ontario too?

• @The:

Honestly, that’s the fluff at least for a consumer and not business. I can deal with slower uploads or downloads, (within reason), I cannot deal with frequent instability and download caps. Do you have either of those? If not, what ISP are you using? And I’m assuming you’re in Ontario too?

Yeah Toronto, Rogers cable. I have the VIP option so faster bandwidth but of course its capped at around 3MB/s.

Stability is a problem sometimes, though usually due to some less than obvious reason (a loose wire outside the house once). Lately my CMW is getting a little jerky, I suspect lag in the connection but not sure yet.

• I’m in winnipeg using student internet with shaw and I get 2mibs download speed but my upload is atrocious. I have been getting lag spikes recently though.

• This thread is now about ISPs and internet speed…

• @Slight:

This thread is now about ISPs and internet speed…

well thats what happens to a topic that was retarded in the first place lol

• @gregcau:

So it’s a good idea to constantly bump a crap, now derailed, thread as a makeshift AOL chat room?

• @Slight:

@gregcau:

So it’s a good idea to constantly bump a crap, now derailed, thread as a makeshift AOL chat room?

lol no but do you expect a mature community for a hack and slash video game?