Just a reminder

• Swings and animations still desynch

Ghost swings still occur with a nearly “every 10 goddamn seconds” frequency

mace stabs

edit: new bug - when struck during release, the enemy will ghost swing with 100% frequency if he is trying to swing.

• Not only that but given their past behavior, I’m assuming there are around 4-5 new game breaking bugs this patch.

• Global Moderator

Every ten seconds?

I might see one over two games.

• @lemonater47:

Every ten seconds?

This isn’t a “reproducible” bug, it’s as common as swinging a weapon in this game. You can’t play without getting phantom swings. So you either don’t know what a phantom swing is or you are flat out lying in an attempt to get some colored text on your profile.

@theuprising:

Not only that but given their past behavior, I’m assuming there are around 4-5 new game breaking bugs this patch.

I’m “100% absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt would stake my life and immortal soul” sure that they do not actually playtest their patches.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

@lemonater47:

Every ten seconds?

This isn’t a “reproducible” bug, it’s as common as swinging a weapon in this game. You can’t play without getting phantom swings. So you either don’t know what a phantom swing is or you are flat out lying in an attempt to get some colored text on your profile.

@theuprising:

Not only that but given their past behavior, I’m assuming there are around 4-5 new game breaking bugs this patch.

I’m “100% absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt would stake my life and immortal soul” sure that they do not actually playtest their patches.

qft, +1

• Honestly I don’t get how patches like this make it to live, surely the developers must test their fixes thoroughly ontop of a beta system to double-check everything but I’m honestly guessing that they don’t, this feels like a huge slap in the face as the Chivalry community has waited for these (and more) bugs to be fixed and they simply aren’t, we just get a useless patch that does barely anything.

• Global Moderator

@Planetus:

Honestly I don’t get how patches like this make it to live, surely the developers must test their fixes thoroughly ontop of a beta system to double-check everything but I’m honestly guessing that they don’t, this feels like a huge slap in the face as the Chivalry community has waited for these (and more) bugs to be fixed and they simply aren’t, we just get a useless patch that does barely anything.

Well you know the patch notes were out for almost a month. Had all that time to complain and say that the things that you wanted fixed weren’t on that list.

The patch only fixes what they said it will fix not anything more. People all over the place with man games on other forums all have the same problem. They think an upcoming path will fix more than the patch notes said it will fix. Then get pissed off about it.

• Lemonater, you keep saying this all over the forum but you fail to realise a few things:

1. The lack of EU beta servers discouraged the majority of EU players from playing in the beta because they can’t even reliably test. On top of that, the beta, even with NA players, was practically empty because the beta is stretched out for so long and there is a lack of notifications (updating an existing thread does not count as a new notification, as very few people actually see it). A further point, is that minus things like alt swings and ghost swings, the beta doesn’t actually change a great deal that impacts gameplay at its core, it’s practically no different to live so you may as well play live where there are more people anyway.

2. The community paid for ‘Chivalry: Medieval Warfare’ and not ‘Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta’. There is no obligation to play the beta and there is no clause anywhere which states the community is responsible for the problems in game. Problems rest solely with the developer, this should be a given.

3. The patch did not fix what it claimed to fix.

4. The patch introduced new bugs.

5. The community is already disappointed as it is because of long wait times between patches and the previous patches introducing new bugs/not fixing what it claims to fix, so when you take into account the previous two points for this patch, you get some pretty annoyed people, which is completely understandable considering we are 7 months down the line.

6. The patches are still missing the absolute most key bug fixes/general fixes/changes which are a complete hindrance to gameplay, one example being the various ballista bugs making the final objective on Hillside just completely frustrating to achieve. Other examples include Bardiche fixes (which is a 2 minute job to change the trace socket and modify some stats, there is no excuse for leaving it to a balance patch), firepot damage/flinching fixes, arrows causing no damage, parries/blocks blocking attacks from behind, really short weapons being able to easily bypass blocks, exploits such as moving while reloading crossbows and attacking and parrying at the same time, feint changes could have easily been integrated with the patch (why make people play for another month or so when we know it’s being changed anyway? at least release it now so it can fixed in the next patch if some things need changing or there’s a couple of bugs with it). Ammo crates still need moving to local timers, there was absolutely no need to remove the ammo crate in the final objective on Stoneshill; issues need to be dealt with at source, and the problem with ammo crates is definitely not unique to the SH final objective (see Darkforest first crate for the most glaring problem - infinite firepots).

• @Martin:

Lemonater, you keep saying this all over the forum but you fail to realise a few things:

1. The lack of EU beta servers discouraged the majority of EU players from playing in the beta because they can’t even reliably test. On top of that, the beta, even with NA players, was practically empty because the beta is stretched out for so long and there is a lack of notifications (updating an existing thread does not count as a new notification, as very few people actually see it). A further point, is that minus things like alt swings and ghost swings, the beta doesn’t actually change a great deal that impacts gameplay at its core, it’s practically no different to live so you may as well play live where there are more people anyway.

2. The community paid for ‘Chivalry: Medieval Warfare’ and not ‘Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta’. There is no obligation to play the beta and there is no clause anywhere which states the community is responsible for the problems in game. Problems rest solely with the developer, this should be a given.

5. The community is already disappointed as it is because of long wait times between patches and the previous patches introducing new bugs/not fixing what it claims to fix, so when you take into account the previous two points for this patch, you get some pretty annoyed people, which is completely understandable considering we are 7 months down the line.

6. The patches are still missing the absolute most key bug fixes/general fixes/changes which are a complete hindrance to gameplay, one example being the various ballista bugs making the final objective on Hillside just completely frustrating to achieve. Other examples include Bardiche fixes (which is a 2 minute job to change the trace socket and modify some stats, there is no excuse for leaving it to a balance patch), firepot damage/flinching fixes, arrows causing no damage, parries/blocks blocking attacks from behind, really short weapons being able to easily bypass blocks, exploits such as moving while reloading crossbows and attacking and parrying at the same time, feint changes could have easily been integrated with the patch (why make people play for another month or so when we know it’s being changed anyway? at least release it now so it can fixed in the next patch if some things need changing or there’s a couple of bugs with it). Ammo crates still need moving to local timers, there was absolutely no need to remove the ammo crate in the final objective on Stoneshill; issues need to be dealt with at source, and the problem with ammo crates is definitely not unique to the SH final objective (see Darkforest first crate for the most glaring problem - infinite firepots).

This.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

@theuprising:

You know that is SlyGoat’s entire job, right? I can SEE him playtesting on my friends list lol

• @Daiyuki:

@Mike_Effing_Jones:

@theuprising:

You know that is SlyGoat’s entire job, right? I can SEE him playtesting on my friends list lol

Tell him he’s doing bad job.

• Global Moderator

@Martin:

Lemonater, you keep saying this all over the forum but you fail to realise a few things:

Well this is an indie game.

And look around. Almost all games these days come out in need of patches.

Games don’t release as almost perfect anymore. They come out as good enough for now. That’s how the industry works now. There is nothing anyone can do to change that.

Some people don’t appreciate how hard it is to find and fix bugs sometimes. As they can’t always be reicated when you wan them to. Especially with the unreal engine which is an unstable engine in the first place. An indie developer trying to make a game in the unreal engine would make many try and commit suicide.

• @lemonater47:

Well this is an indie game.

And look around. Almost all games these days come out in need of patches.

Games don’t release as almost perfect anymore. They come out as good enough for now. That’s how the industry works now. There is nothing anyone can do to change that.

Some people don’t appreciate how hard it is to find and fix bugs sometimes. As they can’t always be reicated when you wan them to. Especially with the unreal engine which is an unstable engine in the first place. An indie developer trying to make a game in the unreal engine would make many try and commit suicide.

A real and serious issue is that the game isn’t getting better no matter how many times people say “BUT THE HALBERD PRE CU-1, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THAT HALBERD”

patches come out, a couple of things might get fixed, but many OBVIOUS bugs join the ranks with each patch. Moonwalking nonsense is in this, I’ve seen people doing it accidentally and figure out how it happened within 10 minutes. Not some rank 80 wizard tier player that pushes the game to the limit, but a rank 20 something vanguard that didn’t know how to switch to fists.

• @lemonater47:

@Planetus:

Honestly I don’t get how patches like this make it to live, surely the developers must test their fixes thoroughly ontop of a beta system to double-check everything but I’m honestly guessing that they don’t, this feels like a huge slap in the face as the Chivalry community has waited for these (and more) bugs to be fixed and they simply aren’t, we just get a useless patch that does barely anything.

Well you know the patch notes were out for almost a month. Had all that time to complain and say that the things that you wanted fixed weren’t on that list.

The patch only fixes what they said it will fix not anything more. People all over the place with man games on other forums all have the same problem. They think an upcoming path will fix more than the patch notes said it will fix. Then get pissed off about it.

I’m just sayin’, they didn’t even fix half of the things they set out to fix, sprint drawing is still able to be used, ghost swings are still prevalent and many more; don’t get me wrong I’m not angry that fixes I wanted didn’t make it in, I’m angry that the fixes I wanted fixing WERE in the list and were SUPPOSED to be fixed and yet they weren’t.

Also to that moonwalking shit that’s going on, you can also use it while drawing bows giving you a completely fucked up animation and free sprint draw no matter the direction you move, I’m not quite sure how you can fuck up so badly tbh.

• Global Moderator

@Planetus:

@lemonater47:

@Planetus:

I’m just sayin’, they didn’t even fix half of the things they set out to fix, sprint drawing is still able to be used, ghost swings are still prevalent and many more; don’t get me wrong I’m not angry that fixes I wanted didn’t make it in, I’m angry that the fixes I wanted fixing WERE in the list and were SUPPOSED to be fixed and yet they weren’t.

Also to that moonwalking shit that’s going on, you can also use it while drawing bows giving you a completely fucked up animation and free sprint draw no matter the direction you move, I’m not quite sure how you can fuck up so badly tbh.

Moonwalking isn’t a game breaking issue. And the moonwalking doesn’t work on singleplayer either.

With ghost swings there were many causes of them. They only fixed one cause. And its not even the most common cause.

And sprint drawing isn’t even on the list of fixes.

Why are people annoyed now? Why weren’t you annoyed weeks ago when they released the patch notes?

• @lemonater47:

Moonwalking isn’t a game breaking issue. And the moonwalking doesn’t work on singleplayer either.

You realise that when you do that glitch you can sprint around in any direction while still recovering both health and stamina? That’s pretty gamebreaking.

• And sprint drawing isn’t even on the list of fixes.

Yes it is.

• @lemonater47:

With ghost swings there were many causes of them. They only fixed one cause. And its not even the most common cause.

And sprint drawing isn’t even on the list of fixes.

Why are people annoyed now? Why weren’t you annoyed weeks ago when they released the patch notes?

You really are joking right? Moonwalking allows you to sprint in all directions while regenerating health and stamina, you can also draw a bow while moonwalking allowing you to permanently sprint in all directions while firing arrows, the fact that you cannot use it in singleplayer is completely irrelevant in a multiplayer game.

Sprint drawing is on the list of fixes if you check it again and yet you can still sprint draw every 2 or 3 arrows.

Why am I annoyed now? did you read my above post at all? they have not fixed some of the issues they have claimed to of fixed in the patch notes, and also introduced a bug that is (although you do not think so) a pretty big deal.

• Can you crybabies stop hijacking my thread.

Phantom swings are a 100% occurrence when striking an enemy on his “release” phase

Parry/riposte phantom swings exist in anyone (EDIT:) PARRYING

A metric fuck-ton of map bugs per TO map.

Fringe (not rarity) cases of collision on swing causes desynch

Jumping while touching a player’s hitbox freezes your movement

etc