What happened to block after patch?

• After this patch it seems it is even more impossible to block facehug attacks. Block seems to fail a lot more, and not only with facehug attacks also with attacks that before the patch seemed quite casual and straightforward to block. It seems I am getting less and less of the game mechanics with each patch.

I thought you asked for ways to fix facehugging, but this patch seems to have made it even easier to exploit using it.

• Facehugging attacks seem just as impossible to block now as before the patch. Nothing changed I believe.

• Patch is good, quit the noob rage plx. Great work TBS! Keep it up!

• Doesn’t seem any worse for facehugging, but maybe a little better for general use? Not sure. Seems I’m blocking attacks that come in from wider angles now.

• @dudeface:

Doesn’t seem any worse for facehugging, but maybe a little better for general use? Not sure. Seems I’m blocking attacks that come in from wider angles now.

Yeah, finally 120 FOV settings work as they should.

• It feels like blocking wider swings is easier, and the timing window for a block is increased? I’ve kind of noticed I’m blocking attacks even if I begin my parry at what I considered too early before.

I think facehugging just takes some practice to get used to. It doesn’t much affect me anymore, unless it’s an archer with a cugel or something ridiculous like that.

• the issue they fixed with facehugging was being able to clip THROUGH a shield with stabs and such so that the weapon started beyond your shield or parry.

Facehugging tactics to get around shields isn’t a bug.

• Global Moderator

They didn’t change anything to do with facehugging.

They just made sure that attacks that are coming straight That you know you blocked actually get blocked more often. Rather than just going through it.

Facehugging, axes and the falchion need some work though. They can get power party’s a lot easier than other weapons.

• @lemonater47:

Facehugging, axes and the falchion need some work though. They can get power party’s a lot easier than other weapons.

I haven’t had any trouble blocking any weapons, except the morning star, but that’s because its gay.

• Global Moderator

@NoVaLombardia:

@lemonater47:

I haven’t had any trouble blocking any weapons, except the morning star, but that’s because its gay.

Those weapons are just harder. And face hugging makes it harder too. Facehugging used to almost be impossible to block. But they change that in a previous path but it was still harder.

The falchion’s tracers are just really iffy. And axes seem to go past party’s easier. That’s why I like using them. The hatchet is good as you pretty much have to be facehugging the person to use it and axes are harder to block. I haven’t looked at their tracers though.

And the morning star is just a really long 1h weapon. Its pretty much the size of the broadsword. But as its a mace it does more damage against heavier classes. Rather the never classes have less resistance against blunt weapons.

• @lemonater47:

Facehugging used to almost be impossible to block.

Correction; you were able to stab through shields at facehug, which as been fixed. Facehugging was not the cause of being almost impossible to block, most of the issue was actually due to unintentional alt swing animation exploiting, or trying to reactively block really fast weapons with high ping.

So, most likely, you just got better, started playing with lower ping and/or got griefed by animation exploiters.

• Global Moderator

@NoVaLombardia:

@lemonater47:

Facehugging used to almost be impossible to block.

Correction; you were able to stab through shields at facehug, which as been fixed. Facehugging was not the cause of being almost impossible to block, most of the issue was actually due to unintentional alt swing animation exploiting, or trying to reactively block really fast weapons with high ping.

So, most likely, you just got better, started playing with lower ping and/or got griefed by animation exploiters.

I play simcity. This game is near perfect compared to that.

An yeah I solve problems. And I play differently than everyone else. Swing miss combo with ducking I what I do. Works so well against an MAA that dodges towards you. You miss they dodge towards you and you cut their head off or stab them. Works really well with the claymore or sword of war.

I only really used a shield when there are archers that could actually hit something. Or when I’m using a javelin or flail obviously.

What I did with alternate swing is that you don’t expect it. I don’t instinctivly block it I actually have to think I need to turn and block that as usually most people are facing closer to the way normal swings come from.

I’m in New Zealand and most of the servers aero in Australians my ping is usually 70. There aren’t that many clans and they don’t usually have secrets. There’s about 3 clans that are actually good. And members of those clans actually swap between them. But they are mostly level 45 players who have flub a particular playstyle and use it all the time. Though none o them use alt attacks that much. Pretty much never. A lot of them fient or the jump and stab. There’s a maul user who ducks you attacks winds up while he is ducking and stands and hits you. I overcome that guy with a horizontal swing then feint its stab back and do an overhead while he’s not looking. As an he ducks he looks down so he can’t see me changing my attack. There’s a ninja crossbowman guy but he takes advantage of a few minor exploits. Though now you can’t sprint while aiming so he can’t do that. E also looks up while reloading so he can see and be sprints and reloads so he can move while reloading though slowly. But he’s the guy who will jump off a cliff shoot your freind in the face wgile he’s falling and murder you with his shortsword. There’s also a good bearded axe user. He newt used the ealier exploits with it but he does do lookdown overheads and he feints. He’s a sneaky bastard and you usually need a secondary weapon to take him out. There’s a god of the claymore and what’s best to do is turn an run yelling help hoping he comes across someone else or gets murdered by archers. He only finest when he feels threatened. And that’s very rare. After countless times in an FFA with those players and players like them you learn to adapt. You learn their weaknesses. So its no differet from people using exploits.

I’m not the kinda guy who says he’s using an exploit this game is broken RAGEQUIT. I try thinking of ways to get around him by trial and error. There are players out there that are far better than those who use the exploits.

An New Zealand an Australia are pretty much in the dark about most of the exploits anyway. And we also have one f the better communities out there when it comes to behaving and fairness in votekicks. Most of us want a proper reason before we vote rather than just spam yes all the time. And if of know us kiwis and Aussies we are at each others throats almost all the time in other aspects such as sport.

• @NoVaLombardia:

the issue they fixed with facehugging was being able to clip THROUGH a shield with stabs and such so that the weapon started beyond your shield or parry.

reaching your hand through a shield hand hitting someone isnt a bug ? lol

iROLL

• @lemonater47:

I’m in New Zealand and most of the servers aero in Australians my ping is usually 70. There aren’t that many clans and they don’t usually have secrets. There’s about 3 clans that are actually good. And members of those clans actually swap between them. But they are mostly level 45 players who have flub a particular playstyle and use it all the time. Though none o them use alt attacks that much. Pretty much never.

You must have not versed me yet, I am one of the biggest alt swing users in Australia I think. :P

I used to be really annoyed with the over level 40 players in Aus, as the majority of them fought like wankers, and were egotistical. Recently though, they seem to have all come back to reality and enjoy playing with people on an even playing field.

Come join the Aussie classic duel servers. :D

• @BandOfTheHawk:

@NoVaLombardia:

the issue they fixed with facehugging was being able to clip THROUGH a shield with stabs and such so that the weapon started beyond your shield or parry.

reaching your hand through a shield hand hitting someone isnt a bug ? lol

iROLL

Good job on not reading the part out where clipping through shields has been fixed, and was definitely a bug.

Explain to me how facehugging and using horizontal strikes to swing AROUND (not through) a shield is a bug?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.