Ability additions

• I’d like to suggest an active ability for those that don’t have one and a passive for maa

reason: Maa have dodge and no passive other classes have passive and no active

Vanguard: Disarm press ‘v’ during attack wind up to turn the swing in to a disarming strike forces switch to secondary or primary weapon if parried can’t switch back until returned to idle or 15 seconds which ever is sooner if disarmed twice switches to fists.(unequips(breaks) shield if blocked no damage if unblocked) costs 50 stamina

Reason: big heavy weapons vs smaller weapons = no more smaller weapon.

Archer: Sabotage press ‘v’ over a fallen enemy to don their gear…(lol sorry it synergizes with the passive) costs all stamina stamina max cut in half and slightly slower movement name is red with a tinge of blue if mason and vice versa for agathans if killed by a teammate does not add to their team damage.

Reason: Synergizes with the seldom used backstab passive and makes to maps a bit more interesting.

Knight: cripple press ‘v’ during attack wind up to reduce movement speed on hit and prevents jumping but must hit legs. 25 stamina
    Reason: an equalizing factor against the faster classes. an expert of combat knows that if there is a way to remove an enemies advantage over you, you do it.

MAA: Agile you can jump higher.
    Reason in medieval warfare the maa were the front line soldiers, allow maa to be able to jump in to certain spawn areas to harass the other teams from quite literally the front lines.

• I don’t think this game needs active abilities for each class. Besides, they all seem slightly overpowered, especially the archer’s ridiculous ability that allows him to wear another classes gear. I couldn’t read half of what you were saying. Sorry! :?

• Global Moderator

Vanguard doesn’t have a passive but an active one. Charge is what I call an active ability.

Disarming? Making archers even more useless in melee.

Achers donning others gear. So archers running around in knight armour?

Crippling would be a bitch.

And MAA having higher jump to get in each others spawn. You encourage spawn camping.

• I would like to see evolution of the melee options each class has, but 3 out of 4 of those are overpowered.

• @lemonater47:

Vanguard doesn’t have a passive but an active one. Charge is what I call an active ability.

Disarming? Making archers even more useless in melee.
    Yup for all of a vanguards stamina you can make anyone fists but if they don’t parry it it does no damage, seems like a high risk high reward. Or you know archers could avoid melee with vanguards gives a semblance of balance since vanguards are an archers favored target.
    Achers donning others gear. So archers running around in knight armour?

Their inexperience with the armour negates any boost and carrying around a bow as a knight would immediately give you away,

Crippling would be a bitch.
    As it should be but a strike to the legs deals less damage and the attack takes 25 stamina

And MAA having higher jump to get in each others spawn. You encourage spawn camping.
    Do you really think a group of maa’s would last a long time in another groups spawn? How would this be any different than hillside or stones hill or dark forest where you can hang back or even stand under the spawn point achieving the same effect. this would allow defending maa to be a more disruptive force, hell it would be even more ineffective if people just ignore the maa and run along. Not only that but higher jumps will assist in combat

• @gregcau:

I would like to see evolution of the melee options each class has, but 3 out of 4 of those are overpowered.

They’re balance by the stamina costs I tried to make them no more OP than dodge except the archer one which relies on meta game a bit but would just be a more consistent way of getting the back stab bonus, If you could descript how they’re op I could increase the stamina costs,

The vanguard one does no damage if not parried since it targets the weapon
    The archer one cuts stamina in half once used
    MAA and other classes can already get pretty much inside people’s spawns now this would just allow them to actually get over the obstacles in some maps.

the only one that I think could be considered over powered would be the knight, I had trouble thinking up a knight one and it was either cripple or a strikethrough(25 stamina deal 1/3 damage through parries v during windup) since knights are tanky taking away something from foes that is a definitive counter to tanky-ness seemed logical but i’m still not quite sure how much it should reduce by.

I’d also like to add if you don’t like my idea’s or think they’re op feel free to suggest alternatives, it is a public forum for discussion of ideas.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.