What is your playstyle?

• I’ve been thinking about peoples style of playing, and how it relates to the classes they choose.

Every game I’ve ever played, I’ve always liked the big ugly bruisers with big weapons that do a shit-ton of damage. That playstyle was always much more satisfying for me than dancing around with some rogue class, killing your enemy with a thousand little cuts. Even in the vast majority of shooter games, I like playing with fairly short range weapons that deal a crazy high amount of damage, like shotguns. It’s just more fun for me.

In Chivalry, I’ve shifted slightly from the “all damage, no speed” thing to a more flexible style. I still play the knight almost exclusively, but I use a long sword or sword of war because they are so goddamn flexible that they never screw you over in any situation.

So anyway, I’m assuming that everyone has a favorite class in this game.

Why do you think you like that class so much?

What would you say is your playstyle?

Is your favorite class influenced by some playstyle that you naturally gravitate towards?

• W+M1. Occasionally I duck.

• I have perfected nagare-boshi in the Kogan style, let all who challenge me come away as a lesser man as living testament to my skill.

• LMB mashing

I kid

When I first starting playing it was always VG, since then I have shifted to Knight due to the ability of having a shield. 99% of the time my prime set up is one slow weapon one fast weapon. Depending on the situation that changes.

• Hiten Mitsurugi-ry?.

• I still prefer the knight, the main reason is his arsenal: Great swords, fantastic pole axe, bearded axe, the maul is fun (sometimes…) and his secondaries are viable as primaries too.

Lately I´ve been practicing more MAA - broadsword style of play. It is so much fun to hack and slash the shit out of people, doesn´t matter that it takes 4 hits to kill a knight, let me prepare him before he goes in the soup that´s gonna be served for lunch :D .

Now I try to combine knight and MAA: I play a lot more as a knight with the broadsword: Extreeeemely effective, nobody expects that. You have the weapon speed of MAA and a shit ton of armor on, you can take down just about anyone :)

• I try to stay adaptable to the situation, though most of the time I find myself sitting in the VA/KN corner because I know I’m a fumbly guy and need that little extra health to compensate for missteppings.

Also I wub the Poleaxe because it features all three attacktypes and allows me to take on different kinds of enemies without shifting too much.

With secondaries, I just push my luck usually, hoping that either that one or this one will work out, though I usually don’t have the time to make it to the secondary once I’ve engaged my enemies.

• @OMTHUR:

I try to stay adaptable to the situation, though most of the time I find myself sitting in the VA/KN corner because I know I’m a fumbly guy and need that little extra health to compensate for missteppings.

Also I wub the Poleaxe because it features all three attacktypes and allows me to take on different kinds of enemies without shifting too much.

With secondaries, I just push my luck usually, hoping that either that one or this one will work out, though I usually don’t have the time to make it to the secondary once I’ve engaged my enemies.

I really used to like the poleaxe a lot, but after that one patch, for some reason I could no longer play with it. I liked it for the same reason as I like the LS and SoW; it was crazy versatile. I like having a single weapon that works in all situations.

I don’t like specialized weapons.

• I LIEK TWO RUN ARAND BETWEEN DOOLISTS AND SHOUT IMMA CHEARLEADR!!!

• I main knight, 2-hand is fun, but a skilled feinter/dragger will totally screw my parry-timings, so I use a shield when I want to be as effective as possible.

I play a rather shifty style, usually, I`ll approach carefully and choose terrain to fight on as best as possible (unless I need to get an objective or something similar, I tend to always go for the map goal).
    However, when I engage, I do it as agressive as possible, idealy not stopping to combo unless I need to parry. I use offensive feints rarely, only when I really need to break an enemy, which makes them usually pretty deadly as they are unexpected.
    However, if the fight goes on for longer I often break off from my enemy to regain stamina, study his moves and maybe provoke a mistake. I try to have an eye on the surrounding and disengage if needed; since I try to die as rarely as possible, so I tend to regen after a fight bevore engaging again.

I am also super careful around team mates.

I use the range of my bastard swords to my advantage, which is, especially one-haned, often underestimated and has a good chance of getting an opening hit with a stab. Either that, or a fast hard-hitting one hander to get around the sides of an enemy or get in sneaky stabs. Since I tend to engage fully-healed, I am prone to put myself at risk and go for hit trades that favor me slightly just to unnerve my enemy (or to have a chance at all, like against good MMAs). After the fight, I try to treat everybody with respect unless he/she is a total dick.

It really seems to be a mixture of careful engaging, choosing battles, choosing terrain and then furiously bull-rushing my enemy until one of us is dead or we both give each other a break to repeat the circle. That at least is how I precieve it.

Also, I do shenanigansif I feel like it^^

• i’m from the arnold rimmer school of combat. a vanguard with a very,very long spear which allows me to be at the front AND the back at the same time. brilliant!!! i like nothing better than coming in late to a fight and stabbing my opponent, (who, ideally is looking the other way, already in a fight AND low on hit points), in the back or side to finish them off. gaming doesn’t get any better than that.
    hail to the king baby

• i run onto the battlefield yelling 'I LIKE APPLE PIE !!!"
    then continue to kill everybody i see.

I dismember them, decapitate them, murder them, eat their corpses, spit them out, dance around them, set them on fire, teach them how to doggy, get up, get up, and get down, and finally: i have a fine cup of tea.

After that i take drugs and set my house on fire :berz: :berz: :berz: :berz: :berz:

• This guys flippin mad

• @Triumphant:

This guys flippin mad

talking about me? hMMMMMM??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

seriously though, this forum could use a(n over)dose of humour and silliness.
    Best way to deal with the negativity of the trolls 8-)

And I sometimes really do run into battle yelling ’ i like applepie’
    i also decapitate and dismember people in game. As do you i suppose? 8-)

• @Woodzi:

@Triumphant:

This guys flippin mad

talking about me? hMMMMMM??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

I run into battle singing Wars classic song, “Why Can’t We Be Friends?”, and get chopped to bits by all of these war mongering pigs.

• @Goatamon:

I run into battle singing Wars classic song, “Why Can’t We Be Friends?”, and get chopped to bits by all of these war mongering pigs.

haha, one of those war mongering pigs would probably be me…I would sing you a funeral song though, to ease the pain :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj6BP60NhrY

• I play as a zwei VG and rush TO objectives as fast as possible. If there are enemy archers I try to smoke them out and butcher them ruthlessly.

My favourite thing to do is run in between enemy knights and cut down the helpless archer behind them, who foolishly expected his teammates to actually stop me and neglected to switch to his secondary weapon.

I don’t know if I have a particular playstyle in videogames that caused me to choose this style here. In Planetside 2 I play as an engineer.

• @Woodzi:

@Triumphant:

This guys flippin mad

I mean, I regularly switch an Andrea Bocelli song up on full volume, and proceed to chase my cat around with a mallet and a washing-bin lid roaring ‘FOR THE ORRRRRDAAAAAARRRRRRRR’, but thats well within the realms of acceptability and sanity. You however, you’re nuts.

• @Triumphant:

You however, you’re nuts.

I like nuts……

[image:2qwylx3d]http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/crave/mixed_nuts.jpg[/image:2qwylx3d]

• @Woodzi:

@Goatamon:

haha, one of those war mongering pigs would probably be me…I would sing you a funeral song though, to ease the pain :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj6BP60NhrY

I like the funerary dirge. It would make sure that everyone understood that I kicked ass.

At pacifism.