[POLL] Man at Arms Weaponry

• I did start a similar vote for ranged weapons (Archer) here:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=13064

Here I want to ask the same for the Man at Arms main weapons (also if used by Vanguards or Knights as secondary). The subject of the poll is overall efficiency not the best niche performance (as there are too many niches).

Everyone got 3 votes and the poll will be active for 28 days.

• I definitely go with the norsesword simply for it’s amazing speed.
    But in reality, all maa weapons are very, very effective, simply because 1h can often bypass even the most accurate of blocks when up close, whether you did it intentionally or not.
    It will be interesting to see the effectiveness of maa weapons after face-hugs are fixed (praying that they actually will be that is).

• Personally, I find myself using the broadsword more often than any other weapon in the MaA’s arsenal simply for it’s versatility. It’s simple, easy to use, and fun. :3

I used to prefer the Flanged Mace, though, but I believe it got a tiny damage nerf a few patches before…? Or maybe it’s just me, but it just doesn’t hit knights and vanguards as hard as I remember it used to.

• In the other polls it looked like damage output and balanced stats were key to get a strong allround weapon. While still a factor here there is another one: Broadsword and Dane Axe got the most votes. So maybe for onehanded weapons reach is a bigger factor. At least for every row the weapon with the most reach won.

On the other side like the Sword of War the Broadsword might win just by design and the Dane Axe actually is the most balanced axe.

• I used to love the dane axe, but the new animations for it make it feel weird and I hate it.

Lately, I’ve been using flanged mace and morning star a lot…

• I see Slygoat voted for the quarterstaff…

• Flanged mace, Falchion, Hatchet.

Flanged mace just drops knights/vans like nothing. Falch has been kinda OP for a while. Hatchet is so fast and damaging, you can just eat people with it.

@Slaughtervomit:

I used to love the dane axe, but the new animations for it make it feel weird and I hate it.

Same. I dont even know what they did to it but after the animation change i couldn’t use it.

• Apparently the Falchion is a bit OP. Not sure why that is, but I love using it. A successful stab kill feels so satisfying.

• Been using Broadsword sence release

• @DaciaJC:

Apparently the Falchion is a bit OP. Not sure why that is, but I love using it. A successful stab kill feels so satisfying.

Its a cool weapon but people hate it. Some guys wanted to kick me because I used it today. They even said it would use hacks. Apparently they banned it whenever possible and were not used to fight the weapon at all. Combined with the high damage (second most damage output for onehanded weapons) and the sometimes odd animations the weapon did wreck them.

For some reason nobody cries as much about the War Axe which is similar but does even more damage. Maybe it because of the War Axes short reach and poor stab.

• I can only choose three options? Everything but the Quarterstaff are completely viable weapons.