Five Serverlist Suggestions

• I bought Chivalry a couple of weeks after it came out, and a few things have ALWAYS bothered me about the serverlist.

1. Blacklist
      Nothing is more annoying than to have to look at servers you know you don’t like (because of consistently high ping, you don’t get along with that community, etc…)

2. Quick refresh
      Often times I end up missing a server I’d like to play on because the serverlist took so long to load completely. Due to the way the servers jump around when sorted (say by players or ping) I normally have to wait for it to finish. A quick refresh, one which just updated the existence and player count of the server (this plays into my next suggestion.)

3. Persistent serverlist
      Having to load [sometimes] a hundred servers gets old. This, combined with a quick refresh, would make it much easier to get in the action quick.

4. Persistent favorites
      I don’t know why it takes 45 seconds to populate my favorites list (with only 2 servers.)

5. Server Name Filters (include and Exclude)
      The lack of any kind of name filter really makes it hard to pinpoint the servers you want to play on. 8AM in GMT-6 is not a popular time for US servers. 90% of what I see at that time is UK, Germany, France… and I get terrible pings on them (I have been banned for my ping; only on European servers.) The ability to exclude anything that says “X” or to look for No Archer servers only is invaluable.

Thanks for your time, devs!

• @Seraephus:

1. Blacklist
      Nothing is more annoying than to have to look at servers you know you don’t like (because of consistently low ping, you don’t get along with that community, etc…)

I wonder if you mean high ping or low ping…

• In the spirit of positive forum posting I’m TOTALLY not going to comment on the in-game browser (although just fixing OP’s #2 would resolve my biggest issue).

Instead, I offer:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

• @bagetti:

@Seraephus:

1. Blacklist
      Nothing is more annoying than to have to look at servers you know you don’t like (because of consistently low ping, you don’t get along with that community, etc…)

I wonder if you mean high ping or low ping…

Good point, I should have proofread more. I did mean “consistently high ping.” Thanks!