Walk button option

• 90 % of the time in the game I run. For me, this makes it a pain to always hold down a button all the time. So now I’ve even set W to Move Forward and Sprint. The bad thing about this is that when I actually want to not sprint, I’ve assigned another button to just Move Forward. This solution is also kind of frustrating.

So what I think would be really really neat would be an option to always sprint, except when holding down a button. Kind of like it is now, but reversed.

What do you all think of this idea?

• The solution is to make sprint slowly drain stamina.

• @spunit:

90 % of the time in the game I run. For me, this makes it a pain to always hold down a button all the time. So now I’ve even set W to Move Forward and Sprint. The bad thing about this is that when I actually want to not sprint, I’ve assigned another button to just Move Forward. This solution is also kind of frustrating.

So what I think would be really really neat would be an option to always sprint, except when holding down a button. Kind of like it is now, but reversed.

What do you all think of this idea?

Bind a second key for sprint (shift for me). Now when you want to walk, press sprint and keep pressing w. TADA now you are walking until you let go of w.

That is how I got me a working toggle sprint for now. You cannot use that key setting as MaA though, as you can’t dodge forward while sprinting.

• @bagetti:

The solution is to make sprint slowly drain stamina.

What… ?

• Bind a second key for sprint (shift for me). Now when you want to walk, press sprint and keep pressing w. TADA now you are walking until you let go of w.

That is how I got me a working toggle sprint for now. You cannot use that key setting as MaA though, as you can’t dodge forward while sprinting.

I tried to bind 2 sprink keys, but I can’t see any solution on how to get this working like a Always sprint + a walk button. Am I misunderstanding you? Are you able to do this?

• It is like a “toggle-walk-until-you-stop-moving-forward-button”. Since there is only one situation in this game where you do not want to sprint (regen health while moving to the next objective/battle) it is sufficient imho.

So once more:

-bind sprint to w
    -bind sprint to shift(or whatever you like)
    -press w(and keep pressing)
    -press shift once
    -now you are walking until you stop pressing w

• @Falc:

It is like a “toggle-walk-until-you-stop-moving-forward-button”. Since there is only one situation in this game where you do not want to sprint (regen health while moving to the next objective/battle) it is sufficient imho.

So once more:

-bind sprint to w
    -bind sprint to shift(or whatever you like)
    -press w(and keep pressing)
    -press shift once
    -now you are walking until you stop pressing w

Oh, thanks for the explanation. I tried it out, but personally I don’t find this solution very useful. Much since when I want to walk, I stop move forward, start, stop, start, and so on. But thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.