Assists

• A topic that is often overlooked on these boards is the way assists register… Now I know its only a stat who cares about it, and its only assists right? Well as of now the assist system is pretty bunk, I cannot for the life of me figure out how I earn assists and it bothers me. Why does it bother me you ask? Well for one I generally play archer, and I aim for the melee guys… a lot. I’m not getting boat loads of kills and I get no assists yet end each map with over 2000 damage done. Kinda confusing, and the really real reason I care is because of the fact that I dont get assists I’m not gaining any rank, score or anything. There are some really good archers out there who don’t show up on score boards because they don’t have the kills other people have and that is dumb, some archers pull their weight. Thanks

• I too, cannot figure the system out.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it is entirely bunk and it just hands out assists to high scoring melee players at random.

• I’m guessing you need to deal a major amount of damage, >75 maybe? They should lower the threshold. :)

• See i thought maybe you needed to deal at least half the damage done… But then again ive hit knights with 2 bodkin arrows from longbow and then they got killed and then no assist. I find this topic most frustrating as I am unable to rank up from the number of assists i get cause I am not gaining any assists in the first place.

• This is something i’d like to know too, I often play as maa and deal 3 or 4 shots with a norsesword and someone steals my kill and I get no assist. On the other-hand, i sometimes get assists after i have stabbed someone with a dagger and run away… It just seems so inconsistent.

• I don’t see how it is damage based. Countless times I have not received an assist after hitting a knight with two zwei overheads only for some stray archer bump into him dagger-first and steal my kill.

• I personally don’t care so much about score but since some people do, it would be good to have a “better” scoreboard. Or not have one at all. I mean, does it serve any purpose? You know you’re good if you’re good and you know you’re bad if you’re bad.

• Yeah it’s not really a big deal to me. Just a curiosity. Not high on the list of things to fix.

• I usually play more of a support role myself and have been trying to figure this out. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s broken and entirely arbitrary at the moment.

• Assists are not ‘only a stat’. They count toward level progression.
    It’s a real issue, especially for lower rank players!

• Atm you don’t get assist if you’re dealing damage with a ranged weapon.

With a melee weapon, you will get assists as long as you’ve got one hit on the enemy. Your hits will be remembered by the game for a not-so-short duration, and even if you die once. For example: You hit someone, but get killed before him. Ten seconds later, a teammate of yours kill your first target. You get the assist. Either you’ve already respawned or not.

I don’t know if several players can get the assist for one kill. Thus, if you do not get the assist whereas you did hit the enemy in melee, perhaps somebody “stole” it from you.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong though, but that’s what I’ve experienced.

@bagetti:

You know you’re good if you’re good and you know you’re bad if you’re bad.

Lawl. Yes. Sure. And we don’t need to watch my little pony CAUSE WE FUCKING LIVE IN PONYVILLE WITH RAINBOWS FROM ONE HOUSE TO ANOTHER.

• Assists are bugged. Don’t bother trying to understand how they work, as they don’t sometimes.

• @Asmon:

With a melee weapon, you will get assists as long as you’ve got one hit on the enemy. Your hits will be remembered by the game for a not-so-short duration

This is absolutely, 100%, not what actually happens.

• @dudeface:

@Asmon:

With a melee weapon, you will get assists as long as you’ve got one hit on the enemy. Your hits will be remembered by the game for a not-so-short duration

This is absolutely, 100%, not what actually happens.

Word. I’ve verified this with science.

• Assists are utterly bugged lol.
    Archer or melee its bugged.
    As an Archer I can get 20+ or 2-3 assists.
    I dont know how it works(or doesnt). But its pretty inconsistent.