Female players

• _I just got my girlfriend to play Chivalry while I am away from my pc!
    _
    She seems to enjoy playing it. I wonder how many other girls are there that enjoy Chivalry :) .

• Err probably quite a few. Does it matter?

Many girls enjoy gaming, especially since it isn’t just viewed as a “nerd” thing anymore. Most are likely just into the CoD clones etc but still. I know one who refuses to play as there aren’t any female characters in Chiv, but still others will enjoy it as a game, just like any bloke would.

• I know a couple of females who play Chivalry. They don’t have ‘female’ steam names though, because they don’t like getting spam from horny geeks who think “wench” is a compliment.

• Dunno - not too many on PC i’d guess, except they ALL play the sims. Its science.

Ddont know too many girls that well but any girls I know that play are on Xbox or PS3. Its just kinda more advertised and straightforward to get into I guess - I sometimes co-op play viva pinata (which is absolutely great) or lego games (pirates of caribbean, lord of the rings, batman) with a housemate, n she loves that stuff: but’d prolly hate Gears or something like that lol. Most of em arn’t into the competitive games but, one famously loves Dishonored: specifically laying waste to all instead of being a stealthy assassin haha.

At least 3 of my (10 housemates haha) male housemates spend hours upon hours playing black ops 2 shrieking “FKING LAG COMP", "OH WELL DONE MATE, YOU CAN USE GHOST AND MP7 YOU TOP CNT!" and "GET OUT OF THE F*KING WAY TEAMMATE” shameslessly, despite the presence of females in the house, and this is actually fairly socially acceptable these days for some reason. These same guys’ll be out 3 nights a week at various dingy, sweaty, piss filled clubs, which apparently is the pinnacle of social status. Pah.

I remember the times at secondary school many moons ago when i’d keep quiet about loving the shit out of xbox, now im at uni - its just the norm. Which is great to be fair haha!

PC? Bit indie nowadays isnt it? Better imo but meh. Dunno really.

• @funthomass:

_I just got my girlfriend to play Chivalry while I am away from my pc!
    _
    She seems to enjoy playing it. I wonder how many other girls are there that enjoy Chivalry :) .

I tried to convert a couple but um they weren’t really gamer girls in the first place.

• @gregcau:

I tried to convert a couple but um they weren’t really gamer girls in the first place.

They probably realized that the armor that you gave them wouldn’t protect them.

• The only two girls that I have on my friends list that play this game are Kimiko and ReMixx. Other than that nope. My gf only plays Plants vs. Zombies and that’s it lol.

• @ChuckingIt:

The only two girls that I have on my friends list that play this game are Kimiko and ReMixx. Other than that nope. My gf only plays Plants vs. Zombies and that’s it lol.

Ho ho ho ho! He is smart, like my shoe.

• @ChuckingIt:

The only two girls that I have on my friends list that play this game are Kimiko and ReMixx.

Kimigiggle.wav

• @BobT36:

Err probably quite a few. Does it matter?

Many girls enjoy gaming, especially since it isn’t just viewed as a “nerd” thing anymore. Most are likely just into the CoD clones etc but still. I know one who refuses to play as there aren’t any female characters in Chiv, but still others will enjoy it as a game, just like any bloke would.

Let’s be honest here, it’s not that there are no girls that play games, merely that few seem to take them as seriously as we do; and usually they don’t get involved into the more hardcore niches games like Chivalry.

I suppose it’s a combination of upbringing and cultural influence causing most girls to be more opposed to violence, even virtual violence. That and it’s just not as “normal” as focusing on shopping and makeup and stuff like that. It’s a shame. I really hope more girls get into serious gaming, there’s no cheaper form of sustainable entertainment.

• @The:

I really hope more girls get into serious gaming, there’s no cheaper form of sustainable entertainment.

I feel like there’s a battery joke in this. But I’m too classy for that.

• The way I see it, gaming is “socially acceptable” enough now, even for women. Like I said many have a console or two and play the standard games. Playing more “serious” ones can easily be done.

The only thing I see that would encourage more ladies with openly admitting (as in they probably already do) to playing more games is:

1. Silly blokes stop slobbering allover and harassing them. (White Knighting, throwing gold, presents, attention at them every two minutes).

2. Female attention whores stop encouraging those silly blokes by not making such a big deal out of being a female on a game. (“HAI BOYZZZZ, GURRRRRRRRRRL GAMER HERE. AREN’T I HAWT? LET ME TELL YOU ALL ABOUT MY LIFE SO YOU CAN GIVE ME SYMPATHY AND PRESENTS BCAUSE’ I’M A GURRRRRRRRRL”).

Unfortunately those two things are a bit of a cycle. Silly blokes will always give attention where attention whores demand it. And attention whores will always demand attention where silly blokes give it.

If it was rightfully treated as not a big deal whatsoever, I don’t think it would be a problem at all. Anything that encourages more people to either do, or be more open about doing what they enjoy is a good thing. Ever see anyone making a big deal out of lasses watching movies? Nope. Be nice to see things be that same level with games one day.

• @BillDoor:

@The:

I really hope more girls get into serious gaming, there’s no cheaper form of sustainable entertainment.

I feel like there’s a battery joke in this. But I’m too classy for that.

Battery as in masturbation? That is free entertainment there….

• Filthy Heathens.

• There are no girls on the internet.

• There are tons of girls who play video games, and quite a few who play Chivalry, but for the most part, Chivalry doesn’t really appeal to too many females. I don’t know why not, this is my favorite game xD

Every female that I know in real life, think “online gaming” is stuff like Facebook games gag… Either that or they play console games mostly. So it’s really nice to come across some normal females every so often who truly like games like Chivalry, Starcraft, or various other games. I think I have two females on my friend’s list, out of 164.

@ChuckingIt:

The only two girls that I have on my friends list that play this game are Kimiko and ReMixx. Other than that nope. My gf only plays Plants vs. Zombies and that’s it lol.

Lol hilarious…

Has your girlfriend every tried Chivalry? Or just that whole genre doesn’t appeal to her?

• @Kimiko:

Lol hilarious…

[kimibjorn:o80z9syv][/kimibjorn:o80z9syv]

^CLICK HER (Chrome or IE, no FireFox for now)

• I do have a feeling that while the male to female ratio in hardcore PC games is definitely skewed in favor of the guys, that there are a lot of girls who pretend to be male, or act like it in general, to avoid the frustration of dealing with the horde of men that will no doubt try to bow at her feet because she plays a game.

It’s cool when girls play real games, but guys have to stop going to such extremes or else they’ll remain in the shadows.

To me, male or female, it’s shocking to know there are so many human beings out there who don’t play video games at all. Living your whole life not knowing there are millions of other worlds filled with Simolean speaking, acidic medieval psyionic zerglings awaiting but the click of a 8,200 dpi mouse. It really brings to stress the tired saying of “You don’t know what you’re missing”.