Your drink of choice?

• So this latest poo-tastic assault on the off topic forums is to be two pronged. Phase two will occur shortly.

Phase one.

As I sit here, lapping up a delicious mead, (any drink currently qualifies as a mead, for the purposes of tiring of the mead) I wonder….

And although thou will surely soon tire of thy mead, and be thirsting for BLAAAAD - I ask thee brothers…

If you were to die gloriously in battle the next day, what would be your drink of choice be on a cold mid winter’s eve, or a warm summers afternoon?

Alcohol only, we dont entertain the cissy agathian soft drink affiliation here! This is a GOOD MASON THREAD.

Mid winter’s eve - Any kind of Tawny Port. Im a classy gent, me. (go on, try and say ‘port’ without sounding like a posh twat)

Warm Summer’s afternoon - Definitely a Thatcher’s Green Goblin: sitting with one right now :).

• Alcohol only…

My drink of choice is the delicious midori sour.

• dark rum, light rum and pineapple choice shaken not stirred

• I mean, feel free to blither on about your favourite soft drink like a wet lettuce - dont feel too constrained! Cackle.

However, if I was captured by the People’s Liberation Army - and tortured horribly, I’d probably concede that Barr’s Cream Soda is quite delicious on its own. And its made in scotland, like all good things. All other Cream Soda is hideous though, course.

• I drink water.

• Apple juice.

• Pfft. Alcohol are for fools who likes to weakened themselves.

I prefer drinking something makes myself stronger, like maybe milk!

Ish joking

I don’t like milk at all… But I still don’t like alcohol so can’t say much now… Just wanted to make that joke.

• Alcohol is for the weak. Real men drink prune juice all day.

Live the DBZ dream.

• Killians Irish Red!

• This is a pretty complicated question. Drink of choice before dinner? After dinner? At 5 AM? On a weekend? To nurse on slowly or to down quickly and in vast quantities?

For the most part I don’t drink anything neat, nor do I enjoy beer or anything made from straight ethanol and water (i.e. Vodka, Everclear). But other than that there are so many variables it would be impossible for me to say what drink I would want on my death bed without knowing all of the factors about when and how I’m going to die.

Still, the closest one can get to beverage perfection would have to be Bushmills Irish Honey & Blenheim Red Cap Ginger Ale with a squeeze of lime. I can at the very least say that if this were the last drink I had before I died, I wouldn’t be disappointed. If I were to die in the summer in particular, it’d be hard to go wrong with a blended pina colada.

• Such an elaborate post from our dear SlyGoat.

• @Kimiko:

Alcohol only…

My drink of choice is the delicious midori sour.

Such a noob chick drink….

Beer=Guinness and most micro brews like Boulevard Pale Ale and Wheat
    Mixed=Tangrey or Bombay Saffire and Tonic
    Liquors: Chartreuse, Jagermiester, Louis XVI, and I am starting to like some of the Honey Whiskeys
    Wine: Nothing beats a good Port
    French= Louis Jardot, Bourgeolet
    Californai= Geyser Peak, Merlot
    Cheap wine= 2 Buck Chuck (Charles Shaw) from Trader Joe’s Cabernet and Shiraz

• Splendid Slygoat. A connoisseur of fine beverages is always trustworthy in my book. Not like these water-drinkers. Never trust a man who drinks naught but water. He wants to stay ruthlessly efficient, and that can only be a bad thing…

That JD honey is rather tasty, but i’m a bit wet and dont like whiskeys straight - though i’m always mixing whiskey cocktails - tend to prefer the simpler ones like lynchburg lemonade with grand marnier. Retsnom, If you like port - give Chambord a go if you’ve yet to, its great. Jagermeister however, is on my list of avoided drinks - probably jager-bombs that’ve soured it utterly for me to be fair.

• @Triumphant:

Splendid Slygoat. A connoisseur of fine beverages is always trustworthy in my book. Not like these water-drinkers. Never trust a man who drinks naught but water. He wants to stay ruthlessly efficient, and that can only be a bad thing…

That JD honey is rather tasty, but i’m a bit wet and dont like whiskeys straight - though i’m always mixing whiskey cocktails - tend to prefer the simpler ones like lynchburg lemonade with grand marnier. Retsnom, If you like port - give Chambord a go if you’ve yet to, its great. Jagermeister however, is on my list of avoided drinks - probably jager-bombs that’ve soured it utterly for me to be fair.

I too am not much of a whiskey, scotch or bourbon fan either. Under my Liquor choices, these are to be sipped in a snifter and not slammed in a shot. Shots are for kids. I do like Chambord but like Grand Marnier better alone or to be sipped with a nice light beer chaser. Chambord is great over ice cream or cheeses cake though.

I really love Jager in a snifter with a pint of Guinness, the two really balance themselves and complement each other as well.

Try Chartreuse sometime. It is the only liquor to not be banned during prohibition as it was considered a medicine at the time. It is made from herbs, much like Jager but quite different. It has a very nature flavor to it as well as a green color. http://www.drinkupny.com/Chartreuse_Gre … /s0081.htm

• After slaughtering hundreds of peasants I enjoy drinking a glass of chocolate milk.

• To me Pigtale´s, a Jolly Coke it is.

• A glass (or two…or more… :D ) of red wine can be all i need.
    Preferably Chianti or Côtes du Rhônes

• Chocolate milk is excusable.

Its been so sunny here today, I’ve misjudged it entirely, decided suncream was ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY and i’m now burned as hell - particularly on my skinny ass knees, bizarrely. To this end, I am now able to go into battle entirely naked, but my team shall still know who’s side im on. AAAAAYYYYEEEEE!

So for this rare british sunny occasion i thought i’d give that semi-new Carling Cider a go, and despite this making me obvious cannon fodder for any traditionalists - its not bad at all!

• @SlyGoat:

anything made from straight ethanol and water (i.e. Vodka, Everclear).

A mixture of ethanol and water would be ‘bathtub vodka’ which is not vodka.

Vodka and Everclear are both made by fermentation. They only lack congeners (which many think actually cause hangovers).

• @Riuuii:

After slaughtering hundreds of peasants I enjoy drinking a glass of chocolate milk.

AAAH HAH HA, AYE!
    Though personally I prefer strawberry milk…