CU1 Patch 1.5a hotfix LIVE

• A hotfix patch aimed at fixing some issues introduced in patch 1.5 is now available. on the beta client.

-Fixed “moonwalking”.
    -Fixed several issues with toggle sprint.
    -Fixed client-side sprint animation sometimes not playing while sprinting.
    -Fixed some animation desyncs related to being hit in release.
    -Toggle sprint now deactivates when you stop moving forward.

Additionally, the dodge smoothing changes from the 1.5 beta have been finalized and are included in this hotfix.

• BASED TORNBANNER.

• Well, that was quick. If it actually works, and it gets pushed out in under a week, you might shut up, like, three of the naysayers!

• @Ramare:

Well, that was quick. If it actually works, and it gets pushed out in under a week, you might shut up, like, three of the naysayers!

I sincerely doubt that.

• CHIV IS DYING!!!11 IT’S BEEN DAYS SINCE A PATCH WTFUUUU TORN BANNER SUCKS!!111

• @BobT36:

CHIV IS DYING!!!11 IT’S BEEN DAYS SINCE A PATCH WTFUUUU TORN BANNER SUCKS!!111

Watch your negativity or you will be banned.

• Good to see this.

You know, I would love to see small, more frequent patches coming out more often, instead of the big patch every once in a while.

I know that not all issues are the same and some of them require longer times for coding and beta testing, but it would be fantastic if small fixes could come out more often.

In the end of the day, it’s the developers choice on how they prefer to work. I’d just like to add my 2 cents.

• So why is this on the beta build instead of the live version?

• @Martin:

So why is this on the beta build instead of the live version?

“Testing” obviously.

• @Martin:

So why is this on the beta build instead of the live version?

SO THEY DON’T FUCK UP EVEN MOAR OF THE GAEM BECAUSE TRN BANNER R NABS AND BREAK MOAR DEN THEY FIX!!1

@Falc:

Watch your negativity or you will be banned.

FU I (my mum) Payed Money 4 dis game and want refund but they won’t give, my Xbawx runs CoD better than this pile of shite!!!

Mod Edit: User was Banned for this Post.

• Blah blah blah.

Let us rejoice on how quick we wanted to get this out for you peeps.

Right after we saw the issues, we’ve worked on it. 4 days? Is that okay? :?

Also, moving the EU beta servers over as we speak as for some reason, they were placed on the live build only. xD

• All negative ninkumpoops will be banned. See above ^^

• @kn1ght.whoSaysNi:

Good to see this.

You know, I would love to see small, more frequent patches coming out more often, instead of the big patch every once in a while.

I would as well - the problem is, however frequent the patches, small isn’t possible with UE3. This patch was over 800 MBs. This is a problem for a lot of players who have to deal with bandwidth caps if we’re pushing 800+ MB patches every week; and as shown by patch 1.5, some things require a lot more testing than others. 1.5 took only a month after Patch 1 (29th of March for Patch 1, 29th of April for 1.5) - but if the first build we put on the beta had been stable, it would’ve taken only a week (first beta was April 4th).

Still, I don’t think anyone can say with a straight face that we haven’t improved the frequency of our updates.

• There couldn’t have been too much Beta testing in the 1.5 patch, since I already discovered a couple of bugs after one hour of gameplay.

So is the beta testing worth using when there is barely anyone to actually test out the upcomming patches for the live version.

I would love to participate in the beta only if I were given a proper server to play it out on.

• @SlyGoat:

I would as well - the problem is, however frequent the patches, small isn’t possible with UE3. This patch was over 800 MBs. This is a problem for a lot of players who have to deal with bandwidth caps if we’re pushing 800+ MB patches every week; and as shown by patch 1.5, some things require a lot more testing than others. 1.5 took only a month after Patch 1 (29th of March for Patch 1, 29th of April for 1.5) - but if the first build we put on the beta had been stable, it would’ve taken only a week (first beta was April 4th).

Still, I don’t think anyone can say with a straight face that we haven’t improved the frequency of our updates.

I didn’t know about the issue with the engine. That completely blows away the idea of frequent patches. I do agree that you have improved the frequency of the updates, that’s very clear and I thank all of the developers for that.

ps: I know it isn’t fair to compare, given the size and money the studios have available, but I thought of the small and frequent patches with Dota 2 in mind. I don’t play the game but I have it installed and see updates as small as 3.3 MB. Anyway, there’s no point comparing Valve and Torn Banner, this makes no sense. Torn Banner has been doing a great job in my point of view.

• Thanks for getting this out so fast!

• @SlyGoat:

@Ramare:

Well, that was quick. If it actually works, and it gets pushed out in under a week, you might shut up, like, three of the naysayers!

I sincerely doubt that.

Wait…doubt what?
    That it will work, that it will be out in under a week, that it will shut any naysayers up, or all of the above?

• EU beta servers FINALLY ONLINE. After 4 hours of dealing with this, I’m so happy this is done. ENJOY EURO FRIENDS! XD

• [kimibjorn:110ova30][/kimibjorn:110ova30]

• Don’t simply ban someone for their negativity just show them that you can prove otherwise. That is how to win over costumers.