Catapult and balista

• I’d like to create this topic to discuss ways to increase the effectiveness of the two mentioned siege weapons.

I fancy my self fairly proficient with the catapult getting on average 2-3 team kills to 10-15 actual kills and I’d like to say some strategies that I’ve used for the pult that you may find effective as well as some folies that have be fallen me and by consequence my team.

The first strategy I’ve used successfully is after a bunch of your team members dying on a map with a push the cart objective is to aim for the cart more often than not you will clear the cart of your foes and leave it clean to push again. This has lead to a moment where I killed 7 team members in one pult but I thankfully didn’t get vote kicked.

Second, ask your vanguards to throw smoke balls in the areas where there are foes so you can try to distinguish at range where to aim since i’m sure we all know how hard it is to tell who’s who some times.

Have a designated aimer who is in the fray who a little back telling you where to aim.

• And……
    What is wrong with these exactly?
    You only mentioned the Catapult… What about the Ballista?
    I think you are in the wrong section buddy. Try tactics and tutorials.

• Using a smoke pot as a flare… Pretty cool idea. :)

• @jrmftw:

And……
    What is wrong with these exactly?
    You only mentioned the Catapult… What about the Ballista?
    I think you are in the wrong section buddy. Try tactics and tutorials.

Don’t use the ballistae often enough to give strategies but Yes I am in the wrong section can a mod please move this over.

@Matti:

Using a smoke pot as a flare… Pretty cool idea. :)

I’m glad you like it, it can… backfire how ever.

• Catapult is already OP.

• I wish the catapult had the ranged weapon mouse3 option that allows you to follow the boulder’s trajectory and see where it lands. I like to use the catapult on stoneshill defense and bomb the road with the masons coming in, but the hill blocks my view entirely and I have to guess my shots.

• @Torrenz:

I wish the catapult had the ranged weapon mouse3 option that allows you to follow the boulder’s trajectory and see where it lands. I like to use the catapult on stoneshill defense and bomb the road with the masons coming in, but the hill blocks my view entirely and I have to guess my shots.

I think the devs said this should have already been in, but for some reason has never worked. :?

• I had working a few times a long time ago it broke after CU1 iirc it wasn’t that useful though since the catapult fires so slow and people move although it was fairly decent in stoneshill since peasants farther a way didn’t move as often

• @akazi:

@Torrenz:

I wish the catapult had the ranged weapon mouse3 option that allows you to follow the boulder’s trajectory and see where it lands. I like to use the catapult on stoneshill defense and bomb the road with the masons coming in, but the hill blocks my view entirely and I have to guess my shots.

I think the devs said this should have already been in, but for some reason has never worked. :?

It works in the tutorial but not in the actual matches. Or at least it did when I did the tutorial, which was several months ago.

• AOC catapults were so much better and far more accurate in using it. But it was always a risk of not used properly or had bad timing. It is far from OP, it is just horrible to use, visibility/camera view sucks, getting on and off of it totally sucks. If you get hit you cannot fight until you parry first, thus making you dead.

• @Retsnom:

It is far from OP, it is just horrible to use, visibility/camera view sucks, getting on and off of it totally sucks.

Totally agree, the main thing that needs to happen on both cat and ball is fix the bug stopping us from using missile cam.
    @Retsnom:

If you get hit you cannot fight until you parry first, thus making you dead.

I didn’t realise that parrying was tantamount to death.