Suggestion for Battlegrounds

• I was thinking about this for some time and I think, it would improve the ability to enjoy this map. My idea is to add a governor for the city after you’ve blown up the city gate. You ask for a reason for this to happen?
    First, in the medieval time, most of the towns had some sort of governor, because the king couldn’t rule every city on his own. Second, Battleground has only 2 objectives, while every other map has at least 3. Third, it is kinda strange that you blow open the gate without the ability to do anything further.

The governor should have less health than the kings, but vanguard weapons, because we’ve seen the knight weapons often enough so far.

To reach the governor, the Agathian team should have to cross some sort of plaza, and at the end of it should be some sort of palace or villa or something like that, with multiple ways to reach the governor, but not with as many as on Citadel, because that would completely destroy the balance of such objectives.
    Thanks for reading, I’d like to read your opinions :)

• battlegrounds is a remake of an old AoC map. It only had 2 objectives back then, so I guess this was not changed for nostalgic reasons. They modified the first objective though, but it is much better that way. You only had to stand next to a flagpole in AoC for some seconds.

• Existing maps won’t be changed. Adding more to Battlegrounds would be too much work, so it’s better to just make more maps in this case ;)

• @Kimiko:

Existing maps won’t be changed. Adding more to Battlegrounds would be too much work, so it’s better to just make more maps in this case ;)

That´s too bad. Right now, whenever I play battlegrounds I´m like: Oh, not this again…
    I find this map to be the most boring one because that cart just takes soooo long to get to the gate.
    If you made the cart move much faster then you could add a third objective to make up for it… :)

• Then how about adding a map which takes place after Battlegrounds, like Stoneshill is after Darkforest? I mean you could do something like climb up walls inside the city to access the governor via siege ladders or siege towers (I know that has been suggested in another post) or something like that. But it’s too bad you won’t change Battlegrounds, it’s really kinda boring if you’ve played the other maps too.

• Global Moderator

A map afterwords would be cool. A nice urban map. The agathians kill the traitors is what I had in mind.

And I just noticed. What’s up with the kimiko tags?

[kimibjorn]???[/kimibjorn]

• battlegrounds is a remake of an old AoC map. It only had 2 objectives back then, so I guess this was not changed for nostalgic reasons.

There were 3 objectives: raise the flag, build the bridge, push the cart

• They should make a “sequel map” to Battlegrounds, where Agatha are actually taking over the city. Since I assume that this city previously belonged to Agatha and they are retaking it, I hope to see the former governor hanged in the town square hehe. The last objective could be to kill the Mason Field Marshal who took over the city in the first place.

• @funthomass:

@Kimiko:

Existing maps won’t be changed. Adding more to Battlegrounds would be too much work, so it’s better to just make more maps in this case ;)

That´s too bad. Right now, whenever I play battlegrounds I´m like: Oh, not this again…
    I find this map to be the most boring one because that cart just takes soooo long to get to the gate.
    If you made the cart move much faster then you could add a third objective to make up for it… :)

Yeah I used to like it. I like the first part where we have to burn things, but pushing the cart is soo long and tedious. But yeah, I’d definitely like to see some sort of sequel as well. Who knows!

@lemonater47:

And I just noticed. What’s up with the kimiko tags?

[kimibjorn]???[/kimibjorn]

~_~ Talk to ReMixx about that.

And apprarently you aren’t supposed to put anything in between the tags… Just post the tag and voila… >.>

• @Kimiko:

Sorry but that’s a bad decision.
    Battlegrounds is one of the best maps in the whole game, it is just a tad too short. A third objective behind the castle gates would make it the best map, in my opinion.

Instead we get maps like citadel, great… :|

• I don’t get it why so many people are hating Citadel, I mean kings stage is not impossible, I’ve already won it as king : P

Back to topic: I’ve never played AoC, but building a bridge sounds way better than just marching over a bridge which has been built by the Masons for no reason. And burning the farm is sweet and good, but pushing the petard gets more boring every time I play it :?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.